Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just spent 200k and couldn't get a 5* rune to 9, is it normal ? Did they remove the stone to make rune upgrade easier btw ? Haven't seen any in a while now.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just started playing this. It's a lot like Hello Hero, except that it seems easier to advance guys in this game (w/o spending money). The only thing I can't figure out is why I sometimes get double xp/mana and sometimes I don't.

Gurgeh

It's a special event, check in the event page, you get double xp/mana 4 times a day for an hour.

OneofOne

Wow that seems like a string a bad luck there Gurgeh, but yeah, I can see that. You don't want to know what I've spent so far *not* taking a 6* from 10 to 11. And the upgrade stones were just for a special event which is now over, and they deleted any not used by a certain date, which has passed.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Looks like my first 6* will (within a few weeks, hopefully) be my Water Witch. RNG continues to hate me - I have gotten 7 natural 4*, of which 2 have been water jokers and 2 have been water ninjas. Just got 2 4* witches (wind), and i have a lvl 24 3* fire witch. So I'll get them to 5*, get two more 5* fodders, evolve the W. Witch and get 3 skills

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Where is everyone getting their 4* fodder to evolve stuff with? I am nowhere close to even having enough just to evolve my Inugami to 5* much less anything else.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
If you have any Rainbow Angelmons, pump ALL 1* and bad 2* monsters you get from scrolls into them.

If you have that building that gives xp per hour, place all Rainbow Angelmons in it. The xp is paltry, but you'll the first few levels very quickly and the accumulation can help.

If you're spending your energy predominantly in Cairos, weigh the benefits of its runes/awakening materials with its energy cost and the unfavorable comparison between the xp you get there and the xp you get from Faimon 1.

Have the fewest max level monsters accompany you as possible wherever you go and fill the extra slots with lower level monsters.

Use all friends' monsters every day. Most of them (most of mine, anyway) are very powerful and can substitute for a max-level monster you'd otherwise have to bring with you. The xp per monster is higher since the friend monster doesn't take its share. In other words you're dividing the same numerator by a smaller denominator.

EDIT:

Be sure to take advantage of as many 2x xp hours as you can until the event ends.

And if you have luck as shitty as mine, and if you tend toward in-app-purchases as I sometimes do, you might find you get better returns on refilling your energy in lieu of mystical scrolls. Definitely go for the scrolls until you have a stable of decent 2 and 3* monsters though.

OneofOne

I'm just making my own from Rainbowmons, Angelmons and whatever 1-2-3*trash is laying around. I'm still trying to guess if that "24 3* fire witch" was a typo... lol

Oh, and looking at the Rune page, do I understand correctly that Accuracy % primary runes are ONLY in slot 6?

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Where is everyone getting their 4* fodder to evolve stuff with? I am nowhere close to even having enough just to evolve my Inugami to 5* much less anything else.
Most of mine are simply hellhounds. Run faimon 1 a ton, evolve hellhounds all the way to 4* using other hellhounds as fodder. I don't see the advantage to using rainbows since they can't be used in combat. Feeding a ton of fodder to 3* angelmon is expensive. I feed my junk from unknown scrolls into...guess what....2* hellhounds.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Most of mine are simply hellhounds. Run faimon 1 a ton, evolve hellhounds all the way to 4* using other hellhounds as fodder. I don't see the advantage to using rainbows since they can't be used in combat. Feeding a ton of fodder to 3* angelmon is expensive. I feed my junk from unknown scrolls into...guess what....2* hellhounds.
Is taking a hellhound to 4 less expensive then taking an angelmon? I always kind of figured that the costs for a level were the same, regardless of the creature? So by feeding a rainbow angelmon to 4, you basically would be skipping all of level 2 that you need to do for a hellhound, no??

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You really only save by pulling the max level rainbow and immediately evolving it. Everything I've ever seen has the same xp curve regardless, so you can farm Faimon with your stuff for combat xp, but can't use your angels in combat so either feed them food from drops, scroll pulls, or the farm. Honestly my fodder are the two star silver so they're easy to pick out.

Thengel

Is taking a hellhound to 4 less expensive then taking an angelmon? I always kind of figured that the costs for a level were the same, regardless of the creature? So by feeding a rainbow angelmon to 4, you basically would be skipping all of level 2 that you need to do for a hellhound, no??
They are the same exp-wise. The difference is that you can take hellhounds into combat. Rainbows you would have to force feed all the way up. It's cheaper to feed fodder to a 2* than to a 3*, so I prefer to force feed my hellhounds all the junk, then level them up in combat. I never feed any junk to anything above 2 stars, as the mana cost per feeding goes up the higher star level they are.

OneofOne

Curious on your guys' opinions on any version of the Amazon, Magical Archer, Bounty Hunter, and Grim Reaper. I know what the chart says but I'm just not feeling any of them that I've tried. Am I missing some super awesomeness or can I easily assign them to food status?

