Summer 2018 Anime

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Summer 2018 Anime

Genre: Adventure, Animation, Fantasy

First aired: 2015-07-07

Cast: Satoshi Hino, Yumi Hara, Sumire Uesaka, Manami Numakura, Akeno Watanabe, Aoi Yuki, Ayane Sakura, Ayumu Murase

Overview: In the year 2138, virtual reality gaming is booming. Yggdrasil, a popular online game is quietly shut down one day. However, one player named Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as "the most powerful wizard." The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) beginning to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
summer_01.jpg

summer_02.jpg
summer_03.jpg
summer_04.jpg
summer_05.jpg
summer_06.jpg
summer_07.jpg

And so summer is upon us. Shows I look forward to:

Overlord III
Attack on Titan III
Grand Blue
Banana Fish
Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa (Kaiji spinoff)
Hi Score Girl

EDIT: I just cut up the original image, but there is a limit of 10 images per post.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Thanks for picking up my slack.
Was gonna do it this week-end, been too caught up with work lately.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, lemme browse the list.

Must watch:

Boku no Hero Academia (continuation)
Attack on Titan 3 (Shingeki no Kyojin)
Overlord 3
Fate/Extra: Last Encore

Possible Watch:

Satsuriku no Tenshi - No memories, stuck in a haunted style house.
Shichisei no Subaru - New MMO style show
Grand Blue - Picture looks nice. It's probably a bro style show.
High Score Girl - Only because they mention Street Fighter II in the write up, and it's set in '91.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots of shows to pick from:

My Hero Academia
Overlord
Attack on Titan
Steins Gate

How to Not Summon a Demon Lord
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger (maybe)
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro (this might be crazy)
Lord Vermillion
Hanebado
Muhyo to Roujii no whatever whatever
High Score Girl

Doubt I'll watch all of those throughout the season, but I'll give them a shot.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I usually watch the first episode of every show. At least try to. If it interests me, I'll give it a 2nd episode. Otherwise, I quickly move on.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I totally gonna watch Harukana Receive for obvious reasons.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Thank you!

For sure:
Boku No Hero Academia - Do you really need to ask at this point?
Steins;Gate 0 - First season was really good.
Overlord - Last season was still better than average, and I think some serious shit is about to go down.
FLCL - Still have no idea WTF soever what the first one was about, so why not see the sequel?
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi - Liked the first season, will keep watching.
Lupin 2 - Second half of the 5th season. First half was good stuff.

Will try it out:
Isekai Maou - That blurb makes it sound all right. Going to heavily depend on writing and animation budget, though, and the genre has been getting worn thin, so that might not be there.
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san - Cheesecake at an inn.
Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger - Maybe.
Happy Sugar Life - Slut falls in love with a little boy. Murder and mayhem ensue. This is either going to be good or so awful it might be good in a different way.
Back Street Giirls - 3 yakuza forced to become trannies..... See above. ^
Banana Fish - .... holy fuck, this is one of the few series to have been in the short lived Pulp manga magazine here in the US. Will give it a go.
Captain Tsubasa - Was supposed to come out last season, but I enjoyed the manga.
High Score Girl - Nostalgia and video games and nerds who maybe fall in love. This might be the slice of life for the season.

Conspicuously missing:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Need more of this in my life.

• 1Like

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
"Fate/Extra: Last Encore"

I'm only a few episodes in, but Kudos to them for them for trying to kinda change things up, but the setting/premise for Extra is like an convoluted combination of Tron/Matrix/Ghost in the Shell/Sword Art Online, which seems to make the premise more complicated than interesting. Kinda like Apocrypha, there doesn't seem to be much character development (before they die).

I do like that it brings back, at least so far, characters from other renditions, but the tone seems more bittersweet. I'm hoping for another Gilles De Rais cameo so he can launch exploding children at people that's he's undoubtedly defiled.

Kinda surprised by the amount of side-boob and fat hanging boobs, but then it's anime.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
FLCL - Still have no idea WTF soever what the first one was about, so why not see the sequel?
tl;dr:
Haruko is an alien (supposedly from the galactic police force) that wants Atomsk (the Pirate King) for his power, but he is captured in the Medical Mechanica building on earth. She looks for someone with the "right kind of head" to use it as an N.O. channel to teleport/manifest things, hence she becomes a maid at Naotas house while looking for a way to free Atomsk.
Canti is a Medical Mechanica robot used by them to capture Atomsk, and the first thing to manifest through Naota's N.O. channel, which is whacked and reprogrammed by Haruko.
Add in the depressed ex-girlfriend of his brother Tasuku (who is playing baseball in the US) who sees Naota as a replacement for him (hence calling Naota and cats by the name "Takkun"), and also the class rep girl Eri who seems has a crush on Naota and bosses people around.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So far, horriblesubs is showing two 1st episodes from different shows.

Hanebado! - It's a new sports show about badminton of all things. The animation is great. Action looks very reminiscent of Haikyuu. I'm only about 5 minutes into the first episode, but I like it so far. Unless something terrible happens, this is definitely going to be on my continue to watch list.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Kinda expected another Shokugeki episode this week, guess I shoulda checked episode counts. Crunchy has a few first eps too but I'm gonna save those for later this week when I'm bored, off work til next Monday.

• 1Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
High Score Girl is pretty funny as a manga (still ongoing), so if you were ever into arcade games and the history surrounding them along with some slice of life you might like it. It went on hiatus for a while due to some copyright issues with a few video game companies because all the games they talk about aren't fictional and that got them into trouble.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So Island was the next show that I saw. It's a goofy show with some type of message. Guy says he's from the future and has to save some girl. And also kill some other guy. In a sense, it kinda reminds me of Re Zero, but not anywhere near as good. The episode annoyed me, so I won't be continuing to watch unless other people say it's great.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database