Summer 2018 Anime

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think the anime explained it but while he was in the game he basically min/maxed a casting build based upon the rare equipment he acquired which is why he could boast of having Demon Lord level power.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AoT exceeding expectations; glad I never read the mange much further than what we've seen so far. Lots to look forward too!

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wow, the animation for AoT this week was incredibly done and outshined the manga in every possible way.

Just saw that the opening theme was a duo between Yoshiki (X-Japan) and Hyde (L'Arc-en-Ciel). Sweeeeeeet.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Someone on Horrible subs was saying "This show is getting boring" about AoT. People are fucking stupid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Overlord is definitely a fun show, but I think I prefer the Demon Lord show to it. At least as far as this season is concerned. The first season of Overlord was tits. I'll still watch it, but Demon Lord is more entertaining for me.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Overlord is definitely a fun show, but I think I prefer the Demon Lord show to it. At least as far as this season is concerned. The first season of Overlord was tits. I'll still watch it, but Demon Lord is more entertaining for me.
Overlord is so slow, it doesn't seem we'll ever get anywhere near anything ressembling an ending, unfortunately. Still killing giant rats seasons 3...

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Overlord has a ton of exposition and character/world building. He's trying to keep his identity shrouded in mystery while he bolsters his forces and learns how to effectively lead. There are not many animes like that and I enjoy that about the show. It's what I liked about Log Horizon too, but it seems I'm in the minority and most people just wanna see everything get blown up every episode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Overlord has a ton of exposition and character/world building. He's trying to keep his identity shrouded in mystery while he bolsters his forces and learns how to effectively lead. There are not many animes like that and I enjoy that about the show. It's what I liked about Log Horizon too, but it seems I'm in the minority and most people just wanna see everything get blown up every episode.

That is what is keeping me watching it for now. It just has to find ways of keeping it interesting while setting things up.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I would like LH and Overlord a lot more if there wasn't such a massive gap between seasons. In Log Horizon's case, a third season would be nice.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
LH is gone though. The writer got nailed for tax fraud or something.

They stopped writing the light novels as of #10, and I believe all of the light novels have been converted into anime.
They're still doing manga chapters, which are currently up to issue 14. So if they really want to, they could pull from the manga to make a new anime season, but that most likely won't happen. It's a shame though. Log Horizon was a great show.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just started watching Harukana Receive. The bathing suits are awesome. But that said, it's still a good show. But man, that fan service.

Good show + great fan service... reminds me of that other show where girls would battle one another to get knocked into the water, and would have like... torpedo ass and shit like that.

That animation....
Untitled.png

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That scene where the big cousin declares her love for the little cousin was funny as hell. Granny off in the shadows with a look on her face like she was getting moist.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
LH is gone though. The writer got nailed for tax fraud or something.

They stopped writing the light novels as of #10, and I believe all of the light novels have been converted into anime.
They're still doing manga chapters, which are currently up to issue 14. So if they really want to, they could pull from the manga to make a new anime season, but that most likely won't happen. It's a shame though. Log Horizon was a great show.

That sucks to hear. Just binged it last week while at work. Oh well, started Konosuba yesterday so alls not bad.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If I could forget everything about Konosuba and just rewatch it over and over... Mmmm.

Still can't get over how good the new opening theme is for AoT.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
AoT = Attack on Titan, yes? Still need to watch that too I guess.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I could forget everything about Konosuba and just rewatch it over and over... Mmmm.

What's so great about it? I feel the same way for Re:Zero. Got to the second episode of konosuba but it failed to hook me in. Should I keep going?

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What's so great about it? I feel the same way for Re:Zero. Got to the second episode of konosuba but it failed to hook me in. Should I keep going?

Yes. I just started watching the past week and it's one of the best ones I've watched in a while. I've watched some really good anime lately but it finds a way to consistently make me laugh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users