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I used Fire Amazon for a long time - its single target damage is fuckin' crazy. People swear the water version is superior, but I didn't really find that to be the case. As for Grim, only tried Light. He's got insanely high attack, but they've given him abilities that just don't do enough damage. And his attack a second + third (ad infinitum) time isn't triggered as often as the Fire Inugami's is, so he's a shitty imitation thereof.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've got the wind Magical Archer, and she was pretty good early on, but has fallen off a bit lately. Granted, she's not awakened, max level or runed quite as well as my go-to creatures, but while she does pretty good damage at times, it seems like she's pretty fragile. Doing all those 3 things to her will obviously help that some, particularly if I get some decent sub-stats on runes, but it seems like she's still a glass cannon build for the most part.

I have a Light Amazon that is rated well, but honestly I haven't done anything but level her on the double xp times so can't really give a good review. I know she has a decent little stun attack, but I couldn't even tell you how often it is usable. According to the rankings she's tied with Dark Amazon for best, but why that is, dunno.

Never used Bounty Hunters or Grim Reapers for anything but fodder.

By the way, that Reddit page on this game has a Daily Monster Discussion where they comment on all the different flavors of a particular monster, and while not always helpful, it can be. They also have a convenient list at the top now that links to previous discussions. Pretty sure the Magical Archer and Amazon have been discussed, maybe the others too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pulled 4* Fire Ninja from my event reward scroll. Not 100% sure I want to keep it or feed away, even based on Reddit advice threads. Don't see him replacing my Wind Ninja for arena or dungeons, or building a team around him just to hang on. Like my fire team as it is and fire ninja probably doesn't seem to greatly increase the value of it.

On another note I'm now completely broke on Mana. Not sure what it was all spent on to be honest. A couple of 5* runes from magic shop, two or three 2* monsters when I really wanted to evo a feeder (or skill up an imp)... oh never mind just realized those 5* runes went to +12 which took way too much. Need to seriously invest in my mana stone generation and warehouse.

Thengel

Fire ninja sucks. I'm jealous you have a wind ninja to feed him to, mine will just rot forever. I've read of teams using him as a speed lead combined with fire e priest for fast invuln but....mehhhhh. feed to wind and don't look back imo.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Just threw 200k mana into make a 5* Fatal Rune into a +12... I consider that really lucky. Now my Raoq has 1315 attack and 12k hp. Monstermode engaged! He will be my first 6* I think, but I have a bout 20 4*s that I need to consolidate and figure out where I want to go with. There are just SO many niche monsters.

Just looking through my 5*/4*s I have:
5* Awoken Water Epikion Priest (Rina)
5* Awoken Fire Inugami (Raoq)
5* Wind Oracle

4* Water Bounty Hunter (my first ever 4*... sentimental but will probably fodder him)
4* Water Fairy (my original fairy... also sentimental but will probably fodder her?)
4* Awoken Fire Serpent (Fao) Don't see any use for him whatsoever
4* Fire Phantom Thief who I hear is a beast... just not sure where I fit him into my teams yet.
4* Awoken Fire Rakshasa (Hwa) she IS a beast and I use her for my regular Giants b6 autofarm team.
4* Wind Death Knight who I want to re-rune completely because I hear he is a monster for defensive arena teams. Currently have him HP runed out but he is kinda meh.
4* Water Ninja my first 4* mystic scroll pull... but he isn't that useful now, but was a beast when I was just starting.
4* Water Vampire who I hear is nice? But no clue where to fit her into my team setup.
4* Awoken Water Infernal (Purian) Who I need to rune out as part of my B10 Farming Team(tm)
4* Awoken Water Witch (Megan) Who is a staple in all of my teams, but I don't really need to get her past 4* since her usefulness is already at its peak.
4* Water Slyph Who is also a staple in most of my teams runed with Despair because he is an AOE powerhouse.
4* Water Inugami who I've stopped using entirely.
3x 4* Water Imps (Flynn) Who are also a part of my B10 Farming Team (tm)
4* Awoken Light Fairy (Neal) Who rounds out my B10 Farming Team (tm)
4* Light Pierret who I pulled with a light/dark scroll but have no clue where to fit her.
4* Fire Kung Fu Girl who has nice arena possibilites but I haven't had time to rune her or awaken her (which gives her her 3rd skill)'
4* Water Rakshasa just because I pulled her from a mystic and was running out of fodder to level. She might be good? Somehow?
4* Dark Amazon who I hear destroys defensive based arena units but I haven't runed her or awoken her yet.
4* Fire Nine-Tailed Fox from the event.
4* Wind Nine-Tailed Fox who I don't know what to do with.
4* Awoken Wind Inugami (Ramahan) I pulled him as a nat awoken but no clue what to do with him.
4* Wind Rakshasa also pulled her yesterday from a scroll and no clue what to do with her.
4* Fire Witch (plan on feeding her to my Megan)
4* Wind Slyph (hear he is good?)
4* Wind Witch (plan on feeding her to my Megan)

Jeez... so much shit.