Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm enjoying Rewind right now. It's a harem style, similar to DanMachi, but the story is really strange. There's a girl that sneaks into his room at night just to suck on his arm. Paper doll defenses. Giant spider monsters and fairy things. It's unique, but fun.

EDIT: The first episode is 45 minutes. The next two are 24 each.

I also watched the first two of Taboo Tattoo last night. It's interesting. High school kid gets a military tattoo on his hand that has super powers attached to it. He has a few fights in the first 2 episodes. It looks like that's going to be the flow of this show.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm enjoying Rewind right now. It's a harem style, similar to DanMachi, but the story is really strange. There's a girl that sneaks into his room at night just to suck on his arm. Paper doll defenses. Giant spider monsters and fairy things. It's unique, but fun.

EDIT: The first episode is 45 minutes. The next two are 24 each.
Yeah, its an enjoyable show. Glad to see he was getting along with the other guy in the 3rd episode.

;_; Tomoko

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Kind of getting sick of Re:Zero. Christ sake we have gotten nothing moved along in how many episodes now?

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Eh I give him credit for at least trying this episode instead of just shutting down. Even if he loses major points for the piss poor job he tried to do.

Perrito_sl

shitlord
91 Days, Amaama to Inazuma continue very strong.

Planetarian is meh. The idea is interesting... but it just doesn't deliver.

Berserk continues without improvements. They constantly did those zoom pans through the whole episode and I didn't enjoy those. But still consider this worth a watch.

ReZero continues to make you hate the main character. Wow this show has a lot of ups and downs. Hey, if I have to sit through these episodes that are painful to watch only to make later episodes better.... I really don't mind. I'm really glad he isn't taking full advantage of the reset and I hope that if he ever does start to take advantage that it goes horribly wrong... as in... something bad happens because he wasn't trying, then he doesn't get a reset when he is expecting it :p

Shokugeki no Soma S2 continues to deliver more of the same. Which is starting to get boring. S1 was better because the story was moving forward. The last 3 episodes have just been character development without any story, which would be fine if it wasn't so repetitive. I just don't care anymore about the 1v1 food competitions that seem to be more about the shock about the ingredients used instead of the awesome reactions.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Isnt it just a re-spin on the Unicorn movies? i stopped watching bc it was all the same stuff stretched out.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Re zero. The main guy is getting slowly mind fucked by the resets, watching his loved ones die every time is fucking him up. He also is completely unprepared to deal with the politics and negotiation of the realm. He has nothing to offer, and he can't tell how he knows, so it is normal people distrust him.

Also I don't think he can count on the loop, I mean I wouldn't. I doubt he can go, "ok let me go all out to explore this venue of action, and if it doesn't work, just kill myself."

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Re zero. The main guy is getting slowly mind fucked by the resets, watching his loved ones die every time is fucking him up. He also is completely unprepared to deal with the politics and negotiation of the realm. He has nothing to offer, and he can't tell how he knows, so it is normal people distrust him.

Also I don't think he can count on the loop, I mean I wouldn't. I doubt he can go, "ok let me go all out to explore this venue of action, and if it doesn't work, just kill myself."
True, it was mentioned that after his last reset, the curse/taint was stronger, so I could see it turning him into something vile if he were to die/reset too often.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Now we just need to figure out how he even got cursed in the first place. I mean, he was at a 7-Eleven and suddenly he's in fantasy land getting killed left and right.

Malkav

French Madman
Really loving Alderamin so far. I like that the MC is just a genius strategist/tactician. It changes from the usual MC with overpowered powers we have too often.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
While it isn't an anime and the plot is pretty typical im enjoying Thunderbolt Fantasy and the copious amounts of abuse and blood they put those puppets through.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I agree about Alderamin. He's a real cocky lazy guy, but it's great watching his brain dominate everyone else. It reminds me a lot of "No Game No Life" in that regard.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I also want a season 2 of Overlord, DanMachi and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Dare to dream.

Sword Art Online season 3, anyone? And hell, Log Horizon season 3 for that matter.