Summer 2023 Anime Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why is Sylphie such an aspy that she pretends not to know who Rudeus is?
I mean we had a whole character arc where rudeus thought a female was a male, so why not have the exact same character arc with the exact same character. I’m standing firmly behind my comment that rudeus is just a retard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He hasn't seen her in years and would not expect her hair to be white, plus everyone is treating her like a guy for the bodyguard disguise so I don't fault him for not realizing by appearance.

But personality and voice, in reality people would notice that very quickly. One longer conversation and you would have to start suspecting. But she does get Ariel's "blessing" to break the persona and they even help out with the reveal so it's not a decision she can/would make on a whim.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He hasn't seen her in years and would not expect her hair to be white, plus everyone is treating her like a guy for the bodyguard disguise so I don't fault him for not realizing by appearance.

But personality and voice, in reality people would notice that very quickly. One longer conversation and you would have to start suspecting. But she does get Ariel's "blessing" to break the persona and they even help out with the reveal so it's not a decision she can/would make on a whim.
Maybe longer conversations, but it's real easy to not notice someone. You feel something "familiar" about them, but you can't connect the dots. And if that person isn't giving you anything to latch onto, you're not going to make the connection. Have you ever seen like a teacher or dentist at the grocery store? You know damn well who they are, but you just can't place it. In addition to that, he hasn't seen her since he was a child. Granted, he's only a teen now, but he was young as shit when they were separated.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I mean we had a whole character arc where rudeus thought a female was a male, so why not have the exact same character arc with the exact same character. I’m standing firmly behind my comment that rudeus is just a retard.

Nah man, it is literally impossible to recognize someone wearing sunglasses regardless of how well you know them.

• 2Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Nah man, it is literally impossible to recognize someone wearing sunglasses regardless of how well you know them.
It was totally a missed opportunity when he didn’t recognize her by the smell of the panties. That was my instant thought when he picked them up and I was VERY disappointed.

• 2Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Did she throw them to him by "accident" or what?

Hard for me to put into words how on brand it is for Rudeus and friends to buy a slave girl so they can use her to make figurines.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yea, Zom 100 is just top shelf in every regard. Just a blast to watch with everything that's constantly going on in the animation, and definitely the show I'm looking forward to most this season. Everything about the show is just fun.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's goofy and kind of stupid but agreed it's fun. An anime that doesn't take itself very seriously is a nice change of pace, and at least it's not another fucking isekai.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Watched Mech Cadets on Netflix. Thought it was fine, nothing spectacular. It is the standard alien invasion with mecha type anime. Apparently it is taken from a comic series.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was totally a missed opportunity when he didn’t recognize her by the smell of the panties. That was my instant thought when he picked them up and I was VERY disappointed.
It wasn't her panties though, so its understandable, plus they had just been washed and were being dried.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It wasn't her panties though, so its understandable, plus they had just been washed and were being dried.
That was just the girls assuming things, if rudeus had known better I’d have gone with his expert opinion.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mech Cadets on Netflix - Passable story direction - but the uncanny animation captivates me

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Kidnap some beast girls until they pee themselves over a figurine.

Pedo tensei... God damn.

• 2Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Kidnap some beast girls until they pee themselves over a figurine.

Pedo tensei... God damn.
Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a lot more to this incident that the anime glossed over. In the novel, the beast girls were huge bullies of the school, outright torturing other students and destroying all of their property. This was a equal and opposite reaction, as opposed to Rudy being a savage that is terrorizing others. Additionally, at this point in the book, no one reading knew that Fitz was Sylphy. But the people watching are fully aware, which is what makes Rudy come off foolishly.

Anyway, regarding the beast girls, because they are beast girls, survival of the fittest is a thing. Rudy showed them that he was the dominant by easily defeating them in battle (not the kidnapping), which is why they started referring to him as boss or master.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And the part where he makes them submit to the holy relic panties he's been hoarding? That in the manga too?

I do love the little pagoda he made for them though. lol.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
And the part where he makes them submit to the holy relic panties he's been hoarding? That in the manga too?

I do love the little pagoda he made for them though. lol.
Yes. Anime has been very faithful to the story, and the manga is too. Or so I hear. I don't read LNs.