Summer 2023 Anime Thread

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So these episodes of JJK seem to be showcasing Gojo's awakening and Geto's breaking?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If that's the level of cringe we stay at this season i'm fine with it.

AI gene is pretty fucking good so far btw, i'd recommend a watch on that.
Truth.

Still has the best character development of really any anime I've watched. Stellar show.

Rudeus going limp dick on Sara. lol.

Zom 100 is awesome. Visually great and the way the dude just yolos the zombie apocalypse is not something I really expected in well. Anything.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did this get posted yet..

I'm so fucking excited for this. Bebop is my #1 all-time anime and Champloo is definitely top 10. Plus, the John Wick dude being on board as well sounds interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Did this get posted yet..

I'm so fucking excited for this. Bebop is my #1 all-time anime and Champloo is definitely top 10. Plus, the John Wick dude being on board as well sounds interesting.
Was hoping Yoko Kanno was doing the ST, but even without her that jazz did evoke a twinge of Cowboy Bebop. Will watch.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I guess they're delaying the Zom 100 4th episode until tomorrow in the US because there was nudity or something. It aired in Japan already, but not here.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Mushoku Tensei was another great episode today. Watching it I feel awe. It's such a good fucking story. This is probably my #1 anime ever at this point, even though I like so many others. And realistically, there wasn't anything too special about this episode, but I just like the overall story. It's strange, but watching it gives me hope.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So now that animedao is gonzo where do people go for shows not on crunchyroll? That aniwatch.to site linked earlier is... garbage

• 1Cringe

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mushoku Tensei was another great episode today. Watching it I feel awe. It's such a good fucking story. This is probably my #1 anime ever at this point, even though I like so many others. And realistically, there wasn't anything too special about this episode, but I just like the overall story. It's strange, but watching it gives me hope.
The use of the intro/outro as space to advance the story with visual storytelling is so good. Lets them shorten down the boring trekking/sports-training-montage stuff without losing the sense of time/world.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Absolutely. I'm looking forward to next week's episode also. Rudy kicks ass at the Magic School. And I saw Fitz briefly in this episode. Rudy will re-introduce themselves with Fitz (Sylphy) once they get to school.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Did my weekly CR binge, and fuck yeah. Pervert Tensei getting better and better. This arc is pretty fun, even the pointless school bits. The Sacred Relic continues its pilgrimage.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pedo Tensei is some seriously cringe shit. Save his family? Nah fuck that, we got priorities, Let the quest to solve his erectile dysfunction begin! This show manages to be the most uncomfortable show to enjoy too consistently.

• 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pedo Tensei is some seriously cringe shit. Save his family? Nah fuck that, we got priorities, Let the quest to solve his erectile dysfunction begin! This show manages to be the most uncomfortable show to enjoy too consistently.
When literal god shows up and tells you to do it you may want to give it some consideration. Just saying. The ED boner bonus part just makes it easier for him to accept.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While Hitogami's advice is always self-serving and usually laced with lies, he is still believed when he claims misfortune will occur if Rudy goes to Begaritt. Dangling an extra carrot incentive on top makes it an easier choice.

The alternate possibilities are revealed later on in the novel where the misfortune is for Hitogami who fears Rudeus and Roxy's future child, so he is actively trying to prevent Rudy from meeting up with her. Sending him to the Magic Academy had a high chance of him hooking up with other women and either delaying or preventing a relationship with Roxy. and the followup advice and choice offered deals with whether Rudy should stay away from Begaritt a second time. After those events Hitogami claims if Rudy made the alternate choice they all would have survived and his mother saved. Q&A by the author said this was a lie by Hitogami and everyone involved would have died.