Suicide Squad (2016)

Caliane

Can't help notice, this trailer in no way played up the. "they are expendable" aspect.

Caliane

/Co is debating who the "villain" Villian is.

you catch a glimpse of someone. A man, with weird green armor, with red undertones. nothing clear. In a subway.
the guy could be Tattoo man's tattooes. some thought it was enchantress. black smoke pillar thing. or Bronze tiger.

But...
"lets go save the world" All the footage before that, shows weird black goo. like Aliens/symbiote.. some blue/black energy weapon craters.
Enemy "goons" are dressed in full black. scaly, kindof like croc.

Alien Invasion. Very possibly the Reach. (aliens responsible for Blue Beetle.)
So green guy, Might be Green Beetle.

oh, and was probably wrong on ?? on the poster.
that is probably Slipknot, who is clearly the first to die, showing off the bombs in their heads. Since he is in no other shot in the trailer, etc.

Green guy might be tattooed man. Who is not part of the Squad. so either a backstory character, or part of the opposition.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not understanding the hate for Quinns comment about being the bad guys, thats the way she acts. I did notice that Will Smith is not going to be wearing the mask as Deadshot and just wear a red thing over the wrong eye. Wonder what the reason was for putting it on his left eye if Smith is right handed, its probably some stupid shit like Smith thinks the right side of he face is better looking

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought harley Quinn was much more "nutier" than this.
Yeah, I hate to say it, but she didn't seem all that crazy for a hot chick. In that trailer at least. Wasn't she crazier in the first one?

WTF is all that horrible CGI around Enchatress??
Amen. Big production company like that oughta be able to hire a real sorcerer to get some real magic going on instead of that horrible CGI shit.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The movie might end up sucking, but that trailer is fantastic and it's really got me pumped to see this now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like that they played up the fun aspect rather than the "OMG MORE GRIMDARKERER!" style the other DC films are taking. Still doesn't look great and their Harley seems pretty disappointing, but I'm at least interested in seeing it now.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure what you see in that trailer that's impressed you so. I just saw a hodgepodge of action set to Queen. Harley wasn't terrible, but she wasn't exactly Harley from TAS. That's not good or bad, but there was nothing else there to form an opinion on.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Remember the 4 pages early on that were devoted to how Harley didn't have the proper accent? And now she does. But nerds still aren't happy.

Dudes, you're never going to fuck Harley Quinn in real life. It's a sad fact we all must face one day, but she's just not real. Now if you really want Margot Robbie running around boinking people with a giant fucking mallet, I think you might have to wait for some fan-made shit.

Caliane

you think that was a proper accent? I don't even care about it. but that certainly wasn't her normally presented accent.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I finally watched it. I still don't like the whore outfit, but I don't mind her take on Harley. I'd be pretty disappointed if Harley never evolved beyond people copying Arleen Sorkin. The worst looking thing about this movie by far is still platinum grilled tattooed Joker.

*edit*

And really, I could accept this interpretation of the Joker without much problem if it weren't for the grill. That one detail just ruins the whole character for me.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Not understanding the hate for Quinns comment about being the bad guys, thats the way she acts. I did notice that Will Smith is not going to be wearing the mask as Deadshot and just wear a red thing over the wrong eye. Wonder what the reason was for putting it on his left eye if Smith is right handed, its probably some stupid shit like Smith thinks the right side of he face is better looking
That's not REALLY the way she acts though. Most of the iterations of Quinn are on a range of crazy, with a speckle of brilliance, obsession over Joker, and moments of almost heroic antics. They're usually accidental. Depending on the version, she might be darker, crazier, and prone to moments of full on murder.

This feels like Quinn doing this shit because she knows she's a bad guy and that is what she is expected to do. I don't know if I ever really thought that Quinn saw herself as a bad guy; there are a few moments where she is very candid and states she knows Joker is terrible and does nothing but hurt her but she'll do it anyway.

It's a trailer, so maybe it was just a one-fer and it gets better in the movie but I am not super impressed.

Edit: @ Gavin: I wouldn't mind if it was a "different" take on harley, but it just kind of feels like she was reduced to eye candy thugery.

Caliane

I like to think of Harley as a young Black transwoman from Mississippi with a Southern accent.

Fadaar

That guy
I like to picture Harley as the girl from Wolf of Wall Street that stands completely naked in the doorway and looks amazing doing it

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I thought this was like mind control them to do good stuff bullshit, are their personalities supposed to survive?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
looks more like a get released from prison if you do this thing for us, but we probably won't follow through on our promises because we can type of bullshit

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought this was like mind control them to do good stuff bullshit, are their personalities supposed to survive?
Many versions of the suicide squad have Waller putting an explosive inside their head to enforce obedience, but I don't know of any that were outright mind control.

Caliane

yeah, its just "the dirty dozen" formula.
Its then complicated more, by Waller/Cadmus themselves not being super trustful. And, the criminals as well, also not sticking to the plan.