Stranger Things

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't even hate Skyler. She was a dumb bitch a lot of times (WALKING INTO THE POOL LOL), but I think in general she was ultra confused by what was going on. Plus without Skyler we wouldn't have gotten "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS." Literally the best speech ever muttered in a show.

I think the fact that people hated Skyler and Hank just showcase that they were very good actors. Hank I hated after his accident though.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I binged it when it was all said and done and I still hated her. Seriously just get over it and enjoy the millions, stop freaking out about a boogyman that you never even saw. My wife and I liked Hank better after the accident because he went from douchnozzle to good guy with morals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The Good Place is definitely like top 10 favorite shows of all time for me, maybe top 5. It's just so fucking good.

I liked Skylar for what she was, she was written to be the shrewy wife who was in his way on his path to fuckedupedness. She wasn't ever going to be a ride-or-die-bitch. She just tried to make do with this incredibly fucked up situation she was forced into.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Either I'm confused or you are, or both! But the fertilizer eating people I took to just be fueling the change going on inside their bodies so they could get to the evolution stage / kersplat stage at the factory. Not sure where else they were to go with that.

Can we agree at this point if you are in this thread you have watched all of s1-3 of ST, just stay out of the thread if you haven't watched it (ie fuck spoiler tags)

I also thought the fertilizer thing was building up to something. I'm a dumbass but i thought they were building something ala skynet/terminator, like some mega-trap or something for El lol i did like what it actually was though, like a super predator made up out of body parts. That is some The Thing body horror / Cthulu shit that is freaky as fuck.

The fact that El could "visit" the lifeguard chick in dreamvision and she was in a "ice tub" kinda suggests some part of her was still alive for most of this season. Also they never really explained who Steve was "talking" to when he was in the upside down, it was a bunch of people (?) in zombie mode. Was it just the Mind Flayer fucking with his mind like a D&D psionic being, or are parts of them still conscious/alive in the upside down? I assume next season will spend more time in the Upside Down.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Man S3 was a total letdown to me, but

I'm pretty sure hopper jumped in the upside down at the end, because when they were in Russia to get that prisoner, the first thing the guard said to the other one was "No, not the American". How hopper got to Russia needs explaining, but I'm 99% sure he's still alive and kicking.

All things considered, though, they need to get this show back into the upside down and not monster mall simulator. That was goofy as all hell for S3. I'm willing to forgive since S1 and S2 were so good, but S4 needs to really focus on the upside down, answer some of the questions (we dont even know the basic reason as to why the creatures in the upside down want to kill everyone), and go from there.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think this season is near S1 quality. I've really come to love the characters. These are great child actors. This is a high-quality-adult-appealing kids series. That's fucking hard to make.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
See I weirdly liked them. I don't know why. I believe that breaking bad is the greatest show that was ever made though

How badass was it when everything looks great for Walter, they're all just BBQing, then Hank goes to drop a deuce, and picks up the damn book. Holy shit.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sad they didn't go anywhere with the buildup of people eating fertilizer and going nuts, why would something that eats people crave/require those chemicals? I

Yeah really baffling how that plot thread seemed so important then just nothing. Really adds to how useless the Jon and Nancy scenes felt

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The Good Place is definitely like top 10 favorite shows of all time for me, maybe top 5. It's just so fucking good.

I liked Skylar for what she was, she was written to be the shrewy wife who was in his way on his path to fuckedupedness. She wasn't ever going to be a ride-or-die-bitch. She just tried to make do with this incredibly fucked up situation she was forced into.

Yes, correct. Wife characters exist to provide an alternative source of drama/tension to the main plot. Or do people here expect the wives of mob bosses and drug chemists to be 100% subservient and think that makes a compelling story/character?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yes, correct. Wife characters exist to provide an alternative source of drama/tension to the main plot. Or do people here expect the wives of mob bosses and drug chemists to be 100% subservient and think that makes a compelling story/character?
For sure. In cases like this where you have a hated character it just seems that people don't spend much time imagining that character's point of view in the story. We see Walt as the hero, we don't imagine what it's like to be married to someone who just vanishes for days on end with constant streams of lies and then find out that they've endangered your family and changed so fundamentally you can't even relate to them. Some people think about it beyond the surface but for most, not really, Walt's a badass and Skylar's a bitch and boring etc. And they aren't even necessarily wrong, we tune in to watch Walt face off against <insert antagonist> every week, not the marriage travails of some accountant/stay at home mom. It's just worth consideration, when thinking through the themes of the show.

The chemicals in ST3 were somehow related to the tranformation into a piece of the mind flayer. They were infected, they ate the chemicals, then they basically fermented or whatever until the mind flayer had enough material to form voltron. It was all about the mind flayer working in the background while the community was unaware so it could conquer.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Scoops Ahoy, Indeed. (spoiler slightly nsfw)

tumblr_pv3wwt6dBf1qlrawao6_r1_400.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Right, and they are all good Mormon girls with their frocks two inches below their ankles and long sleeves?

Good grief.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Third season sucks. The whole surprise lesbian SJW shit in episode 7 is retarded as fuck. Get fucked netflix

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The whole surprise lesbian SJW shit in episode 7 is retarded as fuck. Get fucked netflix
I think the emotional payoff for the 97% of straight people would have been better if those two characters got together instead of lesbian friendzoned, it was a sad surprise for me since I thought I knew where it was going and it was a nice moment when Steve releaved his feelings. I guess it worked better for the other 3% of people who are gay.

However the main cast is getting larger every season and is at the size where you would natually expect a gay character. I think the issue is that the actress is really fucking attractive since she has those Uma Thurman genes, if it was Barbara from season 1 I don't think anyone would give a shit.

The thing that makes me think that this isn't SJW shit is that they made Eleven be straight and showed her in a straight relationship, SJWs don't write powerful female characters as straight.

There were a few SJW hints but they were balanced out by things which were not SJW. Like Dustin's girlfriend likes radios and knows Plank's Constant like a male nerd, but then she wants him to sing her a sickly sweet song. Or the black girl is super competent and is gifted the D&D books no black girl would ever use, but she acts a lot like a sassy black stereotype otherwise.

• 1Garbage