Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Naw i think Subaru is done dying, Wilhelm will probably go ham while inside the white whale, probably escaping through that eyehole he created. Why theres 3 of em? who knows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah from the wiki chapter spoilers it looks like he won't be killing or getting himself killed for the time being. It was an interesting conceit but not very realistic to keep doing to a character.

Last edited:

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Reading through some of the spoilers on pastebin of the next few arcs, it is obvious that the anime is taking liberties to avoid many, MANY loops probably to avoid an anime with 200+ episodes. It's such a shame, too, because you can see how Subaru grows with each loop (or in the previous episodes, doesn't grow).

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Damn, are they flip-flopping between stories in Tales of Zestiria? I'd prefer they stayed with Velvet Crowe than the other crew.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Damn, are they flip-flopping between stories in Tales of Zestiria? I'd prefer they stayed with Velvet Crowe than the other crew.

Yeah this show is super weird. I get the new game is coming out soon but why not either just make the anime about Berseria or tack this side stuff on as an OVA or something. Just really jarring going between two different plotlines that will have no interaction with each other.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman

Yeah, I'd rather have this crew than the kid crew for Zestiria.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My wife and I just watched the new episode of Orange. It was really good. Probably one of the better of the series.

My wife made the comment of "I want to read the manga, but maybe I shouldn't so I don't spoil it."
Then she also said "I already know how it ends, but you know."

I asked her to clarify on knowing how it ends and she said "It's a girls manga. The guy NEVER dies in a girls manga. It's never happened."

So, I guess he'll survive at the end?

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I caught up on Hitori no Shita. Its been decent but I think now he has to join some tournament or competition? Man, get back to the seedy underground war stuff. Don't go DBZ tournament ya goofs.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My wife and I just watched the new episode of Orange. It was really good. Probably one of the better of the series.

My wife made the comment of "I want to read the manga, but maybe I shouldn't so I don't spoil it."
Then she also said "I already know how it ends, but you know."

I asked her to clarify on knowing how it ends and she said "It's a girls manga. The guy NEVER dies in a girls manga. It's never happened."

So, I guess he'll survive at the end?
does she read the manga in Jap or Eng?

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Japanese. She was born and raised in Niigata City. Her entire family is still over there. Her mom wanted her to go to America for college, so she now she's here forever. A nursing license doesn't transfer between countries. You actually have to go to school all over again (in Japan) if she wanted to work over there.

• 1Solidarity

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wtf is going on with Tales? Are there two independent games coming out that aren't related at all? The story just went crazy.

• 1Solidarity

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I just started watching Saiki Kusuo and it's hit all the right buttons so far for a comedy anime. Only watched the first ep but it nails it. Worth a look. The whole father mother scene was a good start and his "rival" plus the GF shit at the end was great.

Don't let the strange antenna promo art throw you off; it's worth a watch.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Japanese. She was born and raised in Niigata City. Her entire family is still over there. Her mom wanted her to go to America for college, so she now she's here forever. A nursing license doesn't transfer between countries. You actually have to go to school all over again (in Japan) if she wanted to work over there.
yea no, now that you's are in HI, you're basically a kamikaze trip away from visiting in-laws anyway. so hows it gonna work, she gets dual citizenship? Do ppl view her as a local and you're the invasive species? heh

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just started watching Saiki Kusuo and it's hit all the right buttons so far for a comedy anime. Only watched the first ep but it nails it. Worth a look. The whole father mother scene was a good start and his "rival" plus the GF shit at the end was great.

Don't let the strange antenna promo art throw you off; it's worth a watch.

Yeah I watch it, the supporting cast is pretty funny. He's the complete straight man and everyone around him is fucking whacked. lol

The one guy who's mind he can't read is awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
yea no, now that you's are in HI, you're basically a kamikaze trip away from visiting in-laws anyway. so hows it gonna work, she gets dual citizenship? Do ppl view her as a local and you're the invasive species? heh
We usually visit japan once a year, just to see the family. Her parents have a comfortable house with 3 bedrooms, so we stay there while in Niigata. Hotels while in other areas.

As far as dual citizenship, she has no interest in becoming an American citizen. And America (or maybe Japan?) doesn't allow it between the two countries. Our daughter is currently dual citizen, but once she turns 18, she needs to decide if she wants to be American or Japanese (with a Green Card). It's strange, but that's the way it works.

As far as invasive, I've heard a lot about "anti white" racism from the locals out here, but I've never experienced any of it. Some of the people in the building said that their friends who visited got that vibe, but I think it all depends on if you're outgoing or not. If you're a recluse, you'll feel more alienated. I, on the other hand, strike up conversations with almost everyone I come across. As long as I'm open, they are as well. It's nice that way. I'm still trying to find work out here, but everyone tells me that the job market isn't what you know, it's who you know. That's why it's good to talk with everyone. You never know when an opportunity will present itself.

• 1Solidarity