Summer Olympics 2021

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's his fucking life. You might have a point if he'd walked out on the team in the middle of the NBA finals, which is essentially what Biles did.
pretty much, he doesnt owe the team to come back next season. he did owe them to finish the current season, which he did. Jordan is likely the greatest basketball player of all time and that cant ever be taken away from him. its not his problem if the rest of the team sucked without him and couldnt make it happen when he took a break.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
And covered up the issues by finding none? I think maybe they suspected something bad, but was there ever any evidence of anything more than a rich and competitive guy making things interesting with what seemed like a lot of money but amounted to pocket change to him?

You think the league was going to throw the dude carrying the league on his back under the bus?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there was also the conspiracy theory that Jordan's dad was murdered due to his gambling. pretty sure that was debunked, but it was a hot rumor at the time.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh yea, MJ totally bitched out all the time. Simone biles is literally in the same situation. That’s totally a fair comparison.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
You think the league was going to throw the dude carrying the league on his back under the bus?

Are we just going to ask increasingly accusatory questions until we both call the other person a retard?

I was asking a legit basic question because I didn't remember any indications there was much to the hoping stuff but never really dug deep into it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Oh yea, MJ totally bitched out all the time. Simone biles is literally in the same situation. That’s totally a fair comparison.

Are you saying they're not both black athletes and the top of their respective sports?!?!?!?!?!

Now Biles bitches out all the time? Huh? That's a weird false exaggeration to make your point.

Olympics are fun. Remember when Ryan Lochte was a national disgrace and should have been stripped of medals?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
there was also the conspiracy theory that Jordan's dad was murdered due to his gambling. pretty sure that was debunked, but it was a hot rumor at the time.

Fake news before we fully understood the depths of depravity the media would stoop too. Such a simpler time.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This fucking mental health bullshit is terrible for our country. This is the beginning of a VERY slippery slope towards being a nation full of trans-queer hurty feeling social justice masters that arent capable of overcoming challenges, as they wont even recognize a challenge because they will just deem whatever obstacle they encounter as "racist" or "toxic".

The hard times create hard men, hard men create good times, and good times create soft men meme is so fucking true.

Its time for a new war.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So my ex gf is competing for her country (not USA) in her sport. If she wins maybe I’ll give her a second chance.
We are all rooting for her. Good luck bro.

1627472413680.jpeg

• 13Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 14 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
LEL. I said hours ago people would start calling her a hero for quitting, and I was right.

Just you wait, she's going to do individual competition, and people will be calling her comeback heroic. I bet her team mates won't be calling her that.

What a world we live in, where quitters are called heroes and are praised for throwing their team under the bus.

This is the same woman who claims she's GOAT.
Yeah the news this morning was nothing but how brave she was for prioritizing her mental health over her sport, etc. Nothing about bailing on team mates, just the anchors and teammates calling her a brave hero and role model (for the walkout, not for being so good at her sport). They also flashed snippets of headlines and they were all praise.

Absolutely baffling that we praise failure as a strength now (exempting straight white men of course).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Svetlana Horkina had a shit first day at the Olympics back in 2004 or whatever. She came back the next day and cleaned up.

But she did shit and walked out of the athlete village and her team couldn't find her.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Svetlana Horkina had a shit first day at the Olympics back in 2004 or whatever. She came back the next day and cleaned up.

But she did shit and walked out of the athlete village and her team couldn't find her.

But even here she finished the day before bailing. There is no way this is the first instance of a competitor quitting mid-event for no physical reason; but it is rare as fuck because 99% of all competitors realize that this is less about them and more about their country.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe I'm going to actually defend modern sissy athletes, but here goes nothing....

Biles cracked under pressure, for sure, but I don't fully blame her. It's a definite 'life comes at you fast' moment, but my main issue is with the lying as media trying to whitewash the incident and blame everyone else and make excuses and all the things they always do to avoid basic reporting. In the interview I saw, Biles wasn't making excuses, admitted she screwed up because she was frustrated, and then tried to get the interview back to the team and their accomplishment. Maybe it was just deflection, but I saw her after-the-incident reactions as being pretty professional and classy, so she gets credit there.

People who are fans have been concerned for a long time. I guess she had been caught on camera earlier in the year, during competitions, saying she wished she'd just die and shit. Something was going on, and the question becomes was anyone addressing it? I mean, yeah, she's the one that snapped, but there's also an entire organization involved that ignored minors being diddled for years and other abuses. Did they also ignore a gymnast seeming very down on herself, and for many months now, to the point she was expressing suicidal thoughts out load with cameras and teammates around? I give her credit for going out there and continuing to work when maybe she shouldn't have.

