Summer 2021 Anime Thread

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found Peach Boy Riverside to be more surprising, hopefully it remains as violent, whereas Spirit was kinda predictable.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I found the pacing on peach to be completely off. I dunno what it is.

Malkav

French Madman
I found the pacing on peach to be completely off. I dunno what it is.

It is weird. The manga itself is derived from the popular Japanese tale of Momotaro : Momotarō - Wikipedia .

At the same time, the anime adaptation took some liberties regarding the chronology :

So that first episode was definitely confusing as shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Not impressed with this season. I'm probably gonna tap out until I hear some good 3 episode recommendations. Every ep1 has been unremarkable.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a few episodes that I've enjoyed so far, but I haven't watched all of the new shit yet.

Anyway, there's 5 shows that I enjoyed thus far.
Scarlet Nexus
Peach Boy Riverside
Kanojo mo Kanojo
Bokutachi no Remake
The Irregular side story

Malkav

French Madman
I honestly find Kanojo mo Kanojo hilarious. I can really feel it's the same author as Aho Girl, the character reactions are gold.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, I enjoyed it for what it was. It's nice seeing a main character that isn't a complete dickless faggot again. "I like you, but I also like her. So I'll only date you if we go 3-way."
The one chick is totally into it. The other... Well, she's prude anyway.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm slowly watching the first episode of every new show again. There's 24 new shows that began (starting with episode 1), but I've only watched 12 so far. And I'll be honest, I like a lot of them. Here's my list thus far. Oh, I also used english translated titles for everyone because you complain if I use the Japanese names they're titled when I download.

Scarlet Nexus - Beautiful show. Great animation. Story about kids that fight this space monster things. That's not a good description, but I liked it, so I'll give this one a shot.

Peach Boy Riverside - "Cute" style animation, but it starts off with a furry. I don't really understand the point of this show. Oh yeah, also racism. Finally, the show is violent. I still don't understand it, but I didn't hate it. But it'll probably be one of the first that I drop.

Higurashi Then They Cry - Adorable litle girls are evil or something. And blood. Oh, and magic girl. Hmm... And it annoys me, so pass.

The Case Study of Vanitas - Vampires. I don't like the childish animation style. Also, this steampunk style book that has the magic ability to cure vampires or some shit. This doesn't catch my attention at all.

Villainess S2 - I didn't watch first season, so I don't care about this one. Plus, it looks like kiddy trash.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend - Girl asks guy out. He responds sure, if you're cool being my side piece. But it's not a secret, let's ask my main piece if she's also game. Silly show, but honestly... it isn't terrible. I'll probably drop it quickly, but for now I'll stick with it. I like that the main guy isn't a pussy like all the other main guys out there.

Remake Our Life! - The idea of jumping back in time 10 years sounds cool, but I'd pass. I couldn't eliminate the existance of my kids like that. Very good first episode though. I'm digging it.

The Honor at Magic High School - Remake of The Irregular. I love the original, so I'll watch this too.

Opera Girl! - These "idol" style shows for theater, singing or whatever never do it for me. So I'm not even going to attempt it.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - Another Isekai style show, but the "hero" is realistically just a politician type guy, who knows how to handle money and makes the financially correct moves to bail out the kingdom. It's a good show.

Re-Main - Water Polo player is in bad car accident and loses 3 years of memories. He wakes up from a 6 month coma and has to figure his life out again. I don't care about water polo, but the story is good, so I'll watch a little longer and see if it hooks me.

The Duke of Death and His Maid - Some kid is a Duke and he somehow kills everything that he touches. Probably a curse. His new maid wants to fuck him though. At least she's acting like it. It doesn't do anything for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
What the hell is this and how isn’t it hentai?

it's good!

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So the 2nd episode of Girlfriend, Girlfriend really shit the bed. It was nothing but a bunch of screaming from all 3 characters. I'll give episode 3 a try, but I think I'm going to drop this one quickly.

Malkav

French Madman
So the 2nd episode of Girlfriend, Girlfriend really shit the bed. It was nothing but a bunch of screaming from all 3 characters. I'll give episode 3 a try, but I think I'm going to drop this one quickly.

