Suicide Squad (2016)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Dudes, you're never going to fuck Harley Quinn in real life. It's a sad fact we all must face one day, but she's just not real.
You should go to some comic book conventions. Plenty of harley's running around and most of them have low enough self esteem that they're quite fuckable.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Many versions of the suicide squad have Waller putting an explosive inside their head to enforce obedience, but I don't know of any that were outright mind control.
Right, microchip bombs implanted as a failsafe, as well as constant monitoring. One step out of line, and you don't have a head any more.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like a lot of fun, that's for sure.
The tone feels wrong. It doesn't feel "suicidal" to me. They went more GotG then grimdark. It's like DC is just going to copy Marvel step-by-step, instead of doing anything original.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Err its gonna be darker by virtue of the focus on the abusive relationship between a delusional criminal and a homicidal psychopath. Not to mention the team's version of Groot eats people...

That's not to say it will be grimdark but no way this will get mistaken for GoTG.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Describing the look as GotG is accurate, but not because its lighthearted. Like you said, the subject matter is darker just by definition... But... It feels very similar to GotG in that it's coming across as... I don't know... Fanciful. I mean even Joker's coat is shiny. It just feels odd.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I gotta say, while I still have no faith at all in this movie being any good, that trailer was done VERY well. I liked it a lot.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
My biggest fear about this movie is Will Smith being in it. Will Smith doesn't do anything but "Will Smith" movies these days, and they suck.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
He's the kind of actor that wants defacto Mary Sue status in all his film roles. How many secondary character roles or villain roles has he played? Because Deadshot in a suicide squad film should be both.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Concussion was a "will smith" movie? What does that even mean?
Great movie. However Will Smith just hasnt ever had need to play a secondary character, whos fault is that? Alot of actors end up being main characters only - I mean Tom Cruise is pretty much the same, even when others are there its still...Tom Cruise. I dont picture Will being any different than say Robert Downey in the end when it comes to roles. Hes a much better actor than rapper atleast!
biggrin.png

Homsar

Great movie. However Will Smith just hasnt ever had need to play a secondary character, whos fault is that? Alot of actors end up being main characters only - I mean Tom Cruise is pretty much the same, even when others are there its still...Tom Cruise. I dont picture Will being any different than say Robert Downey in the end when it comes to roles. Hes a much better actor than rapper atleast!
biggrin.png
Tom Cruise can play different characters, Smith doesnt or cant. Cruise has interview with the vampire, vanilla sky, born on the forth of july, and a shit ton of other great performances not being Tom Cruise

Homsar

Deadshot was kind of main character in suicide squad.
My problem is Deadshot isnt someone that has his mask off and from the looks of it he only has it on for one scene? Im not a nerd with the character but everything i've seen in the trailer isnt accurate from what I know. Then again this is going off newer Deadshot stories i've heard?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's not a big surprise that you see a hell of a lot more "Bruce Wayne" in the movies than the comics. The actors don't want to wear a mask the whole time and I don't think audiences really care to see that either.