Summer 2016 Anime Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I was an "old school" anime nerd. Got out of it for a while, but got back into it 2-3 years ago. Was watching Juuni Kokki as it came out every week.
You should love Dragonball Super, it's fun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what y'all have against Berserk. Sure, the animation hovers between annoying and shitty but hot damn is there some badass shit going on.

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'm curious if Soma is going to fail the competition because Dojima announced the judging before he could complete his dish.

Pretty sure he's going to fail, he's just not on the same level as the other two.

He's also been cruising along kicking ass for a while now, we all know that usually ends abruptly in anime ...

• 1Solidarity

Urgoslav

Treasured Member
Not sure what y'all have against Berserk. Sure, the animation hovers between annoying and shitty but hot damn is there some badass shit going on.

Right now, the only thing that's still bad is the pacing. Lot of people asking why Mozgus' minion had an arm in his mouth because it went by so fast.

Opening is solid though, speaking of which I never skip that Mob Psycho 100 OP.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Took a few days but i managed to read all of the Kingdom manga up to current and its some good shit - now i need the anime to come back

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sweetness & lightning still rocking that slice of life. Totally shipping the teacher and Kotori.

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I still watch Berserk, but honestly the art is really fucking bad. It's really a shame tho, cause there's so much potential if the shit was done without this 3D garbage. The 1997 art is still vastly superior to this monstrosity.

But fuck i'll see it through because fuck, that's why.

Berserk-CutOffArm.gif

I remember being a young lad and watching this fucking ending and going OH PLEASE GOD LET IT BE MORE SOMEDAY.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well damn, what is going to happen now in Re:Zero?

Soma was good, sorta unexpected, but well done.

Mob Psycho was excellent, that show is getting better and better.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
For those wondering what chapter Berserk...

Berserk 20 - Read Berserk 20 Online - Page 42

I'm finally reading and Jesus, they skipped a ton of shit from the manga. lol.

Yeah two whole arcs, Black Swordsman I + II which bookend what they cover in the movies. You know, the best bit of the manga (other than The Eclipse in Golden Age being the single most horrific thing I've seen in media)... what the fuck are they thinking?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Subaru!? What the... I wonder how far back this reset will go. Hopefully after they kill the Whale, at least.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The new "reset" is after the Whale.

What happened to Rem? I don't remember her dying from the whale.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those wondering what chapter Berserk...

Berserk 20 - Read Berserk 20 Online - Page 42

I'm finally reading and Jesus, they skipped a ton of shit from the manga. lol.

Yeah its pretty much all out of order. The manga is such an epic story that it would take a few seasons to catch up to the point they are now. They fucked up guts eyes before he even had it poked out by one of the angels lol. I was like wtf when i saw the first few episodes with his right eye shut. The anime's will never ever reach the grandiosity of the manga. His art gets even better and more intricate later on too.

Edit: BTW mangasaurus has the best Berserk scans imo Berserk Manga - Mangasaurus, Read Manga Online!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I think you missed the part of the movies, mixtilplix. In the third movie, they show Guts having his eye poked by the monster.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The new "reset" is after the Whale.

What happened to Rem? I don't remember her dying from the whale.
Rem went back w/ the majority of the forces cuz she was busted up and wasn't fit to fight, cuz the trans cat man/girl said so (cuz it is the best healer in the world).

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Poor Subaru, if new spawn point is after the whale that's good at least.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So beetle juice is a body snatcher. Can he go anywhere, or only to other cult members? Subaru is pride, I am guessing.

• 1Like