Summer 2022 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's all about when he eventually marries and has a kid with Cha Hae-In. They didn't show that in the manhwa, but it was in the light novel.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good to have Overlord back. First episode setup a lot of probable misunderstandings. I hope we get some confrontations with the elite Empire ppl, and I'd swear the last season kinda alluded to other people like Ains becoming aware of him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Can't even be assed to remember what happened before in Overlord. I just remember S2 and S3 being meh to me, not expecting S4 to be any better, might even drop it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Can't even be assed to remember what happened before in Overlord. I just remember S2 and S3 being meh to me, not expecting S4 to be any better, might even drop it.
Yea I'm actively going back and rewatching previous seasons of series that are continuing since I don't remember what happened in them. Just Overlord and Pickup in a dungeon to go.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ahhh, Made In The Abyss S2 starts today. I'll be watching it, but I'm sure it'll be as sad as S1.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I'm not sure how to feel about this. I love me some trigun....but full cg remake is what this looks like.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I could stomach the 3D that Ghost in the Shell did for the most recent series but not the god awful writing that came with it. Is the new Trigun a flat remake or just a launching point for a different story?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I could stomach the 3D that Ghost in the Shell did for the most recent series but not the god awful writing that came with it. Is the new Trigun a flat remake or just a launching point for a different story?
It says in the video "Brothers Once More" "For a New Story".

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Good adaptation:
  • Isekai Ojisan
Bad adaptation:
  • Hoshi no Samidare (or, as it's known in the west: Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer)

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Good adaptation:
  • Isekai Ojisan
Bad adaptation:
  • Hoshi no Samidare (or, as it's known in the west: Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer)

Ojisan was funny yeah, didn't know the source material.

As for Samidare, how is it bad? Given it's been like 10 years since I read the manga but that first episode seemed pretty faithful to it.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
As for Samidare, how is it bad? Given it's been like 10 years since I read the manga but that first episode seemed pretty faithful to it.
Given that it may have played out differently in my head, I just feel that both the animation felt... stiff and cheap? Kind of like KumoDesu, where the 2D and 3D parts were disjointed, and you could tell that the 2D parts were outsourced.

Malkav

French Madman
Given that it may have played out differently in my head, I just feel that both the animation felt... stiff and cheap? Kind of like KumoDesu, where the 2D and 3D parts were disjointed, and you could tell that the 2D parts were outsourced.

Ah, it didn't really seem that way to me. Sure it's not like upper tier animation, more like very average. It's nowhere near some isekais last seasons that had slideshow animation.

Anyway, after a week, here is how I stand on this season show.
- My Isekai Life / Harem in the Labyrinth in another world / Black Summoner : common isekai junk food.
- Overlord : might as well drop it at this point
- Vermeil in Gold : I'm all about that demon milf
- Uncle from Another World : Ok, the idea is funny. Will definitely enjoy this one.
- Smile of the Arsnotoria : Guess it's the moe dose of this season. No clue where this is going.
- Call of the Night : Was waiting for this one. MC kinda deserves to be slapped but is ok otherwise.
- Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer : Pure nostalgia trip for me I guess.
- Lycoris Recoil : Seems interesting so far. Like the happy go lucky MC.
- Engage Kiss : anime junk food
- RWBY Ice Queendom : RWBY but not in shitty 3D.

Need to catch up on A Couple of Cuckoos and continue that this season, otherwise Summer seems lacking in romcoms.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I d recommend adding the following :

-my stepmom’s daughter is my ex.
-yakuza’s guide to baby sitting. This one has potential with great characters and great animation.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I d recommend adding the following :

-my stepmom’s daughter is my ex.
-yakuza’s guide to baby sitting. This one has potential with great characters and great animation.

Been wary of the first one because of the trash fire title.
I'll look into the second one.