Summer 2015 Anime Thread

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
First season of lh was ok, 2nd was pretty weak imho, so much that i stopped in the middle of it. They tried to do too much, introducing too many chars, focusing on minor ppl, jumping all over the place. Also animation and art quality took a huge dive in the 2nd season. All in all, for me, even tho i dont go crazy for soa 2nd and 3rd arc (elf and gungale whatever), it is vastly superior to lh in every aspect. Always my personal opinion ofc.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Log Horizon is good when it sticks to the game and world concepts but starts to shit itself over Shiro's harem nonsense and the side stories with the retard squad underlings.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Log Horizon was OK in the first season but started to go downhill quickly after that. Sword Art Online (the first season) is by far the best of the "trapped in an online game" next to the original .hack//SIGN as it is truly gruesome. Lol.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haha, I dug it. He's such an OP badass. It's like being a Vex Thall geared person playing around in Befallen. I was able to melee anything to death with my Wizard back then.

I don't like that he showed off his Lich form though. I wanted her to not know why she failed so hard, but it was a great win anyway.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Someone needs to tell him that you don't get xp for grays. Maybe some for the quest completion?

But yeah, that was like watching Goldshire guards in WoW trying to attack a level 60.

Finally caught up on the shows I was interested in this season. To fill in the void on off nights is katanagatari worth the watch? I know it's from the writer of the bakemonagatari series but that's about it.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally caught up on the shows I was interested in this season. To fill in the void on off nights is katanagatari worth the watch? I know it's from the writer of the bakemonagatari series but that's about it.
It's better than bakemonogatari imo, and it's one of my favorite shows all time.

It's better than bakemonogatari imo, and it's one of my favorite shows all time.
Watched the first episode. It has the wordiness and wordplay that I enjoyed from the bake series. Didn't really like the first antagonist design at all though so I think another episode or two should give me a better idea of it is worth it or not.

Edit: yah spawn, it's some good stuff. The last episode was brutal.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
overlord so OP...

S0 we know that battle maids-some of the weaker "guardians" can use AT LEAST level 7 magic....

and the episode ends with the vampire guardian having revolted. this anime imo needs another season.. we have not even seen what he can do if he has to TRY...
i mean vs clementine, he just stood there...and squeezed.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Overlord manga/light novel info
manga is now behind the anime, its right at the gates so eps 7/8 is the manga. Light novel just released volume 9 a few months ago, currently we are up to the end of volume 2, judging by the pacing the series end at eps13 will be the end of volume 3, so by my guestimation 3 light volumes per season (13eps)

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
I think my favorite part of Overlord is how they are almost completely ignoring the whole "stuck-in-video-game" thing. Like I know in the beginning, he said that his RL sucked and chose the game, but after that its been all but completely dropped. Doesn't sit there trying to figure our what or why, or how to get out, or even what's happening to his body IRL. Its basically just, "I'm a badass lich lord now...LET'S DO THIS!"

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like how he admitted that the other guys were his friends.
What version of the show were you watching? I thought it was heavily implied by his statements that they were tools to get his name out there, not any sort of friend. Granted, I watched on gogoanime, so my translation might have been fubar.