Summer 2020 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malkav

French Madman
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

Genre: Animation, Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2016-04-04

Creator: Tappei Nagatsuki

Cast: Yuusuke Kobayashi, Rie Takahashi, Yumi Uchiyama, Chinatsu Akasaki, Yuichi Nakamura, Inori Minase, Rie Murakawa, Satomi Arai, Takehito Koyasu

Overview: Natsuki Subaru, an ordinary high school student, is on his way home from the convenience store when he finds himself transported to another world. As he's lost and confused in a new world where he doesn't even know left from right, the only person to reach out to him was a beautiful girl with silver hair. Determined to repay her somehow for saving him from his own despair, Subaru agrees to help the girl find something she's looking for.

Malkav

French Madman
summer-2020.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Looking forward to the next parts for Re:Zero and SAO.
Also some returning shows from Spring that were delayed due to Covid, like Shokugeki no Souma, I'll gladly go back to them.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
God of High School - Damned right I'm gonna give it a go. They did TOG right.
Re: Zero - My balls have been so blue since this got kicked back to summer.
SAO - Been waiting for it. So hype.
Fruits Basket - Damned right I'm going to keep going.
Shokugeki no Souma - Seeing it through to the end.
Jailbaitgun T - Moar!

Hopefully there's something good for slice of lifing it somewhere.

Malkav

French Madman
Watched the first episode of the Misfit of Demon King Academy.

I'm a sucker for OP protagonists who do not give a shit and just flex their OPness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
SAO: Alicization seemed a lot better than SAO 2 with the fairies and shit. Pretty sure I gave up on that one half way through. At least War of Underworld is focusing a little more on the RL side of things. It was irritating that there was no focus on what was going on inside Underworld with Kirito at all. But like, the whole season took place over what, half a day IRL?

There was also the throwaway line by the Admin about

The "other" irregular boy, which I'm assuming comes back in War because I'll be dammed if I can remember what it was referencing.

Edge of Tomorrow?

You mean the scene in Misfit? Not really.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.

So much to watch.

ReZero
SAO
Digimon
Cindirella Nine Season 2? - I seriously thought I'd never see this again and was just a 1 shot. Was entertaining enough.
Rent A Girlfriend - heard this may be funny
Demon King Misfit - By Silverlight, same studio that did Bofri so it might be intersting.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Watched the first episode of the Misfit of Demon King Academy.

I'm a sucker for OP protagonists who do not give a shit and just flex their OPness.
LOL! Same! 1st episode was great!
hah Misfit was awesome, looking forward to that one.

Gave this a watch. This even looks similar to how Devil is a part timer is if there was a sequel.

Guy even looks similar to Mao all grown and dressed up...not doing wholesale slaughter but working his way up the chain.

Like..did Mao get back to Enta Isla 2000 years later? (I think that's the premise of this anime...the demon king was gone for a long while and everyone got weaker)

Last edited:

velk

Trakanon Raider
Was a fine first episode but reminds me again and again why I hate watching stuff week-to-week now.

I had mixed feelings. The intro was fine, then the first half was a bunch of random nonsense with wildly overexaggerated animation. The tournament itself was good though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database