Summer 2022 Anime Thread

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So happy to be watching shadows house again. Kate needs to be more careful with her soot powers. Looking forward to more.

Rent a girlfriend is hard to watch for me. MC is such a simp i may drop it. Every scene just seems to drag out.

Overlord ep1 was like a non event. Hopefully its a setup for sending the guardians out in the world to explore but probably not because of what happened with Shaltier in season 1. It seems that Ainz is trying in a limited capacity to get them to not view the locals as bugs to be killed at a whim which is good I guess. Would like more Brain and Shaltier interaction. That young knight guy can just die to the princess for all I care.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Rent a girlfriend is hard to watch for me. MC is such a simp i may drop it. Every scene just seems to drag out.

This is entirely the reason I dropped it after a few episodes in the first season. Dude is insufferable.

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
Lycoris recoil is pretty good too.

Yeah I liked it.

Watched your recommendations too. Yakuza should be great, the daughter is a cinnamon roll. The stepsister one was alright, will have to see if they can make the shtick interesting past a few episodes, might grow old quickly otherwise.

Also watched Isekai Pharmacist or whatever, it was good for what it was. Found the tutor reaction at the end refreshingly new in the genre.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So just saw devil is a part timer. Ep was kinda funny but mostly recap. To be expected after 9 years. Had the oddest censorship of any anime I've ever see.

The culture that is known for tentacles and worse censored a. Cockroach. I'm really confused.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The culture that is known for tentacles and worse censored a. Cockroach. I'm really confused.
It's a gag to make them seem especially gross/disgusting, not because they're forbidden to show a cockroach.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I've been avoiding message boards for the past week because I'm spending way too much time on them when I'm at home. And amazingly, I was able to crush through this season of Anime. At least watching or quickly jumping through all the new shows. Here's the list of EVERYTHING. And there's so much crap, but a little bit that caught my attention.

Monday:

+ Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life (My Isekai Life) - Guy is an animal tamer that uses slimes. Also has a wolf. Haven't seen the isekai portion yet, but he seems OP without doing anything OP yet. Ok, I spoke too soon. He does OP shit towards the end of the episode. It's not a terrible show. Just seems like another super strong guy who can beat everything type of thing. Then at the very end, we see a flash of him programming on a laptop, so I guess that's his pre-Isekai life.

+ Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e S2 (Classroom of the Elite) - Classroom of the Elite. Nice. Boring start, but it's setting the stage for MC to show off how intelligent he is. So it's bound to be entertaining.

x Cardfight!! Vanguard will+Dress - I don't like these card type of shows, so pass.

x Orient - Continuation
of show that started in January. I didn't watch it then, so I won't watch it now.

x The Last Summoner - Continuation. I didn't watch last season, so I still won't.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thesday:

x Kinsou no Vermeil (Vermeil in Gold) - Guy thinks a demon girl is hot. He then is required to form a contract with a familiar to pass his first year of school, and sure enough, he forms a contract with the hot demon chick. It's a dumb nerd-gasm show that's way too sexual, but honestly... it didn't bother me "that" much. Ok, spoke too soon. The next second they're having a fight and the demon chick fucks the girl that's his friend or something. It's not shown, just implied, but whatever. I'm done now.

+ Overlord IV - Decent episode. Seems to pick up where last season left off, and added something new to think about. I've enjoyed this show in the past, and I think I still will. It "should" be a good season.

x Tokyo Mew Mew New - Skipped through the first episode and I can't even tell what this show is about. It looks way too "cutesie" for me, so I'm going to pass.

x Shine Post - Another idol type show. And I won't waste my time.

x Jashin-chan Dropkick X - I don't like the shitty jump out at you manga style animation, so I pass.

x Cinderella Chef S3 - Chinese show. I didn't watch the first 2 seasons, so not about to pick it up now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday:

x Warau Arsnotoria Sun! (Smile of the Arsnotoria) - Another all female cast. Nope.

+ Made in Abyss - Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou - First season was a heart wrenching experience. This one is starting off different, but... maybe the same. Then a little bit later, it's the cast from the 1st season. Good deal.

+ Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta (My Stepmom's Daughter is my Ex) - So-so. Parents that each have kids get married. Turns out the kids used to date, but now are step-brother and sister. So... antics. It's cute, but not unbareably so. I'll try the next episode.

+ Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o (Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World) - Very violent and bloody. In a good way. I like the beginning. Stuck in a Game style Isekai, but it's only because he started playing a game and chose that he wouldn't be able to log out. Ok then. Now I see that it's a heavily censored show for language and nudity / sexual actions like squeezing a clothed ass or something. It's a show that does prostitution and slaves, and the MC is trying to buy some hot chick slave he's able to fuck and never get pregnant. It's dumb, but the action is good outside of the censored stuff, so I'll continue watching for another episode or two.

x The Prince of Tennis II - U-17 World Cup - Never got into prince of tennis, so I'll skip it for now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thursday:

+ Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka S4 (DanMachi) - DanMachi is one of my favorites, and this is no different. Love Bell's adventures. And honestly, way back in season 1 when Bell takes out the Minotaur is one of my favorite anime episodes of all time. It was just beautiful. That said, I wasn't a fan of how season 1 ended. It felt too rushed. After the minotaur episode, I started reading the light novel (which I still read every time a new one comes out), and it handled the conclusion much more in depth. It's a shame they didn't have the time to make the big boss battle into 2 episodes. Anyway, this episode 00 doesn't show much of season 4, but I kinda remember the story (It's a few years old at this point), and it was enjoyable.

x Hataraku Maou-sama S2 (Devil is a Part Timer!) - Some devil army with 4 generals. It's the 2nd season, and I don't think I watched the first season, so I'll skip this without trying.

+ Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari (Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting) - Young girl is finally moving in with her dad, but he's the boss of the local Yakuza branch. The boss tells his best enforcer that he's to take care of the girl. It's actually a cute show so far.

x Chimimo - It looks like my 10 year old made it. I'm really not interested in this shit.

x Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night) - Long intro song. Then I see that it's made by Sony Record Label, so I guess they're promoting some new song or singer via anime. Darker color palet. Ok, it's a vampire show. They're trying to be quirky, but I don't like the show.

x Atasha Kawajiri Kodama Da yo (I'm Kodama Kawashiri) - Continuation. I'm going to continue passing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday:

+ Bucchigire! - Same animation style as Magelo Box. This seems to be samurai based.
A group of "demon samurai" type people go around killing others. A random group of people were sentenced to die because they were each trying to attack those demon samurai. Then they are all broken out of their jail and join the group of people that broke them out in order to eliminate all of the demon samurai people. Convaluted description, but I'll watch it.

x Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru (Will Ayumu Make His Move?) - Anime about playing Shogi. It's another asian board game with large token things, almost like Majong. Google says it's the Japanese varient to chess. Shogi actually means General's Board Game. I don't know anything about Shogi, but it's a cute show. I'd watch it if I don't already have so many other shows that I want to watch more.

x Prima Doll - High quality animation. Some robot girl that fights in wars with other robot girls. I don't care for this, so pass.

x Shadow House S2 - Living doll show oringinally aired in January 2019. I didn't like watching it back then, so I'm not going to continue now.

x Kami Kuzu Idol - Silly show about 2 guy singers (idols) that are starting out. But in the back of a club after one of them is going to get fired for not caring about being an idol and only wanting the money, he meets a ghost of this girl idol that died a year ago and she's all in with missing being an idol or something, he lets her take over his body during performances. It's dumb and "cute", but I don't like it and pass.

+ Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent-A-Girlfriend) It's back. I'll continue watching the 2nd season because I liked the first. Plus, the MC is into fish.

+ Hoshi no Samidare (Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer) - Kid wakes up with a talking lizard in his room, so he picks it up and throws it out the window. The kid has all kinds of psycological proglems caused by his grandfather. Silly show, but I kind of like it. Not sure if it's enough to get me to watch past episode 2, but it got me to that point at least.

x Dragon Quest - Dai no Daibouken - Continuation that I still don't care about.

x Shadowverse Flame - Another continuation that I didn't watch.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saturday:

x Love All Play - Another continuation. It's the badminton show thatthat I liked early into last season, but then I dropped it and will not be continuing.

x Detective Conan - Never got into this one. And it's a thousand episodes in already.

+ Ao Ashi - Soccer show that's great.

x Teppen - Some show about being the best 3-person comedy act in Japan. It's not good.

