Summer 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Aquatope on White Sand

Genre: Animation, Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2021-07-09

Cast: Miku Ito, Rikako Aida, Azumi Waki, Lynn, Shimba Tsuchiya, Yohei Azakami, Hiroshi Yanaka

Overview: Kukuru Misakino, an 18-year-old high school girl working in an aquarium, meets Fuuka Miyazawa, a former idol who lost her place in Tokyo and escaped. Fuuka will spend her days in the aquarium with her own thoughts in mind. However, the crisis of closing is approaching for the aquarium, as the girls explore their dreams and reality, loneliness and friends, bonds and conflicts.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
summer-2021.jpg

Spoiler: I like fish tanks, that's why I chose the aquarium show as the thread's image, even though it's a dull picture.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Shit, summer is coming and I'm late on most of the spring shows because I kinda missed a week or two and then became too lazy to catch up.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That chainsaw man trailer is nuts. Everyone has shark teeth. I'm just replying here so maybe people will use this thread for it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
https://www.firesofheaven.org/members/khane.174/ said:
Animation looks great

https://www.firesofheaven.org/members/leon.13119/ said:
Everything mappa does lately has some really good polished animation. They're not ufotable but at the speed they're cranking things up i don't care.

Looks like you can only copy the quoting block if it's more than 1 line inside.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Came to post about the chainsaw man trailer, fucking for real hype train. I'm beyond excited. I had faith in MAPPA for quality, but I didn't expect it to go next level. It feels like such a natural progression to go from dorohedoro, to jjk, to now this? I've been waiting months for the pv. I assumed I'd be waiting til Fall 2021 for the anime, but PV may raise hope for a summer release.

If you know nothing, the creator refers to it as "dark FLCL, or pop Abara." Abara being by Nihei, Knights of Sidonia, BLAME, ect.
1624823182210.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Chainsaw Man is some great stuff. Part 1 is completed and it's only 97 chapters if you want to read the manga. The same author did Fire Punch, which is also some great, fucked up shit.

They don't even have a cast for the anime, so we're definitely not getting it for the summer. My guess it will be winter at the earliest.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't know MAAPA as a name before, so I looked them up.

They have quite a recent history.
Inuyashiki (2017) was fucking awesome, for example.
Everything Jujutsu Kaisen also.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Slime, Villainees, Tsuki ga, Million Lives are easy must watch.
Megami-kyou no Ryoubo-kun looks like it might be a decent slice of life.

It makes my crusty heart smile to know that Crayon Shin-chan is still going after all these years.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Realist Hero looks hilarious and is probably the only new show I'll be watching this season (although obviously i'll be continuing Slime and Bakarina)

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks like a backlog season for me. MHA and Maid Dragon are the only things that interest me so far.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty sure I've read most of anything possible to watch past where the episodes will go, so I probably have very little to watch. I'll check out Meikyuu Black Company since that wasn't getting updated and the story was interesting.

100-man too, since the first season was decent.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, Remake had a good start. Looks like it'll be a chill watch with not much unnecessary drama.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The remake threw me off at first. I didn't realize what it was. Just thought the characters looked very familiar. Then this underwear chick REALLY wants to fuck her brother. It's bound to be a hentai. Then it dawned on me what I was watching, and suddenly everything made sense.

Malkav

French Madman
The remake threw me off at first. I didn't realize what it was. Just thought the characters looked very familiar. Then this underwear chick REALLY wants to fuck her brother. It's bound to be a hentai. Then it dawned on me what I was watching, and suddenly everything made sense.

At first I was wondering why you were speaking of the Remake show then it dawned on me that you're speaking of the Mahouka spinoff.

• 1Solidarity
TV show information provided by The Movie Database