Her pushing through personal issues or mental health issues didn't work out and she broke under pressure, but shit happens and she doesn't have a history of quitting or being selfish or anything like that. It was literally a breaking point, not one of a long history of tantrums. She's not typically a detriment to the team or a problem. Something caused her to crack, and she freaked out. Then she didn't blame everyone else or make up an injury. In an interview where the interviewer was trying to sugar coat she didn't go along with excuses or anything, just owned up to it and shifted to making sure the team was getting praise and recognition they deserved.

If she shouldn't be allowed to compete going forward, it should be because she's still struggling with whatever issues caused her to break. I don't believe in punishing her just for snapping when she's been pretty solid in the past and doesn't have a history of selfish bullshit.

Same with Naomi Osaka, who is a bit more prone to drama, but as I recall it she had been having anxiety issues, specifically tried to get permission to not do certain interviews and media appearances because of it, and I swear I remember was told she wouldn't have to, and then when she got there they were like just kidding you have a contract we lied to get you here suck it up. And to her credit, she just said that's fine and quit. It's not like she demanded pay or to get special treatment that I remember, when, if she's having legit medical or mental health issues, I'm actually okay with some amount of accommodation for that, especially for younger athletes.

It sucks and is kinda lame our society is so soft, but mental health issues are still issues. I guess the decision we make as a society is if we think they're legit reasons to be taken seriously medically, or just part of the job so fuck you deal with it. The argument is that we've all had stress in our jobs. We've also all had jobs where our bosses probably didn't give a shit if we called in sick because of it, and probably had resources that would support us, and if we were cracking under pressure would probably be bitching or suing if our bosses were like sorry, sucks to be you, nobody cares, now get out there in front of the entire fucking world and try not to disappoint 350 million people!

Shit situation and both deserve some measure of blame (and even a little ridicule), but even as the asshole I am I'm not going to put as much blame and direct as much ire at either Biles (or Naomi Osaka) as some people are. I don't see the need to punish Biles for choking and not let her compete individually (though I have some concerns about her mental health and whether it's smart. If she can manage it, it's still her spot and would be an awesome story and good on her.

The media are shitheels and can get fucked for enabling our coddled society that uses and abuses and forgets athletes at their leisure. And all the organizations involved seem fucked up and could use some changes so they stop being so dysfunctional and abusive, especially when so many athletes are minors who've been under the umbrella of these organizations since they were kids and keep getting diddled, for instance. And the Olympics have sucked anyway, especially because of Covid that I think fucked over a lot of these athletes regarding training and mental health like a lot of especially young people with Covid hysteria.

I guess I see them as defective products of our society, not the cause of societal issues, so will cut them some slack.

If she is having legit issues, she should have just stayed home. No one would have say anything if she would have withdrawn at the Olympic trials. Just fake an injury and gracefully reject the Olympic invitation. But she decided to accept the invitation and go to Tokyo.

Athletes should not be coddled, nor accommodated for any kind of issue. If you don't have the mental capacity to handle the pressure, we call that choking under pressure and it is OK, that is what makes the difference between winners in sports and losers. But call it like it is. Don't piss on me and tell me its raining.

Don't cut them any slack. Simone should be called out for what she did. She quitted, plain and simple. Something that I actually can relate to. I have quitted many many things in life, I 100% understand what Simone felt like, because we all have felt pressure in our life, and I have personally quitted under pressure several times. But you can not pretend that it was to "mental health"

Don't go if you cant handle it. Simple. And if you go and you cant perform 100% that is fine, but at least perform, try it.

Fucking Ronaldo had seizures, fucking bonafide epileptic seizures prior to the final in 1998, still showed up and gave it a try. That is what true mettle is, what she did was not leadership, it was cowardice.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Apparently even male athletes are weak ass pussies as well. Thanks Liberals!!!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the news this morning was nothing but how brave she was for prioritizing her mental health over her sport, etc. Nothing about bailing on team mates, just the anchors and teammates calling her a brave hero and role model (for the walkout, not for being so good at her sport). They also flashed snippets of headlines and they were all praise.

Absolutely baffling that we praise failure as a strength now (exempting straight white men of course).
Right wing media outlets are rightfully calling her a quitter at least.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can't believe I'm going to actually defend modern sissy athletes, but here goes nothing....

