Stranger Things

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is all bullshit. The real reason is to get an extra month of subs. Did you think it just a coincidence that the show ended on a massive cliffhanger because they "needed an extra month for SFX"?
100% all about getting another month of subs.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looking forward to this and curious to see what season 5 is.
Don't hold your breath. Netflix will be worth about 10 percent of what it was when season 4 was green lighted. They're not going to spend 400 million on another season. Prob 70 million well see what we get in 3 years.

spronk

FPS noob
season 4 part 2 debuts in 2 days (July 1st) should be 2 episodes but each is massive:

episode 8 1h25m
episode 9 2h30m

amazon is getting on board the 80s kids nostalgia with their own girl-version of Stranger Things, Paper Girls

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Damn just binge watched the entire season over the past few days. Episode 7 was an actual masterpiece. The dude who plays #1 was extremely well cast, he nailed it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Last 2 episodes are up, there goes my next 4 hours!

edit: Obey your master, MASTER!
Love it!

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Also binged when they dropped

That cliffhanger....good lord. I knew they would go big heading into Season 5 but that shit is crazy. I'm guessing by season 5 they will have set up some sort of forbidden zone around Hawkins due to 'radiation' or some such.

Eddie went out a hero. Shame to get another good one-season-only character, but he has a nice arc. White jock getting ripped in half was perfect.

So are we thinking that Henry/One/Vecna encountered a neutral 'entity' in the Upside Down and by virtue of his contact he turned it into the MindFlayer as an extension of his will?

Eleven basically forced Max's body to reboot but Max herself is still Vecna's prisoner? I'm guessing that may still be the case and she will have been in a coma the whole time between 4 and 5.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
So are we thinking that Henry/One/Vecna encountered a neutral 'entity' in the Upside Down and by virtue of his contact he turned it into the MindFlayer as an extension of his will?

Eleven basically forced Max's body to reboot but Max herself is still Vecna's prisoner?

When Eleven went into Max's mind at the end there was nobody home so it's even worse than the usual trance. Assume Vecna absorbed Max like he claimed he absorbed the souls of the others he killed. That sounds fatal but then it seems that Eleven is now a necromancer too so eh... Bit of a shame as it lessens the impact of Max dying but I'm torn on it since Max was my favourite character this season.

It was an excellent season and it's the first season of Stranger Things where the heroes really didn't achieve any kind of victory - apart from getting everyone back together I guess.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well,

Season 5 will be very interesting. When it happened, one thought came to mind....

1656707163152.png

At this point, Eleven is going to have to take it to Goku levels. I presume that she will get strong enough to ....fly. I was pleasantly surprised at the brutality of the situation. I hope it actually gets worse as it should given what is happening. I actually exclaimed Damn!? when the football player got nailed. I do hate how they keep introducing great characters and then...nope. I appreciate the Game of Thrones feel in that way. This is still easily the best show Netflix has had anything to do with. Fantastic season that just keeps improving the story.

Amazon wants to copy this formula.

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Fucking hell i love this show. Last 2 eps were S tier. Between this and Boys, actually some good shit to watch. Weird that Reiser is in both, but eh.
Anyone else get the sense that 11 actually created the upside down when she blasted 001? Would explain the weird time lock there.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Fucking hell i love this show. Last 2 eps were S tier. Between this and Boys, actually some good shit to watch. Weird that Reiser is in both, but eh.
Anyone else get the sense that 11 actually created the upside down when she blasted 001? Would explain the weird time lock there.

She blasted him in 1979 and there he found a barren landscape with a few democritters that looked to be just idly wandering around.

The town seems to be created / time-stampered when 11 reopened the gate in 1983

I'm guessing that between Season 4 and Season 5 the govt will have had to evacuate Hawkins entirely and put up some sort of Chernobyl-like containment around it. I'm not quite sure how they keep Vecna/Mindflayer from conquering the planet during the interval that they need to take in order to age the kids up a bit more. That's assuming that the govt doesn't just try and hunt down Eleven thinking that she's still the cause of the whole mess. Not quite sure what the kids can do, unless they end up being special themselves owing to exposure to the Upside Down. At this point only Erica, Lucas, Mike and Jonathan are the only two kids who haven't been into the Upside Down.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
It seems more like it's a parallel world that's always been there and 1/11's psionic powers can breach the barrier or open a link between the worlds. In the flashback scene where you see 1 arrive there and start exploring the creatures seem placid. There's one of those dog monsters/demogorgon just walking around and looks non threatening, and the dark cloud is just kind of floating there until 11 somehow shapes it into the mind flayer. The reason for the time lock hasn't really been properly explained. Why is it locked to when 11 opened the gate the 2nd time instead of when she opened it to blast 1 there in the first place? Or why wasn't it updated when future gates were opened? Maybe I missed something.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
She blasted him in 1979 and there he found a barren landscape with a few democritters that looked to be just idly wandering around.

The town seems to be created / time-stampered when 11 reopened the gate in 1983

I'm guessing that between Season 4 and Season 5 the govt will have had to evacuate Hawkins entirely and put up some sort of Chernobyl-like containment around it. I'm not quite sure how they keep Vecna/Mindflayer from conquering the planet during the interval that they need to take in order to age the kids up a bit more. That's assuming that the govt doesn't just try and hunt down Eleven thinking that she's still the cause of the whole mess. Not quite sure what the kids can do, unless they end up being special themselves owing to exposure to the Upside Down. At this point only Erica, Lucas, Mike and Jonathan are the only two kids who haven't been into the Upside Down.
I'm sure there was an actual refernce fo 79 that you caught, but clearly i missed. The length of time she was in a coma was foggy, so i assumed she could have waken up and escaped to mike and co shortly after. 5 years -ish seems a bit off. The barren nature of it (upside down) could really go either way. I'm not saying that is how it'll shake out, but a newly created world would have unclear dynamics until a chad shows up.

also alien 3 vibes courtesy of winona?

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm sure there was an actual refernce fo 79 that you caught, but clearly i missed.

In the first episode of Season 4 ("The Hellfire Club") It starts out with a flashback to the day that One got freed by Eleven but starting with Brenner at his house and it pops up the date: Sept 8th 1979.

We know that Eleven has a number of training things that take place during 1982 / 1983 culminating in trying to contact the 'monster' that she saw in her mind which is what results in opening (re-opening) the portal to the Upside Down on November 8th 1983. All hell breaks loose, she escapes in the mayhem and Will Byers gets taken to the Upside Down.

I figure that Will is going to have some sort of payoff in Season 5 just because everything kicked off with him, he survived in the Upside Down for a full week when most everyone else gets capped almost immediately, and there's a definite connection that's been established between him and the Mind Flayer / One.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I actually don't think that there was much, if any, filler. Thought that the last two episodes rocked.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Last 2 episodes are up, there goes my next 4 hours!

edit: Obey your master, MASTER!
Love it!
Wife always says 80's music was the best. I always agree. She finally asked me why.

Answer - Kill 'em all , Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets all came out in the 80's !

That was not the answer she was looking for.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I actually don't think that there was much, if any, filler. Thought that the last two episodes rocked.

I guess I'd call this filler, it seemed to have too many heartfelt moments. Where characters would open up about their fears / regrets / sadness etc, for long drawn out monologues.

Anyway with that said, still thought it was awesome.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The boy with the Peter Pan haircut that can’t act, is he in love with 11’s boyfriend? Had to just add faggot shit to a good tv show.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity