Stranger Things

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
From what I read there is not a season 5. There is a season 4 volume 2 in a month and it’s two very long episodes.

Did anyone catch that the sister of the computer hacker looked and dressed exactly like Aly Sheedy in the breakfast club?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
No there is a season 5, its still in pre production with no other info but the show does NOT end with season 4 part 2 which releases in July and is 2 episodes like you said. Season 5 was confirmed a long time ago and is currently the final season.

The big reason for the splits this year (BCS, Stranger Things) is Emmy cutoff for 2022 is May 31st and the VFX etc was not done for part 2 so they split it. They've already said stranger things season 5 will not take 3 years but release sooner but also have a time jump. There have been HUGE hints the past 2 seasons of time travel being involved, like all the back to the future references last seawson and the Upside Down being frozen at a specific date and time (Will's entrance) in this season. That was years after Vecna entered too so thats an important clue.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
By the time season 5 comes out these kids will have kids, so makes sense there is a time jump.

• 1Like

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I just finished the first 7 episodes of season 4, and maybe it's the afterglow, but I feel like this season was way better than seasons 2 and 3.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob

something definitely going on with Ms Kelly, plus no way an attractive asian woman stays single in California in the 80s and 90s

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

something definitely going on with Ms Kelly, plus no way an attractive asian woman stays single in California in the 80s and 90s
Agree I think she is connected to vecna some how. One correction she is on Hawkins Illinois not Ca

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
80s midwest hot, everyone had big hair and giant Paladin T3 shoulder pads for some reason plus that whole asian thing which a subset of guys were into

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
80s midwest hot, everyone had big hair and giant Paladin T3 shoulder pads for some reason plus that whole asian thing which a subset of guys were into
Subset of guys = 75% of white guys

Were into = still into to this very day.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The big reason for the splits this year (BCS, Stranger Things) is Emmy cutoff for 2022 is May 31st and the VFX etc was not done for part 2 so they split it.

I thought it was because they were trying to double dip on 2 months of subs

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
stranger things volume 2 will drop in 10 days, July 1st. Episode 2 is like 2h30m lol

This is not the final season, there is at least a season 5 which is supposed to be the final season but who knows. Also Better Call Saul returns July 11th and Thor 4 is July 7th so July is good eatin

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the "Epic SEASON finale" Kind of clues in that it is not the final season as otherwise it would say "Epic Series Finale".

Looking forward to this and curious to see what season 5 is.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have a strong suspicion the Duffer Brothers are fucking with us. Ostensibly the part 1 part 2 split is because they needed to get more SFX done for the final two episodes while also putting them in a position to get Emmy awards in two different years.

However while we are currently sitting on a cliffhanger we are also enjoying things like the end of Episode 4, "Running Up That Hill" gets to number 1 internationally and we collectively as fans get to geek out about Eddie and Robin+Nancy sleuthing it up etc. for a whole month.

Then they will come in next weekend and emotionally wreck us with the end of season 4 and thus set up season 5 as the climax of the whole deal. It will be enough of a gut punch that it would otherwise overshadow all the things from the first batch of episodes. The general theme of Season 4 is 'Nightmare on Elm Street' and I think the final impact will be substantial.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ostensibly the part 1 part 2 split is because they needed to get more SFX done for the final two episodes while also putting them in a position to get Emmy awards in two different years.

This is all bullshit. The real reason is to get an extra month of subs. Did you think it just a coincidence that the show ended on a massive cliffhanger because they "needed an extra month for SFX"?

• 3Like