Stupid Parents

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I hope there's incoming outrage from the resident's whose taxes pay for that rec center that there's $100k art laying around unprotected. Have they really built every last swimming pool and handball court possible?
it was on loan from the artist, probably a way to exhibit his stupid sculpture

also this bitch really trying to blame anyone but herself
“Maybe my son hugged a torso because he’s a loving, sweet nice boy who just graduated from preschool.”

anyone watching the video clearly sees that demon spawn climb up the pedestal to fucks w/ it

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was on loan from the artist, probably a way to exhibit his stupid sculpture

also this bitch really trying to blame anyone but herself

anyone watching the video clearly sees that demon spawn climb up the pedestal to fucks w/ it
that little shit machine isnt gonna be on the hook though, the rec center is likely responsible for providing proper security in a place where kids are running around fucking with shit. i bet they didnt meet that burden. i mean it was on some wobbly fucking pedestal, it wasnt even behind glass.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Thing could have killed a kid.
Well maybe not.

TIL that you can graduate from preschool. I mean do they get to wear one of those funky hats and get a certificate? Fucking fuck.

Also, insurance.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it was on loan from the artist,

So it's really just his word that this thing was worth over 100k?

I'll see how this goes, and then I'll make million dollar sculptures and loan them all over the place.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean I get the main thrust of this. The fact that a parent left their children THAT UNSUPERVISED is absolutely insane. In a way it's better they jacked up an expensive piece of art, versus being kidnapped by some trafficking ring or some bullshit like that.

However, with that said, I think it's insane someone had that expensive of a piece just sitting there in the open like that without some kind of security or barrier around it. I mean shit, that could have easily been some clutz ass motherfucker rounding the corner while looking at his phone and running into it.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You do not put an expensive item in a precarious place in a rec center unless you want to collect insurance or are retarded.

The parents are fuckasses. So what? There is no universe where that setup was acceptable. That could have happened because someone was fat and/or drunk and/or carrying something bulky.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So it's really just his word that this thing was worth over 100k?

I'll see how this goes, and then I'll make million dollar sculptures and loan them all over the place.
its complete BS, you arent going to be a 100k artist and still be alive or lending your 100k art to some local rec center. the term "starving artist" is very true you either have a dayjob and do art on the side or you starve because aint nobody buying your shit and if they are, they arent paying 100k. you gotta be dead for art to appreciate that much.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You do not put an expensive item in a precarious place in a rec center unless you want to collect insurance or are retarded.

The parents are fuckasses. So what? There is no universe where that setup was acceptable. That could have happened because someone was fat and/or drunk and/or carrying something bulky.

Insurance? They'd flat out refuse the claim and send the guy a check over $20 to cover the material cost.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stupid parents
Stupid kids
Stupid rec center
Stupid artist/agent

Nuke it from orbit

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Stupid parents
Stupid kids
Stupid rec center
Stupid artist/agent

Nuke it from orbit

I agree, there is nothing NOT stupid about the entire situation... well the kid was being a kid. Kids do stupid shit, that is why it is so awesome to be a kid and a fucking nightmare to be a parent.

Should have the kid been unsupervised while in a different room? Fuck no.
Should that 130k "art piece" been in an area frequented by children and within their grasp? Fuck no.
Is the Mother a stupid fucking idiot for how she has handled everything? Fuck yeah.
Are kids going to touch things they are not supposed to even if their parents are not useless? Yup.
Is the Mother to blame? Yes, should she have to pay 130k? No, some yes. A reasonable amount but WEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL under 130k.
You don't leave a hotdog on a chair then yell at the dog for eating it when you go the can. Same with kids, if you don't want kids to touch something put it behind glass, lock it up, or put it way up high out of their filthy reach. (Though my kids really did enjoy "reading" all the X-Men [Jim Lee, Chris Claremount] comics they found)

The kids was just being a kid, the tornado of strupidiety around the kid is what I find impressive.