Summer 2023 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Mushoku Tensei started airing season 2 today. I'll watch it a little later today, but I really liked season 1 (and the book), so my hopes are high.

The season has officially started. 7 or 8 new shows have already aired so far.

EDIT: Ok, so I watched the new episode of Mushoku Tensei (episode 00), and it appeared to be filler. I don't recall ever reading a story like that in the books. Maybe the author added it later, but it wasn't a piece of the web series that I read originally. That said, it wasn't "bad", per say, but it isn't what I was expecting. I look forward to the real first episode, though.
It's in the manga. And I loved the episode. Pervert Tensei is back!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which Fate series goes back to like Mesopotamia when Gilgamesh was alive?

velk

Trakanon Raider
It's in the manga. And I loved the episode. Pervert Tensei is back!

If rape threats from a boss to their subordinates is presented as light-hearted teasing between friends, you may be watching an anime ;p

Also - what was with the sunglasses ? That seems like the least plausible disguise since Clark Kent.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which Fate series goes back to like Mesopotamia when Gilgamesh was alive?
Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia.

I recommend starting with Fate/Grand Order: First Order as it's the anime adaptation of the FGO prologue so you'll get some important background on Mash as well as the general premise of the FGO continuity. Babylonia is near the end of the original FGO storyline, they skipped the first five arcs, adapted arc 6 as the two Camelot movies (they're decent, Artoria is back as the villain again but she isn't Alter like in Heaven's Feel), and then arc 7 as the Babylonia series.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If rape threats from a boss to their subordinates is presented as light-hearted teasing between friends, you may be watching an anime ;p

Also - what was with the sunglasses ? That seems like the least plausible disguise since Clark Kent.
The disguise is to hide her basic identity. With her change in hair the only way someone else would identify her is by her face.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There is some anime about being reborn as a fucking vending machine. This shit is getting out of hand.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's how far they have to go to break new ground in the isekai genre because it's so absurdly over-saturated.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Juju episode went by far too fast. This season is set in the past it seems, should be fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's how far they have to go to break new ground in the isekai genre because it's so absurdly over-saturated.

...and Xarpolis will still watch every single one of them before Kaguya-sama.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well Kenshin and Jujutsu Kaisen just dropped about fucking time for something worth a damn.

giphy.gif

jujutsu-kaisen.gif

• 2Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
in all fairness, I've been waiting for vending machine to get an anime adaptation ever since I heard of the manga.

There's a lot of interesting isekai/reincarnation/similar setting light novels they could make into anime. For some reason a lot of the ones that do get made into anime are the bad ones. I really want them to animate Death Mage Who Doesn't Want a 4th Time and Lazy Dungeonmaster just to name a couple that come to mind. I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship, so I Became a Space Mercenary and I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire! are also good options, sci-fi with fantasy settings. There's also a lot of interesting KR stuff, and those seem to be getting animated more often now with Solo Leveling coming soon. A Returners Magic Should be Special is a good KR novel I'd like to see also.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Only weird ass one I liked and hope they do a 2nd season for it the Spider one.
Reborn as a sword was a really good one too. It had a lot of chances to go creepy and never did, and the animation was surprisingly high quality.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There's a lot of interesting isekai/reincarnation/similar setting light novels they could make into anime. For some reason a lot of the ones that do get made into anime are the bad ones. I really want them to animate Death Mage Who Doesn't Want a 4th Time and Lazy Dungeonmaster just to name a couple that come to mind. I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship, so I Became a Space Mercenary and I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire! are also good options, sci-fi with fantasy settings. There's also a lot of interesting KR stuff, and those seem to be getting animated more often now with Solo Leveling coming soon. A Returners Magic Should be Special is a good KR novel I'd like to see also.
theres a manga that deals w/ a mom that believes her son was isekai'd away and shes trying to find/cope w/ it by getting culturally enriched by her high school otaku.