Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw that a new Taboo came out the other day. I couldn't bother with downloading it. I really liked the first 2-3 episodes, but it QUICKLY dropped after that. It lost all of its "serious" moments. There's no point anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw that a new Taboo came out the other day. I couldn't bother with downloading it. I really liked the first 2-3 episodes, but it QUICKLY dropped after that. It lost all of its "serious" moments. There's no point anymore.

should get better in couple of episodes, the mc will become more serious, and less kiddy ideals type. Best for me this season are alderamin and grayman. Dling 91 days too but not watching (will binge it once i get it all) and watching tattoo too to kill time.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I guess now I have to watch Gintama after avoiding it for so long. I didn't understand where it was going when I watched the first episode a long time ago.

As for current Anime...
1. Re Zero
2. Mob Psycho
3. Akderamin on the Sky
4. Shokugeki no Soma (finding it a bit repeating but still delivers!)
5. 91 Days
Berserk and Taboo Tattoo tied in for last place

That's funny cause that's where I got stuck too for a long time. I watched ep 1 and was like meh this shit is all over the place, I don't get it.
Then I moved past ep 1 and that anime just doesn't take itself seriously, parodies a LOT of other anime/games, and breaks the 4th wall all the time.
I love it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I guess now I have to watch Gintama after avoiding it for so long. I didn't understand where it was going when I watched the first episode a long time ago.

As for current Anime...
1. Re Zero
2. Mob Psycho
3. Akderamin on the Sky
4. Shokugeki no Soma (finding it a bit repeating but still delivers!)
5. 91 Days
Berserk and Taboo Tattoo tied in for last place

Same exact reason for me with Gintama.

1. Alderamin
2. SNS
3. Mob Psycho
4. 91 Days
5. Twin Star
6. Re Zero
7. Orange
8. The Morose Mono...
9. Taboo Tattoo
10. Qualida Code

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hope they rest of the episodes turn it around for Subaru. I've heard some whiny twat main characters before but this kid takes the cake.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I hope they rest of the episodes turn it around for Subaru. I've heard some whiny twat main characters before but this kid takes the cake.
This portion of the light novel was also a turning point for the jap readers, many left the book b/c they couldn't handle him being so pathetic, but most recent eps has him basically respec and dumping all his pts into intelligence and courage.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, he definitely manned up. Question, is there somewhere you can find translated versions of the light novel online? I know where to go for manga usually, but was having a hard time finding that one.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, he definitely manned up. Question, is there somewhere you can find translated versions of the light novel online? I know where to go for manga usually, but was having a hard time finding that one.
I remember wife telling me it's only volume 1 translated, and that is probably being taken down since they're releasing official english volumes

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I liked this week's Alderman. It wasn't as good as previous weeks, but it's setting the stage for something else cool that's bound to happen. What's in the dungeon, for instance? Think it's a person or an object? I'm thinking object, just because of the conversation the two people had at the end.

As far as Berserk, it wasn't a bad episode. I still watch it every week, just because it's a way to kill time. More of Guts cleaving people in half, but it pays off. He meets up again with Casca. It looks like next week should be decent. Guts vs. a Demon as well as the imperial knights.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shokugeki was decent, but not amazing. And next week seems to be using some of the "B" team. Meat chick among others.

Rewrite has been getting strange, but it suddenly got even fucking weirder. It isn't enjoyable to me anymore. It's a shame, because this series started off pretty awesome.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Meh, Rewrite is still interesting. Either MC is the key or gothic loli is. MC will be the penis that binds the harem together.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok....Berserk had a good episode finally. SNS and Alderamin were pretty bland though.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Shokugeki was decent, but not amazing. And next week seems to be using some of the "B" team. Meat chick among others.

Rewrite has been getting strange, but it suddenly got even fucking weirder. It isn't enjoyable to me anymore. It's a shame, because this series started off pretty awesome.

Well, it adapts a VN by Key, so the weirdness is kinda expected.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Re:Zero....ok, that doesn't look like it will end well. Pretty epic though.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was a pretty good episode though. Granted, Subaru had moments of Subaru, wigging out, but he kept it together fairly well. It appears that they are against overwhelming odds, though.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pretty much means he will have to take some piece of knowledge back that will let Wilhelm and Crusch rape its face from the start next time.

• 1Like