Subnautica

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
And, I'm a couple of hours in. Got radio transmissions to the first two pods. Wondering if I missed something along the way. Maybe I will go back and look.
It’s very non linear. It’s less a matter of “missing” something and more a matter of keeping track of where you’ve been and where you haven’t in terms of exploration. I actually didn’t get the multipurpose room until waaaaay late in the game for this reason.

Resist the urge to look anything up. You’ll probably instantly regret doing it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
i love the IDEA of the prawn suit... but in practice i feel like it ruined the best part of the game. that sense of terror that this game does SO WELL just goes away as soon as you get the prawn suit. arguably, it DOES feel good to finally get a real edge in the game, and i get that... if there was one gaming experience that i could replay without any previous knowledge, it would be subnautica
I dunno, I still felt plenty vulnerable and had to sneak around a leviathan like a scared little bitch even in the late game vehicle. You may have tools to survive the encounter, but you don’t have tools to fight, not realistically anyway.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the prawn can punch EXTREMELY hard. i remember when i was down in the lava with the emperor... despite him chucking fireballs all over, the prawn turned him into a chump.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
the prawn can punch EXTREMELY hard. i remember when i was down in the lava with the emperor... despite him chucking fireballs all over, the prawn turned him into a chump.
Ah, I see what you mean now. Glad I didn’t know that.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
It’s very non linear. It’s less a matter of “missing” something and more a matter of keeping track of where you’ve been and where you haven’t in terms of exploration. I actually didn’t get the multipurpose room until waaaaay late in the game for this reason.

Resist the urge to look anything up. You’ll probably instantly regret doing it.

Yeah that's how I'm going to roll on this.

I went to the landing site last night. I knew obviously that something was going to happen since it was too early for a rescue but I had no clue there would be an island, much less alien tech. Good thing I had brought plenty of food and water- bought me time to check everything out.

The other thing I have been wondering about missing is possibly a seaglide piece. I got the first 1 of 2 scanned at the first site but I haven't seen a second one yet, despite having re-checked both of the other two pods that I know of.

j00t

I went to the landing site last night. I knew obviously that something was going to happen since it was too early for a rescue but I had no clue there would be an island, much less alien tech. Good thing I had brought plenty of food and water- bought me time to check everything out.

The other thing I have been wondering about missing is possibly a seaglide piece. I got the first 1 of 2 scanned at the first site but I haven't seen a second one yet, despite having re-checked both of the other two pods that I know of.

as far as scannable tech, there is generally multiple pieces scattered about. like, if there's a blueprint you're looking for that has 3 pieces, there might be like 10 of those pieces strewn about

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

As j00t j00t said, the world contains many more scannable pieces than necessary to complete a schematic. Keep exploring and following bread crumbs and you’ll find them.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought this game over the weekend to play on my Index now that I beat HL:Alyx. 12 hours in so far. May or may not have soiled underpants first time I encountered a Reaper. I am not disappointed in this purchase.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best part about the reaper is when you don't realize one is behind you in the seamoth, and you're cruising along at normal speed and you see the 4 tines creep up around the edges of your vision before it grabs you.

Like it's such a "what the fuck is tha... FUCK FUCK FUCK" kinda moment.

• 1Like

j00t

or, again, when you're cruising around in what you feel is a relatively safe area and then hear that deafening roar from about 5 meters to your left

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I've been watching the family play this game for a while on the Ps4, and so I picked it up for PC. I can play it on PC or through Steam link in the bedroom at night if I want too. I'm not a huge fan of survival games, but after seeing this one in action it looks pretty good.

Are there any mods, or gotcha's I need to be aware of? I feel like I'll just rely on family to tell me shit not to do or to do.

Edit: Holy fuck... I'm a fish when it comes to water in real life. Grew up in Arizona, swam constantly, lakes, oceans, etc etc no problems at all. But I've got legit anxiety to jump off my life pod into the water and go deep. This is insane!!! hahaha

Last edited:
  • 2Like

j00t

So I've been watching the family play this game for a while on the Ps4, and so I picked it up for PC. I can play it on PC or through Steam link in the bedroom at night if I want too. I'm not a huge fan of survival games, but after seeing this one in action it looks pretty good.

