Summer 2017 Anime Thread

Fadaar

That guy
JFC Made in Abyss, I was not mentally prepared for that. Not in the fucking slightest.

Please make a season 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I liked the latest episode of Ballroom as well. The new chick is a definite dom for little dancer boy. He's such a whipped bitch. Anyway, I look forward to this continuing into next season.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure I'd want to watch a second season of Made in Abyss, but I would. I'd be a bit better prepared for what would most likely happen to a certain someone. Amazing show.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn that last episode of Made in Abyss really fucking hit it home. Gah very few shows can wrench that kind of guttural feeling.

Not sure there is enough material for another season and the manga is on hiatus till next year so I doubt we will see anything soon. I bet we will get a new re:zero season first before Made in Abyss.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not sure I'd want to watch a second season of Made in Abyss, but I would. I'd be a bit better prepared for what would most likely happen to a certain someone. Amazing show.

I will probably skip a second season. Just not my cup of tea. I don't want to be clinically depressed after watching an anime.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
SAO Alicization announced -

6e047db06f2f7b49a0e98c2dbe7c64101506828478_full.jpg

Also Index 3 confirmed -

00000005-1.jpg

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Recently I got into reading light novels on my Kindle. So far, I've read the first 5 of Grimgar (the 1st and 2nd books are so much better than the same exact story from the Anime), and also just got into Sword Art Online. I completed the 1st one last night, which ended at the completion of the world after Kirito kills the boss guy, thus saving the other 6135 players still alive after 2 years being stuck in the game.

These are pretty damn entertaining. And it's a great way to kill time while my daughter is out at the park or whatever.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just completed the 2nd light novel of SAO. Another good book, that filled in what was on the Anime, but not in the books. It contained 4 mini-stories. The first was Kirito meeting the armorsmith girl that Asuna was friends with. He breaks her best sword, then going on the adventure with her to find the Crystalline ore that's actually shit from a dragon. And the two spend the night in giant hole that's at the top of a mountain in order to get the ore. She falls for Kirito, but then is sad because Asuna likes him.

The 2nd story is about the younger girl that has the pet dragon. The dragon dies, so Kirito goes on a trip to help her revive the pet by using a special flower that's was found in a dungeon on whatever floor. They get the flower, but then are jumped by a "PK Guild" who want to steal it. Kirito sends all of them to jail, and we learn that the dragon girl was nothing more than bait to complete the task of getting that PK guild to go to jail.

3rd Story was where Asuna and Kirito meet their "daughter", Yui. She's the AI program that was a ghost on their floor, but then they help out another guild by saving the guild leader who was lured into a trap by the guild's #2. Yui is found by the host program and destroyed, but Kirito somehow saves her file information into a heart item that he gives to Asuna.

The 4th and final story, was about Christmas. The game had a Christmas NPC that was rumored to drop a resurrection item. Kirito nearly kills himself to get it, only to discover that the item only works for the 10 second window immediately after a person "dies", but before their character avatar explodes into crystal fragments.

The writer of this light novel is pretty talented. I can understand why they made such a good anime out of it. However, after reading the first 5 light novels from Grimgar, I *REALLY* wish they would extend the anime for that as well. That dude is a really good writer, and the adventures we haven't seen yet encountered are awesome.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Damn that last episode of Made in Abyss really fucking hit it home. Gah very few shows can wrench that kind of guttural feeling.

Not sure there is enough material for another season and the manga is on hiatus till next year so I doubt we will see anything soon. I bet we will get a new re:zero season first before Made in Abyss.
Nope for reference eps13 is manga 27, and current is 42, with it being pretty boring atm(haven't caught up yet)

• 1Like