Suicide Squad (2016)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The trailers had me pretty psyched for a bit there, i don't see many movies in the theater since we had the kids and was thinking this would be the exception, i'll wait for you guy's reviews but sounds like I'll be waiting for this to show up online.

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
I had low expectations when I saw the first footage way back when. The more recent trailers got me excited again but now it looks like that first gut reaction is going to be right. I also have a couple kids now and won't be seeing this one in the theater.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If the movie is really shit, I hope it bombs at the box-office, because it manages to make them money despite the bad reviews they won't change the way they do things.

BvS did not do as well as expected, and WB changed their plans after the results...but it still made close to 900M. Imagine if it had totally bombed...maybe Snyder and co would have been gone, rather then keep them and tell them to change a bit.

This doesn't benefit from Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman...3 of the most recognizable comic books IP in the world. Bad reviews for this might kill it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
From the moment I saw Will Smith was attached to this I knew I would never watch this in a theatre. Damn shame

Caliane

yeah.
I mean, to recap my thoughts on it, possibly lost to forum move.

I was super psyched at announcement. Villain movie. D-list alternative comic book.
Every bit of info announced killed my hopes more and more though. Particularly, I was infuriated with big name actors being hired, and high profile A list characters.
A Suicide Squad where in, Joker, Harley, Boomarang, Croc, katana, and Will Smith can't die. It defeats the purpose. Its idiotic that we all know Slipknot is going to die, the second the character is announced. Robocop is not a particularly good actor, either.
Eldiablo and Enchantress are the wildcards admittedly. El D is a z lister, who could die. If marketing, comanpion comic, etc didn't show him to be the "deadshot" of this movie. Aka, reformed gang member who is in the SS to actually be a hero. hes the hero, in the way Deadshot was in Assault on Arkham. Enchantress is a hero. usually outright a good guy. Much like Raven, wherein possessed by evil, so does go bad at times, until she was cleansed entirely. Katana is outright a superhero plant, so yeah.

Marketing team sure did a great job. But, still didn't really sell the movie. just sold the marketing..

I want a SS movie to actually be the Dirty Dozen its based off, and 7/10 of them dieing. or even Inglorious Basterds, in the same way.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I bought a ticket for tomorrow night to give DC another chance. And because I'm off Friday so why not go see a movie the night before when I'm going to be bored? I'm not expecting much of anything so maybe that will help me enjoy it a little more.

Carrying over from the other forum, I stand by my assertion that there is no way Leto can be as bad a Joker as Eisenberg was a Luthor. I'll know tomorrow whether or not I was right!

spronk

FPS noob
'Suicide Squad's' Secret Drama: Rushed Production, Competing Cuts, High Anxiety

Remember when SS went into big reshoots a few months ago, and people were a bit concerned? Turned out to be weirder than anyone thought. The writer/director made one version of the movie, the studio and the guys who made the trailer (!) made another version, and they focus tested both and then made a third version of the movie based on the feedback, which is why it needed extensive reshooting.

Its insane the script for SS was done in only six weeks, when will these guys learn that the script is the foundation of a good movie and rushing that part will make it impossible to ever have a good movie

Just like B v S it sounds like there is a TON of extra footage too, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a bluray directors cut that is quite different from theatrical.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
WB knows what they are doing. After all that's the studio that made Superman 3, Superman 4, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Green Lantern and BvS. We should trust their vision of the future of the DCU, it's in safe hands.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
They had decent template with the dvd cartoon they released not long ago. It was not their best but it was enjoyable and there was some cool stuff in that.

Caliane

"The movie's got to do $750 million, $800 million to break even. If they get anywhere close to that, they'll consider it a win."

This can't be real. This has to be just some rando making shit up. Right?

Thats, "Tomb Raider had to sell 6million copies" insanity.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
If I was on the board of directors at WB I'd be demanding some resignations about now, if not years ago. They're getting completely trashed by Marvel despite having access to some great IP's like this one.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
'Suicide Squad's' Secret Drama: Rushed Production, Competing Cuts, High Anxiety

Remember when SS went into big reshoots a few months ago, and people were a bit concerned? Turned out to be weirder than anyone thought. The writer/director made one version of the movie, the studio and the guys who made the trailer (!) made another version, and they focus tested both and then made a third version of the movie based on the feedback, which is why it needed extensive reshooting.

Its insane the script for SS was done in only six weeks, when will these guys learn that the script is the foundation of a good movie and rushing that part will make it impossible to ever have a good movie

Just like B v S it sounds like there is a TON of extra footage too, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a bluray directors cut that is quite different from theatrical.

And now I'm worried about the Rogue One reshoots drama again...

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not really kept up on this movie, but impossible not to see the current marketing blitz.

I read the Rolling Stones review, and the thing that struck me the most is that it is PG-13? That couldn't be right I thought, but IMDB lists it as age limit of 12 in Norway.

You make Suicide Squad, a movie about villains. Market it with constantly talking about Jared Leto being crazy at the set as Joker, scaring the crew. Then it barely features the Joker and tone it down to where children can watch it? The vast majority of the market for these characters are 18+ aren't they?

Did they learn nothing from Deadpool? R rated comedy super hero movies work. And while not all movies need scenes that turn them R rated, I certainly thought this movie would be one "super hero" movie that warranted it.

I don't understand Hollywood at all.