Are there any mods, or gotcha's I need to be aware of? I feel like I'll just rely on family to tell me shit not to do or to do.

Edit: Holy fuck... I'm a fish when it comes to water in real life. Grew up in Arizona, swam constantly, lakes, oceans, etc etc no problems at all. But I've got legit anxiety to jump off my life pod into the water and go deep. This is insane!!! hahaha

i've said it before in this thread, this is one of those games i always wish i could go back and experience for the first time again. the thrill of diving into a new area with new creatures, new sounds... then that rush of endorphins when you get back to safety...

the developers wanted a non-violent game because they started it right after some school shooting. they originally were going to add weapons but took them out because they didn't want to feed into the murder hobo culture. i think their reasoning is really stupid, but the result is absolutely brilliant. this is what it's like to be put in a situation where man is no longer the apex predator. in fact, man is quite low on the food chain.

as far as mods or whatever, no. there ARE mods that add maps and all that, but honestly the more you know about this game, the less exciting it is.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

but.. you can't actually dive deep from your lifepod..

What's the deepest you've been so far? (this is a good indicator for game progress)

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Downloaded this yesterday since it's free on the ps5 and I've been wanting to try it out for awhile now. Swim around, start exploring the new area and I start to die of hunger, crap need to find food and managed to figure that out before I die. Then I start dying from thirst, I didn't figure it out fast enough and perish. Figure out the water thing and back to exploring. ADD kicks in and I don't realize how deep I am and drown before I can make it to the surface. Solid start lmao. Then I almost die to radiation from the crashed ship lol. The ship blows up and I get the radiation suit put that on and start to explore the ship and go to the back side of it. A crazy looking eel (leviathan I think) makes a quick snack of me. Did play much after that. 5/5 will die again!

Curious, I'm trying to stay away from looking anything up but did I miss anything by not getting to the crashed ship before it blows? Was there a radiation suit I could of found and boarded the ship?

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
No spoilers; keep playing and listening to radio signals and going to whatever it points you to.

• 2Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded this yesterday since it's free on the ps5 and I've been wanting to try it out for awhile now. Swim around, start exploring the new area and I start to die of hunger, crap need to find food and managed to figure that out before I die. Then I start dying from thirst, I didn't figure it out fast enough and perish. Figure out the water thing and back to exploring. ADD kicks in and I don't realize how deep I am and drown before I can make it to the surface. Solid start lmao. Then I almost die to radiation from the crashed ship lol. The ship blows up and I get the radiation suit put that on and start to explore the ship and go to the back side of it. A crazy looking eel (leviathan I think) makes a quick snack of me. Did play much after that. 5/5 will die again!

Curious, I'm trying to stay away from looking anything up but did I miss anything by not getting to the crashed ship before it blows? Was there a radiation suit I could of found and boarded the ship?
This game is definitely enjoyed best when playing completely blind. There’s not much hand holding but there are enough bread crumbs to keep you from seeking wikis if you care to avoid them (which I will again emphasize that this game is amazing when it’s enjoyed with no spoilers!)

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I played blind when I did a few months ago, didn't end up missing much on my own other than a very obvious thing that I ended up checking because I was thinking I must have missed something(some fucking ressource I didn't notice the first time that basically cockblocked my progression for a while).

For your question, no you didn't miss anything. Iirc from checking the wiki after advancing in the game back then, you can go there earlier but you can't finish the stuff there before it explodes anyway so you'd just have to go back after. There's no missable iirc, you can always go back and grab whatever you didn't see earlier if you end up looking it up or whatever and the storyline is purely linear.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah awesome game. I made it pretty far on Xbox one x but now that’s it’s free for Ps5 I’m starting over.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
About how long is this assuming you don't sperg out and build a ton of shit?

I played around 2 hours last night and like the atmosphere but I tend to dislike survival games as collecting rocks for 10 hours is not my cuppa tea.

I ended up making 3 of the biggest oxygen tanks, a seaglide and like 6 batteries to start exploring before I went to sleep.