Summer 2017 Anime Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Being that this is the Anime thread, hey Chysamere Chysamere is Mango Fanta still a thing in Japan? The last time I was there it was just coming out, and that shit was great. I've always wanted it since first trying it there, but no dice.
The new Fanta blood orange maybe my favorite of all time.

Not including the Honey Lemon one of course

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh Chysamere Chysamere , good to see you around right now. Do you know when season 2 of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar will air? I've heard this year. I can't wait.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh Chysamere Chysamere , good to see you around right now. Do you know when season 2 of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar will air? I've heard this year. I can't wait.

I haven't heard anything about a season 2, but it's definitely not in the Autumn season so the earliest we'd get it is December or so. Most likely, if there is a season 2, it will be next year sometime.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll be honest. I ended up watching all of "Hajimete no Gal". That's the one that was censored to hide cleaving and camel toe and shit. The show ended up being decent, and never showing anything dirty. The censor was just a front to appeal to nerds potential masturbation habits. Anyway, overall, the show was enjoyable. The "best friend" girl with huge boobs also being an excellent fighter was lame. She tried to beat people up the entire show. Whatever, I still enjoyed it for what it was. And the 3 silly friends were dumb enough to cause a smile. This show ended today after 10 episodes. I'm content.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
People are bitching about the subtitle grammar all over Nyaa. I'll wait for BD. On the up side, I saw it in theaters. God damn were the nerds in ecstasy.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I saw that as well and made the same decision. Didn't see it at the theater, but some friends of mine who did ended up liking it.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fall list has no Boku no Hero Academia, so Bakugo + Deku vs All Might is going to cap it off for now. Good stopping point. When they start it up again summer camp is one of the big action arcs, so it'll be another great season or 4.

Edit: The OP for BNHA is probably one of the best in a long while. The song is good, and the title sequence is a good feels stabber.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Good ending to Re:Creators.
It's refreshing to a show with a true ending like that.

Every character got his epilogue, except Magane.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Good ending to Re:Creators.
It's refreshing to a show with a true ending like that.

Every character got his epilogue, except Magane.

Yes, finality. This was a good ending and I was happy with it. Great show all around to me.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Made in Abyss still creepy as fuck. Saw Nanachi's request coming from a mile away.

As for Bahamut, glad Alessand died like a little bitch. Fuck no for Kaisar though.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ballroom this week was decent. Seeing the teacher do his dance and how he is ridiculously flexible. Not to mention, we meet the kid's new partner, even if only in passing. I really like this show.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Made in Abyss
Ballroom e Youkoso
Re:Creators
Princess Principal
Clione no Akari
Classroom of the Elite
Knight's & Magic
In Another World With My Smartphone
Gamers
Restaurant To Another World
Boku No Hero Academia
Saiyuki Reload Blast

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I'd add Fate/Apocrypha (which continues next season).

And Aho-Girl if you like slapstick comedy. I've rarely laughed that much. Short 10min episodes too.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
You can add Symphogear to the list, simply for being Symphogear.

Also, if you've never watched Symphogear before, please watch Symphogear. This shit is ridiculous.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So... I never was really into Anime, I mean I watched Dragon Ball/Tenchi Muyo when I was younger on Toonami and I watched Death Note when it came to Netflix. I never could get into shit like Onepunch Man or Attack on Titan or anything else my weeaboo friends would recommend. The most obscure thing I could say I watched was Berserk only because I played the Dreamcast game.

I was pulling an all nighter and was scrolling through Youtube to find something to listen too/watch and I came across something called Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and 14 Episodes later I'm hooked.

The shit is just...cute for the sake of being cute and It's just fucking adorable. Anyways I'm totally hooked on this show I even bought the books for the first time in my life. They came backwards even though they are in english.

I don't know if I should recommend it or not because I think it may be some Japanese brainwashing because I would of never ever went to Etsy to look for Tohru merchandise.

So anyways I guess i'm a weeaboo now and I should fit myself for a Fedora and body pillow.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users