Summer 2023 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout

Genre: Animation

First aired: 2023-07-02

Cast: Hirofumi Nojima, Hitomi Ohwada, Takuma Terashima, Haruka Terui, Yuri Noguchi, Yui Kondo

Overview: Ryza is an ordinary girl. Tired of boring village life, she escapes the village to gather with her good friends in a secret location to talk of their dreams and plan thrilling adventures. One day, the determined Ryza and company decide to head for the forbidden "island across the shore" as their first exploration trip. Together with the alchemist and other friends they meet there, they have a "summer adventure" that they will never forget.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
New season is upon us... almost. Demon Slayer ended today, at least. Other shows have another week. Maybe 2. New season is coming, and it brings new possibilities.

summer-2023.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rurouni Kenshin
Horimiya
Jujutsu Kaisen
Zom 100
Quintessential Quintuplets

Nice. Should be a solid season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Absolutely into Kenshin. And it's going to be a 2-core run, so even better. I'm looking forward to this season. But then again, I look forward to every season.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Demon Slayer just ended. When does the new season start again?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
One show begins June 24th. Another June 29th. The majority begin July 1st -> 9th

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Fate Strange Fake.. omg..yes! July 2. Can't fucking wait. More Gil on Enkidu action.

Sugar Apple Fairy tale season 2? Holy shit that was FAST. S1 I think that was just in Winter. Looking forward to that. The watercolor type animation is beautiful.

Rurouni Kenshin - Looking forward to it.

Rent a Girlfriend S3. I had to stop at S2. I know people liked it though. I may give it a chance.

Dark gathering looks interesting. Will give it a chance.

More Devil is a part timer - The last season was kind of bland but I'll take it.

Misfit of Demon Academy looks like it's coming back from it's Hiatus on Aug 20. That'll be awhile.

Tenchi Muyo OVA (Relaunch?) on July 28th. As an Old Skool anime fan I'll check that out.

Gonna be a Busy season for me.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I loved Kenshin (used to have the entire first series on DVD), but I wasn't a big fan of the fire guy. Some bad guy that was either covered in burns, or was on fire. I don't recall exactly.

As a side note, my wife really liked the live action Kenshin movie.

EDIT: It was this asshole.
1687150463444.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I loved Kenshin (used to have the entire first series on DVD), but I wasn't a big fan of the fire guy. Some bad guy that was either covered in burns, or was on fire. I don't recall exactly.

View attachment 478627

IMO Shishio (this guy here) was the high point of the Kenshin anime. Series hit an apex for Kenshin vs Shishio circa episode 56-61 or so. I remember this because I looked it up not too long ago when I was wondering where I stopped watching. After Shishio it was all filler episodes and stuff until it petered out around episode 90. I think the last one I watched was 62 because people said nothing else happened after that.

So wait, they're doing a new adaptation of the Kenshin Manga (i.e. the show)? And I take it this Jinchu Arc is what happened after the show ended?

This and Dragonball are the only animes I could ever get into, would love to see more of both. Looks like the manga of that got like 5 more arcs after the shows ended.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

View attachment 478627
this is gonna be hard to top nostalgia

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Kenshin is by far one of my absolute favorite animes so that's going to be great. I watched the old series some time ago and it holds up well. Shit even the live action Kenshin movies are actually enjoyable. A+.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Kenshin is by far one of my absolute favorite animes so that's going to be great. I watched the old series some time ago and it holds up well. Shit even the live action Kenshin movies are actually enjoyable. A+.

It seems to just be a remake so I am not sure how/if they can top the Anime adaptation from before unless they remove all the filler, and yes Kenshin was a badass series us old school folks are gonna love to revisit. Back before faggots were running into area 51 with their arms-behind them pretending to make ninja handsigns at UFC fights and shit we had the O.G. Berserk anime, Kenshin, DBZ, Akira, and Ninja Scroll

and yes the Shishio arc was the climax of the series.

I still remember this badass video that came on most VHS and DVD's we might pick up to watch whatever new release was popping up at the time.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I still remember this badass video that came on most VHS and DVD's we might pick up to watch whatever new release was popping up at the time.

A borrowed VHS copy of Ghost in the Shell was my introduction to anime back in the day and it had that promo on it.

Makes me want to watch some old shows now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It seems to just be a remake so I am not sure how/if they can top the Anime adaptation from before unless they remove all the filler, and yes Kenshin was a badass series us old school folks are gonna love to revisit. Back before faggots were running into area 51 with their arms-behind them pretending to make ninja handsigns at UFC fights and shit we had the O.G. Berserk anime, Kenshin, DBZ, Akira, and Ninja Scroll

and yes the Shishio arc was the climax of the series.

Last berserk episode back in the day was my first exposure to WHAT THE FUCK JUST FUCKING HAPPENED HOLY FUCK WHAT?

4756207a8b62f45cf917c25e4fc7facfc06becb3r1-500-375_hq.gif

• 3Like

Fadaar

That guy
Last berserk episode back in the day was my first exposure to WHAT THE FUCK JUST FUCKING HAPPENED HOLY FUCK WHAT?

4756207a8b62f45cf917c25e4fc7facfc06becb3r1-500-375_hq.gif

thanks to fucking Eli809 Eli809 i skimmed through Berserk manga a while back. the Eclipse arc... wow yeah, that was a thing. i feel like 90% of the problems in Berserk could be solved by just leaving Casca at home.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What's kenshin, is that some forgettable anime people don't have time for like kaguya-sama?

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What's kenshin, is that some forgettable anime people don't have time for like kaguya-sama?
What? OG Kenshin is one of the most memorable animes of the late 90s era.

I am a whore for period piece settings like Edo in general and the story is quite good. Its like a reverse Shonen. Kenshin is already the one of the baddest swordsmen ever. He was part of the revolution that led to the Meiji Restoration and a key figure of it. But once the Emperor was restored he wandered into anonymity and refused to take up the blade in violence again. But certain groups seek him out and he has to deal with their shit.

Sword of the Stranger is kind of a homage to it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What? OG Kenshin is one of the most memorable animes of the late 90s era.

I am a whore for period piece settings like Edo in general and the story is quite good. Its like a reverse Shonen. Kenshin is already the one of the baddest swordsmen ever. He was part of the revolution that led to the Meiji Restoration and a key figure of it. But once the Emperor was restored he wandered into anonymity and refused to take up the blade in violence again. But certain groups seek him out and he has to deal with their shit.

Sword of the Stranger is kind of a homage to it.
Sounds super forgettable and not worth taking the time to watch, just like Kaguya-sama.

• 3Worf
TV show information provided by The Movie Database