Summer 2023 Anime Thread

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds super forgettable and not worth taking the time to watch, just like Kaguya-sama.

Who has time for Kaguya-sama when there are dozens of amazing and not at all carbon copy isekai to watch every season?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What? OG Kenshin is one of the most memorable animes of the late 90s era.

I am a whore for period piece settings like Edo in general and the story is quite good. Its like a reverse Shonen. Kenshin is already the one of the baddest swordsmen ever. He was part of the revolution that led to the Meiji Restoration and a key figure of it. But once the Emperor was restored he wandered into anonymity and refused to take up the blade in violence again. But certain groups seek him out and he has to deal with their shit.

Sword of the Stranger is kind of a homage to it.

Show had some badass characters in it too. The more I think about it the more I am down for a revisit.

WindyImpartialCrocodile-max-1mb.gif
sait%C5%8Dhajime-rurouni-kenshin.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
War on Geminar is the only Tenchi Muyo I've really watched, I found the setting to be a lot more interesting than the others.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Not gonna lie, the original Rurouni Kenshin was a great gateway drug into samurai stories. That first fight between Kenshin and Saitoh stands up to the best of the best 25 years later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched Kenshin, and then I watched Samurai Deeper Kyo... and then I wanted to watch every samurai anime

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Eli809

Trakanon Raider
thanks to fucking Eli809 Eli809 i skimmed through Berserk manga a while back. the Eclipse arc... wow yeah, that was a thing. i feel like 90% of the problems in Berserk could be solved by just leaving Casca at home.
Berserk for lifeeeeeee!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember waiting every week for the new episode to air. If I'm not mistaken (It's been a while), there was a different show called Witch Hunter Robin that aired during the same season that I liked. I've been watching anime way too long...

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Mushoku Tensei started airing season 2 today. I'll watch it a little later today, but I really liked season 1 (and the book), so my hopes are high.

The season has officially started. 7 or 8 new shows have already aired so far.

EDIT: Ok, so I watched the new episode of Mushoku Tensei (episode 00), and it appeared to be filler. I don't recall ever reading a story like that in the books. Maybe the author added it later, but it wasn't a piece of the web series that I read originally. That said, it wasn't "bad", per say, but it isn't what I was expecting. I look forward to the real first episode, though.

Last edited: