Summer 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finally got around to watching the first episode of the show that's in the thread title. It's about some model chick that's also a singer that drops out of Japanese Hollywood and moves to Nagasaki to work in an aquarium. It's a drama show, but I liked the first episode. But then again, I love fish, so there's that.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Went and saw Fate Heavens Feel 3 this week. Great movie.

Probably the best fight in the movie:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So that Girlfriend Girlfriend show gives away a spoiler with the close of each episode. It's this.

XeqRrKo.png

Especially after the latest episode.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Feel like Slime is super slow so far this season, I hope it picks up the pace soon.
I'm ok with it being slow right now because it's the start of the season. Get all the world building over with then start the action would be better then slow building the world and having to pause the action for it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not the start of the season, it's the middle of season 2. This was one political talk episode too many.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
I'm ok with it being slow right now because it's the start of the season. Get all the world building over with then start the action would be better then slow building the world and having to pause the action for it.

Except we're 40 episodes in in the show. There is no reason to have the show crawl down to a halt every half season. Worst part was the begining of season 2 which were basically 1 full episode of recap and then 1 full episode about talking about what they just recapped.

We don't mind a bit of slow world building, just don't have things crawl to a halt for 3 episodes on the regular.

• 1Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok quit watching then. I didn't watch that kids oriented spinoff version of slime. So the sequence for me is he becomes demon lord then you have this slow down for world building. To argue that him becoming a demon lord wasn't a season finale is just stupid Gav.

But I can see if you guys watched that kid slime shit then you are probably fed up up with filler by now.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ok quit watching then. I didn't watch that kids oriented spinoff version of slime. So the sequence for me is he becomes demon lord then you have this slow down for world building. To argue that him becoming a demon lord wasn't a season finale is just stupid Gav.

But I can see if you guys watched that kid slime shit then you are probably fed up up with filler by now.
He's going by what the studio is saying. This is still part of Season 2. The manga is at the point where I think the season will end. Good Shit Is Coming.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Finally got around to watching the first episode of every other show that started this season.

The Aquatope on White Sand - This is the icon for this thread. Some drama about an idol-style girl that leaves entertainment and starts working at an aquarium. I love fish, so right off the bat, I liked this.

Meikyuu Black Company - Isekai to work in the mines. It wasn't great.

D_Cide Traumerei the Animation - So far, I'm not a fan of the CGI "animation". They're trying to make it look traditional animation, but it's clearly CGI. If you press pause, the show looks incredibl, but keeping it playings is bothering me.

Japanese Ghost Stories - The previous 8 seasons did nothing to push me into watching this garbage.

Battle Game in 5 Seconds - First episode is good so far. The intro has my attention. It's "kind of" Isekai. Kid stuck in a game, but the game is his real life which somehow changed into a game. I like the thinking behind the MC, so I'll stick with it.

Love Live! Superstar!! - School for music. Quickly pass on this one without giving it a chance. There were like 6 songs in the first few minutes and I just don't care about singing.

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory - Breasts. I don't think it's hentai, but still shows animated nudity. Homeless middle school boy becomes a dorm "mother" for a group of nudist college 10's. Even though it's a nude-friendly show, it's surprisingly "wholesome" if you will. The girls seem normal, they just happen to have amazing bodies and don't mind showing them off, but they aren't stuck up about it. The kid will do well there.

Night Head 2041 - Pure CGI style animation. That said, it works for this show. I don't understand why the show exists, but it does look nice, in case that matters. This show visably looks very good, but I have enough shit to watch already, so the mental powers military crew isn't going to cut it.

Sonny Boy - I have no idea what I was looking at. The animation is weak, and for most of the show, the "background" was just the color black. It was strange, so I didn't continue watching it.

Obey Me! - Very short show (few minutes) about Devils playing games and shit. It's stupid, but entertaining also.

The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace - Demons attacking a world. Gods are summoned to stop them. I tried watching episode 2, but it was rough. This show is bad, so I dropped it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Black company is one of the few I’m following. It’s not that bad IMO. Slime is definitely being boring. Battle in 5 seconds is the other I’ve been following. Definitely a season of rest so far.

Fadaar

That guy
Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory - Breasts. I don't think it's hentai, but still shows animated nudity. Homeless middle school boy becomes a dorm "mother" for a group of nudist college 10's. Even though it's a nude-friendly show, it's surprisingly "wholesome" if you will. The girls seem normal, they just happen to have amazing bodies and don't mind showing them off, but they aren't stuck up about it. The kid will do well there.

wow, opening fuckin frame. titties. i havent had a trashy show in a few seasons and downloaded ep 1. literally right off the bat.... titties.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
x Magia Record S2 - Honestly, this is a wonderfully animated show. Top tier stuff, but it didn't make a lot of sense for me as I haven't seen the previous season. That's why I'm skipping it.

x The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! - The intro music (show starts with it) sounds like this is an older show from the Disney Channel, before they had a streaming service. That said, the animation doesn't seem kid-friendly. The MC is a very scantly clad demon chick. Super tough boss level fucks up almost instantly and becomes as newb again. This show mostly sucks, so pass.