Summer 2018 Anime

Malkav

French Madman
Just go and watch Harukana receive to wash out the gay.

1NpOqtAl.png

5Ty022p.jpg

gncNJvi.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I enjoyed that first ep a lot, and not just cause of tits and ass.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, from the SAO trailer...

First thing you see is lumberjack Kirito. He and his buddy Eugeo have the "task" of cutting down the Gigas Cedar. The village has been working on it for around 300+ years, and they're only about a quarter of the way through the giant tree. They're using the dragon bone axe to chop it down. It's a fairly hard axe, but doesn't have that high of a user level. Not like the blue rose sword that Eugene found in the cave. However, only Integrity Knights have the power to control a level 45 weapon.

The village that they show appears to be the small village of Rulid, located in the far north east of Norlangarth's northern empire. That's the in-game name for the Underworld.

Virtual World created by the soul translator is a project of a company called Rath. They created a "new" full dive type of system as a way to create indistinguishable AI's. There's more to it than that, but that's enough.

It's still a virtual world, and everything has a durability. Food and water have a small durability. When it reaches zero, it goes bad.

Sword Skills from SAO still exist in this world. At least in some manor.

The girl that's being lifted away is Alice Zuberg. She's the primary motivating factor for Kirito and Eugeo to begin their quest.

That trailer is pretty good. It doesn't really show you any spoilers, and all of what's shown will take place in the first 3 episodes of the new series.

Don't read that if you don't want a more in depth review of what you've seen. And it probably won't make sense unless you have some understanding of what happens in the books.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anything new stand out so far?
Too soon maybe. Hanebado isn't bad, nice animation and second episode was solid, getting a stronger feeling that the show isn't going to be mainly about the sport of badminton.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The SAO novels were better, where they actually wove in MMO mechanics and it wasn't about giving girls screen time. But weebs want waifus, not gamer stories.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Overlord III Episode 1 is basically an entire episode of the NPCs talking about how bad they want Ains' skeleton dong.

I think this should be the whole series.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
Overlord when it does humor is fucking great. Also nice drunken sister avatar.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Angel of Death - based off a game made by RPG Maker - is also pretty damned good. On CrunchyRoll. A 16 episode anime.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Ending of this weeks My Hero Academia was omg chills.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion
This would be better if it didn't have that damn texture overlay. What a bummer.

Planet With
This is the highlight so far. It has enough of a mysterious background story and great art direction as well to keep me interested. Robot designs are very interesting.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Chills in a good way? I dig the new setup for Deku.

Man I HATED that shit!! I was hoping for some sorta cyborg suit!

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion
This would be better if it didn't have that damn texture overlay. What a bummer.

Planet With
This is the highlight so far. It has enough of a mysterious background story and great art direction as well to keep me interested. Robot designs are very interesting.

Ya. Hate Planet With's robot designs. Agree with the RMI overlay. Annoying as fuck.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Supposedly Mob Psycho getting a second season. Hoping that's the case and One Punch Man.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It would be a travesty if Mob Psycho doesn't get another season.

• 1Like