+ Kuro no Shoukanshi (Black Summoner) - Isekai! Yes, I didn't know there was yet another Isekai show. This one has a guy get "accidentally" killed by a god and transfered to another world, but he got to choose all his own starting abilities, but lost all of his previous memories outside of a general familiarity to his "old world". He's reborn as an S-Rank Summoner, the only one in this world. There are a few (like 3-5) other Summoners, bu the highest is only Rank C. As a result, his summons are incredibly powerful.

x Shoot! Goal to the Future - FPS gaming mixed with soccer or something. It isn't entertaining. Especially when you compare it to a real soccer anime like Ao Ashi.

x Musashino - 3:30 long. Don't waste your time.

x Lycoris Recoil - High quality animation. It's about girls that fight crime or something. I'm skipping through it. There's a scene early on where one girl tries to recreate the T2 mini-gun scene with just a machine gun and... Ok, I'm bored.

x Engage Kiss - I didn't even really try. The show "looked" pretty, but quickly jumping threw didn't cause me any interest in watching it at all.

x Utawarerumono - Futari no Hakuoro (Mask of Truth) - This appears to be a very involved anime. Good quality animation. Doing a google search says that it's a show based off a PS4 game that I never played. And this anime starts where the game ended. I'm not interested just because I never played it.

x Extreme Hearts - It's an anime that has a bunch of girl "Hyper Sports" players or something. But they sing and play instruments. I'm not interested, so pass.

x Kakkou no Iinazuke (Couple of Cuckoos) - Continuation and pass.

x Kingdom S4 - Continuation.

x Delicious Party Precure - Continuation.

x One Piece - Continuation.

x Waccha PriMagi! - Continuation.

x Digimon Ghost Game - Continuation.

x Boruto - Naruto Next Generations - Continuation.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sunday:

x Love Live! Superstar!! S2 - Didn't watch the first season, so I'll pass.

x Luminous Witches - Didn't really watch, but I never cared about all girl cast shows. Pass.

+ Isekai Yakkyoku (Parallel World Pharmacy) - Another Isekai, but no surprise. Hell, it's in the name. Reborn as a Pharmacyst. Ok... At first I didn't care about the show, but by the end I was interested. After they introduced the start of his powers, at least. I'll give it a shot, but may drop it later.

x Hanabi-chan wa Okuregachi (Girl is Often Late) - 4:30 long show. And... I don't care enough to keep watching it.

x RWBY - Hyousetsu Teikoku (Ice Queendom) - The animation quality looks like the game Genshin Impact that my daughter always plays. I don't want to keep watching it.

x Yurei Deco - Shitty 16-bit game type animation.

Ok, that's everything. Leaving messageboards for another week.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
x Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night) - Long intro song. Then I see that it's made by Sony Record Label, so I guess they're promoting some new song or singer via anime. Darker color palet. Ok, it's a vampire show. They're trying to be quirky, but I don't like the show.

I'm going to correct this otherwise it's going to bug me.

It's an adaptation of a pretty successful manga. Fact is, the song used in the ED from the band Creepy Nuts existed before the manga and the author asked the band for their permission to use the title of the song (Yofukashi no Uta) as the title of his manga, which they agreed to. Fast forward a few years and they got the rights to use the song as the anime adaptation ED, and the band ended up creating the anime OP on top of it all.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent-A-Girlfriend) It's back. I'll continue watching the 2nd season because I liked the first. Plus, the MC is into fish.

ok ok ok no. you dont watch this show to enjoy it, you watch it for the same reason people slow down to look at car wrecks. you want to enjoy the bad in all its glory.

and yeah Call of the Night seems interesting, probably one of the better first episodes

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ok ok ok no. you dont watch this show to enjoy it, you watch it for the same reason people slow down to look at car wrecks. you want to enjoy the bad in all its glory.

and yeah Call of the Night seems interesting, probably one of the better first episodes
Likes Rent-a-Girlfriend, wont watch Kaguya.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
In 2 days.

First episode dropped today apparently.

Looks like this season will be focused on dungeon exploration, which I'm glad about. Kinda felt recent seasons barely used the dungeon as most things happened in town.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
First episode dropped today apparently.

Looks like this season will be focused on dungeon exploration, which I'm glad about. Kinda felt recent seasons barely used the dungeon as most things happened in town.

Great 1st episode! Also glad they went back to dungeon crawling.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I really like Call of the Night mood (damn those nightscapes are pretty), but god does the MC have his head so far up his own ass. For a dude spiraling into escapism, you'd expect the guy to have REAL PROBLEMS leading up to it.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Call of the Night's manga is fairly far along and some recent chapters cover his family, friends, and their situations. So you do get a fully flushed out perspective as the plot moves along.

• 1Like