Biles cracked under pressure, for sure, but I don't fully blame her. It's a definite 'life comes at you fast' moment, but my main issue is with the lying as media trying to whitewash the incident and blame everyone else and make excuses and all the things they always do to avoid basic reporting. In the interview I saw, Biles wasn't making excuses, admitted she screwed up because she was frustrated, and then tried to get the interview back to the team and their accomplishment. Maybe it was just deflection, but I saw her after-the-incident reactions as being pretty professional and classy, so she gets credit there.

People who are fans have been concerned for a long time. I guess she had been caught on camera earlier in the year, during competitions, saying she wished she'd just die and shit. Something was going on, and the question becomes was anyone addressing it? I mean, yeah, she's the one that snapped, but there's also an entire organization involved that ignored minors being diddled for years and other abuses. Did they also ignore a gymnast seeming very down on herself, and for many months now, to the point she was expressing suicidal thoughts out load with cameras and teammates around? I give her credit for going out there and continuing to work when maybe she shouldn't have.

Her pushing through personal issues or mental health issues didn't work out and she broke under pressure, but shit happens and she doesn't have a history of quitting or being selfish or anything like that. It was literally a breaking point, not one of a long history of tantrums. She's not typically a detriment to the team or a problem. Something caused her to crack, and she freaked out. Then she didn't blame everyone else or make up an injury. In an interview where the interviewer was trying to sugar coat she didn't go along with excuses or anything, just owned up to it and shifted to making sure the team was getting praise and recognition they deserved.

If she shouldn't be allowed to compete going forward, it should be because she's still struggling with whatever issues caused her to break. I don't believe in punishing her just for snapping when she's been pretty solid in the past and doesn't have a history of selfish bullshit.

Same with Naomi Osaka, who is a bit more prone to drama, but as I recall it she had been having anxiety issues, specifically tried to get permission to not do certain interviews and media appearances because of it, and I swear I remember was told she wouldn't have to, and then when she got there they were like just kidding you have a contract we lied to get you here suck it up. And to her credit, she just said that's fine and quit. It's not like she demanded pay or to get special treatment that I remember, when, if she's having legit medical or mental health issues, I'm actually okay with some amount of accommodation for that, especially for younger athletes.

It sucks and is kinda lame our society is so soft, but mental health issues are still issues. I guess the decision we make as a society is if we think they're legit reasons to be taken seriously medically, or just part of the job so fuck you deal with it. The argument is that we've all had stress in our jobs. We've also all had jobs where our bosses probably didn't give a shit if we called in sick because of it, and probably had resources that would support us, and if we were cracking under pressure would probably be bitching or suing if our bosses were like sorry, sucks to be you, nobody cares, now get out there in front of the entire fucking world and try not to disappoint 350 million people!

Shit situation and both deserve some measure of blame (and even a little ridicule), but even as the asshole I am I'm not going to put as much blame and direct as much ire at either Biles (or Naomi Osaka) as some people are. I don't see the need to punish Biles for choking and not let her compete individually (though I have some concerns about her mental health and whether it's smart. If she can manage it, it's still her spot and would be an awesome story and good on her.

The media are shitheels and can get fucked for enabling our coddled society that uses and abuses and forgets athletes at their leisure. And all the organizations involved seem fucked up and could use some changes so they stop being so dysfunctional and abusive, especially when so many athletes are minors who've been under the umbrella of these organizations since they were kids and keep getting diddled, for instance. And the Olympics have sucked anyway, especially because of Covid that I think fucked over a lot of these athletes regarding training and mental health like a lot of especially young people with Covid hysteria.

I guess I see them as defective products of our society, not the cause of societal issues, so will cut them some slack.
Fair point in a vacuum, but do you think anyone dare touches this snowflake and suggests she get help in the current SJW ridden environment? Do you think she even remotely gets to this point if the media and sycophants following this are not pushing "muh diversity" ? Remember when the Williams bitch went full chimp out at that one tournament how anyone critical of her was labeled a racist and slandered? Crazy bitch with everyone sniffing her farts and telling her how good they smell had one bad day and reacted like any other spoiled turd would, putting herself (since I am sure she will stunningly and bravely still do her individual shit after a miracle recovery) ahead of the team is the real story here. She could have walked at any point, but she selfishly waited until she was having an off day to fuck over the team, her country, and whatever person got bumped to make room for her nutty ass.