Summer 2026 Anime Thread

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
4,678
4,122
I liked Heavy Knight initially, and I'm not ready to give up yet, but goddamn the latest episodes are 90% talking about how they will kill one enemy, and the rest of the episode is them fighting it with zero surprises.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
16,836
19,214
Man, Blind Girl slice of life did her dirty yesterday. While I like the show, I'm not heavily enough invested in it to claim feels. They certainly tried, but it was lost on me.
She went blind because of cancer, and it's still present. Oh, and she can just forget everything that's happened to her lately. So much for the dude falling for her.

Honestly, that Love Me Till You're Dead witch soldiers show tried to hit you with feels as well.
 

Nulolan

Lord Nagafen Raider
322
178
I liked Heavy Knight initially, and I'm not ready to give up yet, but goddamn the latest episodes are 90% talking about how they will kill one enemy, and the rest of the episode is them fighting it with zero surprises.

I liked today's episode better.
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6,466
6,465
We've been really enjoying solo camping for two, I remember some of you saying it was good. The art style is growing on me.

It makes me want to eat and drink though! Kinda like watching delicious in dungeon, you just wanna pig out and drink beer!
 
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
2,479
7,290
Since I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, I've been enjoying Link Click. Technically a donghua rather than strictly an anime.

Very bittersweet drama. I know that time travel is a trope that some don't like, though, so if it isn't, it may not be your thing.
 

Leon

<Silver Donator>
5,964
19,747
Since I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, I've been enjoying Link Click. Technically a donghua rather than strictly an anime.

Very bittersweet drama. I know that time travel is a trope that some don't like, though, so if it isn't, it may not be your thing.
I think people don't mention it cause it's not new at this point.

It's a very good show.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
48,803
198,117
Probably the best thread to post this in for the moment. Easily one of my faves growing up, extremely hyped.

 
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
16,836
19,214
The new episode of blind girl in college was even more "in the feels" than last week. I really like the show, but I'm glad I'm not too connected to it, outside of enjoying the overall story. But they keep shitting on the blind girl more and more. I feel like the only thing they can add is that next week, we'll somehow discover that her cancer is contagious or something, so now she has to be isolated from all human contact. Oh well, I'll continue watching.
 

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
<Bronze Donator>
32,748
64,623
Livid Lady does not fuck around. Her revenge is fucking brutal,
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
16,836
19,214
So I ended up finding all 5-translated volumes of Exiled Heavy Knight's light novel. I'm only about 30% into the first book, but it's 100% the same as the show. Just faster. They aren't dwelling on how well it's animated, so the story just moves. I'm at the point now where they're about to start hunting the metal frogs. I hope to be able to spoil myself (I won't share any of it) before the episode aires on Thursday. I suspect I'll be able to accomplish this goal.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
<Bronze Donator>
32,748
64,623
Snake tiddies continues to entertain. The artist is actually pretty good. Not sure if the HHH cups on all the teachers and Dera-san is their fetish or something else, but .... I'm okay with this either way!
 
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
16,836
19,214
Smoking Behind the Supermarket. They should just fuck and get it over with. I still like the show.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Doin' Too Much
<Gold Donor>
10,897
13,870
I'm sure I'm behind because I only watch dubs when they are available, but holy fuck the last episode (the golden toad one) of Heavy Knight was completely fucking worthless. An entire episode of: 3 minutes of recap from the last episode, then 3 minutes of both intro and outro, another minute of recap from 20 seconds ago at the midpoint, and then almost the entire rest of the episode was the jester chick making weird faces and screaming. And then a minute of killing the frog and getting the loot.

I want to like the show, the premise is right in my zone, but Jesus Christ nothing happens. It makes me want to punch my TV.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
16,836
19,214
I'm sure I'm behind because I only watch dubs when they are available, but holy fuck the last episode (the golden toad one) of Heavy Knight was completely fucking worthless. An entire episode of: 3 minutes of recap from the last episode, then 3 minutes of both intro and outro, another minute of recap from 20 seconds ago at the midpoint, and then almost the entire rest of the episode was the jester chick making weird faces and screaming. And then a minute of killing the frog and getting the loot.

I want to like the show, the premise is right in my zone, but Jesus Christ nothing happens. It makes me want to punch my TV.
It's gonna get worse. The episode 2 after that gives a rundown of the entire dungeon before catching up to the episode from the week before. It's a beautiful show, but the episodes are astonishingly fast.
 
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user