Stranger Things

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Season 1 of Parks and Rec was basically the same kind of cringe humor from The Office, but it didn't get good until Season 2

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The first season of Parks & Rec is like six episodes. Literally accounts for less than half a percent of the Parks & Rec catalog.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's the only thing I can think he could be talking about, because they basically completely abandoned the cringe shit after that but those first few episodes it was intense as fuck

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Season 1 of Parks and Rec was basically the same kind of cringe humor from The Office, but it didn't get good until Season 2
The first season of Parks & Rec is like six episodes. Literally accounts for less than half a percent of the Parks & Rec catalog.
That's the only thing I can think he could be talking about, because they basically completely abandoned the cringe shit after that but those first few episodes it was intense as fuck

All this information is VERY good to know, I watched like 2-3 episodes if I recall and then abandoned ship.

There are a lot of shows in that genre (Always sunny, Arrested Development, The Office...) that I would love to watch but I can't get over the absurdity of the characters in order to sit through a whole show. Oddly enough I love clips from most of those shows but I just can't stand to sit through an entire show.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I liked it, but was rooting for Steve to turn Robin straight again. I know the Netflix LGBTtransqueers won't let that happen, but be cool if it did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
All this information is VERY good to know, I watched like 2-3 episodes if I recall and then abandoned ship.

There are a lot of shows in that genre (Always sunny, Arrested Development, The Office...) that I would love to watch but I can't get over the absurdity of the characters in order to sit through a whole show. Oddly enough I love clips from most of those shows but I just can't stand to sit through an entire show.
Yeah man, try it again, just start with season 2 directly. Dont get me wrong, the characters are absurd, but in a different way I think.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. I've got that problem with a lot of shows as well. And books. It's even easier to notice with books. You get one, you know through the synopsis that you'll appreciate it, but for some reason you just can't get past the first ten pages. Sometimes you go back to it X time later and enjoy it the way you expected to. Sometimes it sits on the shelf forever because interest is such a fickle damn thing.

P&R is worth a second try.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm actually rewatching a few shows all at once right now - Seinfeld, TNG, The Office, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad - and its crazy how bad some of the season 1s of older shows are. I absolutely love Breaking Bad but holy shitcakes there are entire 15-20 minute sequences in season 1 of BB that are unbearable to watch, basically just Skyler being a cunt, Marie and Skyler talking, or Walt talking to students in class.

P&R is definitely in that category too, episode 1 especially is just god awful and is totally a side step from the Office, it wasn't until s2 that they got their own vibe.

Other two comedy shows not to sleep on are Brooklyn 99 and The Good Place

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I started watching Breaking Bad but stopped mid second season. Didn't pick it back up for over a year. Maybe two. Damn is that one of the greatest shows ever but it is kind of a chore to watch the early episodes.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
For me, season 3 of Breaking Bad was the hardest one to get through. Where pretty much every character becomes a miserable piece of shit.

Just finished S3 of this. It was good but didn't grab me the same way as S1, I was fine watching an episode or two and waiting a week to watch more.

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Breaking Bad is a lot like LotR, if you skip all the Sam & Frodo scenes (Skylar & anyone else) until the final season it becomes a pretty awesome action experience.

Just finished ST3 and have to say, thought it was pretty awesome. I don't quite understand...
How did the russians know about the gate that was in Hawkins before, let alone replicate it / open it. Did they not realize behind that gate was a big pile of WTF you don't want to mess with?
I thought the mindflayer actually transferred into this side of the world, wasn't expecting it to be a small subset that was f'd when the gate closes
Sad they didn't go anywhere with the buildup of people eating fertilizer and going nuts, why would something that eats people crave/require those chemicals? I thought the final fight would be someone creating some anti-chemical mix to break it all down or something
Also in the boat of bummed that Robin & Steve didn't wind up giving it a shot, she seems to like him. Laughed as I told my gf she looked like uma thurman, wound up looking it up and she's her daughter

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Breaking Bad is a lot like LotR, if you skip all the Sam & Frodo scenes (Skylar & anyone else) until the final season it becomes a pretty awesome action experience.

Just finished ST3 and have to say, thought it was pretty awesome. I don't quite understand...
Sad they didn't go anywhere with the buildup of people eating fertilizer and going nuts, why would something that eats people crave/require those chemicals? I thought the final fight would be someone creating some anti-chemical mix to break it all down or something

Either I'm confused or you are, or both! But the fertilizer eating people I took to just be fueling the change going on inside their bodies so they could get to the evolution stage / kersplat stage at the factory. Not sure where else they were to go with that.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Either I'm confused or you are, or both! But the fertilizer eating people I took to just be fueling the change going on inside their bodies so they could get to the evolution stage / kersplat stage at the factory. Not sure where else they were to go with that.

There were a few lines that explained this one episode. All the fertilizer/chemical ingestion did was to initiate the evolution change to goo. The kids said something along the lines of, "The only reason something would eat all those chemicals would be to create something new"

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Two nitpicks - nobody in the 80's wore seatbelts, Nancy telling all the kids to buckle up never would have happened.
My mom always made us wear ours, even back then.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I started watching Breaking Bad but stopped mid second season. Didn't pick it back up for over a year. Maybe two. Damn is that one of the greatest shows ever but it is kind of a chore to watch the early episodes.
See I weirdly liked them. I don't know why. I believe that breaking bad is the greatest show that was ever made though.

Parks and Rec after season 1 was incredible. I think the last season was pretty lame, but it was still ok. There was magic in there from like 2-6 though.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I really wish they had killed off Skylar. She was so fucking annoying. Hank was great toward the end. In the end, it was just a story about shitty people which I dig. Kinda like it's always sunny.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Waiting all week for a new episode to have screen time occupied by Skylar and her awful sister with commercial breaks mixed in heightened the negative aspects of those characters.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
The good place has been mentioned a few times. Gotta +1 it.

It's too good for network television.

Bb was so weird. S1 is so awful. S4 is a great comic book, legit fantastic. Jesse's entire character arc was genuinely moving. But the bad parts are so bad, and not in any constructive way. I don't even think they're intentional. BB is just all over the place. But when it hits it hits.