I was still highly intertained by Saki being Saki. Not disappointed by the usual slapstick style of the author.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm slowly watching the first episode of every new show again. There's 24 new shows that began (starting with episode 1), but I've only watched 12 so far. And I'll be honest, I like a lot of them. Here's my list thus far. Oh, I also used english translated titles for everyone because you complain if I use the Japanese names they're titled when I download.

Scarlet Nexus - Beautiful show. Great animation. Story about kids that fight this space monster things. That's not a good description, but I liked it, so I'll give this one a shot.

Peach Boy Riverside - "Cute" style animation, but it starts off with a furry. I don't really understand the point of this show. Oh yeah, also racism. Finally, the show is violent. I still don't understand it, but I didn't hate it. But it'll probably be one of the first that I drop.

Higurashi Then They Cry - Adorable litle girls are evil or something. And blood. Oh, and magic girl. Hmm... And it annoys me, so pass.

The Case Study of Vanitas - Vampires. I don't like the childish animation style. Also, this steampunk style book that has the magic ability to cure vampires or some shit. This doesn't catch my attention at all.

Villainess S2 - I didn't watch first season, so I don't care about this one. Plus, it looks like kiddy trash.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend - Girl asks guy out. He responds sure, if you're cool being my side piece. But it's not a secret, let's ask my main piece if she's also game. Silly show, but honestly... it isn't terrible. I'll probably drop it quickly, but for now I'll stick with it. I like that the main guy isn't a pussy like all the other main guys out there.

Remake Our Life! - The idea of jumping back in time 10 years sounds cool, but I'd pass. I couldn't eliminate the existance of my kids like that. Very good first episode though. I'm digging it.

The Honor at Magic High School - Remake of The Irregular. I love the original, so I'll watch this too.

Opera Girl! - These "idol" style shows for theater, singing or whatever never do it for me. So I'm not even going to attempt it.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - Another Isekai style show, but the "hero" is realistically just a politician type guy, who knows how to handle money and makes the financially correct moves to bail out the kingdom. It's a good show.

Re-Main - Water Polo player is in bad car accident and loses 3 years of memories. He wakes up from a 6 month coma and has to figure his life out again. I don't care about water polo, but the story is good, so I'll watch a little longer and see if it hooks me.

The Duke of Death and His Maid - Some kid is a Duke and he somehow kills everything that he touches. Probably a curse. His new maid wants to fuck him though. At least she's acting like it. It doesn't do anything for me.
Finally got a chance to watch a few other shows. I'm "almost" done the first episodes of each show this season.

The Detective is Already Dead - Kid detective to deliver a package by plane for someone. He meets another detective passenger while on the plane. Together, they need to solve a crime thig that's happening. 45 minutes long. I didn't hate it, but I also didn't like it enough to keep following it.

Getter Robo Arc - Without really watching this, the show appears like it's ment for an elementary school audience. I'm going to pass.

IDOLiSH7 S3 - I still don't care about Idol shows, so pass.

Life Lessons with Oniisan - The intro to this makes me think of the movie Death to Smoochy. Adult themes behind being a host for a kid's TV Show. I like it. It's an emotionally darker show because the hosts are dead on the inside.

Spirit Chronicles - Zero appeal for me. I jumped through it and turned it off.

Tsukipro The Animation S2 - More idol shit. Pass yet again.

Drugstore in Another World - Garbage tier animation. I didn't even give it a shot.

Tsukimichi Moonlit Fantasy - Silly isekai show, but I liked the premise. Earth guy is stong and powerful because of the gravity of earth instead of the Isekai world. Silly kids show, but I still liked it.

Dragon Maid S2 - Season 1 was fantastic. I even liked the silly 30 second shorts from last season. I'm all in for season 2.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Spirit Chronicles - Zero appeal for me. I jumped through it and turned it off.

Nah this has potential. They just time skipped 5 years in episode 2 like it was no big deal. Could be good, could be terrible, still undecided, but so far it's all right.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if Beaststars S2 is considered for Summer, but man.

I was willing to forgive season 1, but oh man. Did the writers/etc just go "Nope, main character is a furry who is also bi-curious and also has a random crossdressing moment?" and someone OK'd it? It's a dumpster fire. Literally made no sense for half the shit that happened, and then ended up some super homo-erotic commentary.

I powered through but honestly, even if you enjoyed season 1, season 2 is some dude who is trying to explain why he's gay by wearing a fur-suit as an anime. It's f'n rough.