Strife - 2nd gen MOBA

Caliane

That was an interesting read thank you, I haven't watched much lol at all since I stopped playing and wasn't aware people were doing that. I watched a couple of matches recently, I think Azubu vs someone else which from my understanding was a top tier match(2 asian teams etc) and the teamfights were indeed very high level but the laning was boring as all fuck. I wonder though, how do you build up a creepwave in LoL? Last I played if you have 2 creepwaves fighting one it'll automatically push if yours is bigger/has 2 waves, and there's no way to block or delay it or whatever? Or did you mean like they waited until the lane was pushed up to their tower base, then nuked down enemy waves quickly after waiting for say one creep to die, so that by the middle of the lane there was 2 or 3 creepwaves stacked together?
there are a few champ specific ways. Alistar heals, Anivia wall are obvious ways to mess with creep waves.

Another way to build a larger wall is to run past your creep wave. draw aggro from the opposing wave, run to the side. The creeps will follow you, delaying their fighting. You can then tap them as well to draw more aggro from them. but don't kill them. your creep wave will catch up, and start engaging. killing the other side slowly, and without taking damage, as the opposing creeps attack you. by delaying and slowing the creep mutual kill, you can build a double wave. How useful this actually is, is of course limited. promote Alistair or sivir maybe?

To get the wave push going you have your tier 1 tower go down. At which point you allow the enemy creeps to get just outside of your tier two turret range where you just last hit. No extra autos and for full effectiveness you try to last hit at the smallest amount of minion health you can. If the enemy creeps kill your creeps before another wave of yours get there then you just face tank them in position without killing them. Just doing that will keep the wave where you stopped it for 2-4 waves depending on how careful you are. When its time to engage and push you will then rapidly kill all of the caster minions from the enemy creeps but you leave their melee minions alone. The melee minions have more health + better defensive stats but they have very little offensive punch. So what happens is that your wave will kill the enemy wave while losing very little of its creeps but this will happen pretty slowly because a champion isn't even last hitting the melee minions in the enemy wave. By the time your wave has cleared this initial hurdle a second wave of your creeps will be right behind it. These two waves will meet the second enemy creep wave and will kill it fairly quickly with little loss. If the enemy tier one turret is still up then your two waves will reach it and will be joined by a third wave (siege minion too) shortly thereafter. The tower falls and the creep ball keeps rolling and only gets bigger until the enemy players go to stop it personally.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So LoL is actually even more intricate than DoTA see? It's so obvious in DoTA, but you need to have a brain to figure out a strategy so delicate in LoL!!!!

So LoL is actually even more intricate than DoTA see? It's so obvious in DoTA, but you need to have a brain to figure out a strategy so delicate in LoL!!!!
Nobody said that. I was simply responding to Pyro's question about that specific type of lane manipulation because he was wondering how someone could hold minions in one position for so long without denying/creep blocking, and then release them at will to effectively create a sixth hero damage wise pushing a lane.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nobody said that. I was simply responding to Pyro's question about that specific type of lane manipulation because he was wondering how someone could hold minions in one position for so long without denying/creep blocking, and then release them at will to effectively create a sixth hero damage wise pushing a lane.
Eh, I wasn't poking at you. I was trolling, but I'm not a very good troll.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
This is going to beta now. Will try to get codes for people who are genuinely interested in testing it. Just leave a message. Will have a response when dreamhack is over.

Anyone have a spare key for this? Played HON for long time when i first was released with FOH. Looking to give this a shot.

Thanks

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL almost made 1billion last year alone. #1 on a list of top 10 earning F2P games. You bet your ass people want a piece of that action and you cant really blame them..

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Still wish Demi God didnt have shit net code and was supported properly....that was one awesome game.
I agree, Demigod was fucking awesome and was trying to do cool new shit with the genre. I loved how you could spend your money to upgrade minions and your base stuff.

Someone needs to expand on those ideas and carve out a niche market for themselves. Noone is going to be beating LoL and DOTA2 at their own game. Just like how no MMO that tries to be wow is going to dethrone it or even come close.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I agree, Demigod was fucking awesome and was trying to do cool new shit with the genre. I loved how you could spend your money to upgrade minions and your base stuff.

Someone needs to expand on those ideas and carve out a niche market for themselves. Noone is going to be beating LoL and DOTA2 at their own game. Just like how no MMO that tries to be wow is going to dethrone it or even come close.
See Heroes of the Storm.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
During our next major content patch/push I'll get about 10ish keys to give away. PM me if you want one. Right now we have so many hardcore people and there is zero matchmaking atm. Will need you guys to test MM and of course the content.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What they need is a system that allows you to rate the people you played with. You where a support who warded all game and didnt stupidly ks others? You get a 10. Youre a jungle who spent the entire 45 minutes in the jungle only to come out and ks? You get a 1.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
A community rating for every player sounds like a good idea, especially if it has rewards (titles, whatever). Much better than the failed approach of punishing bad behavior, which I think LoL has pretty much abandoned.