Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I got my first Mystical Scroll wish today, and it was a water serpent!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming the Wind Valkyrja from the fusion is worth having? I have all the requisite pieces (not ready by any means, I just possess them) except a Wind Inferno, which I've foddered countless times of course. Just wondering if it is worth awakening and leveling all that shit for it. I've got tons of other "pretty good" stuff I could be leveling, but I doubt much of it is on the same tier as the Valkyrja...but I have only ever borrowed one from a friend, never actually used it on a consistent basis. Part of the reason I ask is because they are taking up a decent amount of space keeping all of them. Thoughts?

Or do I just say fuck it and level the B10 farming crew? Sort of lacking a ton of high level runes. I have a fully leveled and decently runed Light Fairy, have the water inferno and one imp but they need a lot of work, still need two more water imps, but hopefully that won't take too long to get while working on the others.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I have no idea whether the monster is or isn't worth it, but I will tell you I've never even considered making one. I'd rather just 6* a unit I already have.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
The wind Valkyrie is very good when paired with a monster that grant invulnerability. It can gib a water team in one round. It does require optimal team makeup though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Gah, I hate to just fodder all those monsters in case I ever change my mind, but yeah I don't think I have the patience to build yet another team specifically to support that one...particularly after I practically build yet another team just to fuse it. Gonna focus on Giant farming team and be happy with that I think.

Thanks for the input!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just curious how large a stash of Unknown Scrolls you guys got. I have 328 right now, but for a while there I was good at using 'em all up, so I *know* some of you must have a lot more.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Just curious how large a stash of Unknown Scrolls you guys got. I have 328 right now, but for a while there I was good at using 'em all up, so I *know* some of you must have a lot more.
I'm so fucking sick of this game yielding zero return for substantial investment that I'm now completely f2p, and I'm finding Unknowns are pretty useful. A 3* now and again, and pretty common 2*'s that I can level up quickly for fodder. I generally wait until I have ~50, then summon them all.

OneofOne

Join me in the "buy one every 75 crystals" club and drastically lower your disappointment!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mistwalkers didn't want you anyway Superhiro! I kid, we're the scrub guild
frown.png

I usually use up my Unknown Scrolls pretty quickly. They are a great source of skill ups for Giant farming imps, among other things.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I think you're in sir. New upgrade is swell. Unannounced is two new tank type 3 star monsters. I'm a bit iffy on the new runes, but having an arena defense of all ramagos with shield runes would be humorous. (120% shield)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I realize you were just making an amusing hypothetical, but I practically salivate when I see a Ramagos on arena defense, and I'd love to see four. He's absolutely worthless there. I always leave him for absolute last because he does dick for damage unless you hurt him, and by the time I get around to hurting him I can either stun him or lower his attack bar to where he doesn't attack. Or, lacking thos capabilities, just suck up one unlucky death and kill him before he can do it again.

Well, unless there's a Rina there, I save her for even more absolute last because I just put it on auto and let the computer kill her. It takes awhile with my crit-heavy team, but she can't kill me. Rina and Ramagos together is almost automatic win unless they have something really nasty in the other two slots. And I know many of you have better teams than mine.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Rerolled guild seems full, so I requested access to mistwalkers.. I'm only level 30, but I play fairly regularly.

OneofOne

I realize you were just making an amusing hypothetical, but I practically salivate when I see a Ramagos on arena defense, and I'd love to see four. He's absolutely worthless there. I always leave him for absolute last because he does dick for damage unless you hurt him, and by the time I get around to hurting him I can either stun him or lower his attack bar to where he doesn't attack. Or, lacking thos capabilities, just suck up one unlucky death and kill him before he can do it again.

Well, unless there's a Rina there, I save her for even more absolute last because I just put it on auto and let the computer kill her. It takes awhile with my crit-heavy team, but she can't kill me. Rina and Ramagos together is almost automatic win unless they have something really nasty in the other two slots. And I know many of you have better teams than mine.
!00% this. Even as someone that has a Ramagos on D, I LOVE to see Rina and Ramagos on D because you are right, it's damn near a guaranteed win. Ramagos is an extremely powerful unit - I credit him with as many pvp wins as I have, but only when a human controls it to fight the AI. Another human would never let you get away with abusing him the way the AI lets you. And when it comes to Rina? I'm the same. Save her to last and then auto it. Stall teams that rely on the Tower killing you don't fare well against teams with their own healing, since you'll make more efficient decisions than the AI will. That said, when I see pure 4x healing stall teams, I generally stay away, as I don't have the patience to fight through that haha

I have to say, I have a kinda ghetto pvp team (Ramagos, Dagora, Arnold, Raoq) but I've been trying to lower my pvp score a bit to get more easy pickin's and therefore fighting teams I normally wouldn't and... I've been winning a helluva lot more than I've been losing (which is both good and bad). I think I've really been either underestimating my ghetto team, or overestimating the AI.

Pulled a boner this morning I'm kinda annoyed about. Had a max level 4* Wind Imp I used to use, and decided I was going to evolve it to 5* as fodder to make a 6*. So I go to evolve it and... accidentally grab one of my Water Imps, that's fully skilled up and runed, and evolve it instead... God dammit! =/

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My team fought a 6* Rina for 15 minutes the other day
tongue.png

I've been having difficulty with the arena, even though at times I'll be able to kill like 8 of the people on my match list (partly because of the buffs). Other times I'll be able to kill none. I'm hovering around the 1450 mark or so, and mainly just want to stay above 1400 for the gems, but man it seems like almost every time I come back from a few hours away I've got several more defeats knocking me back down so I have to struggle back up.

My attack team right now is Fire Rak, Fire Vamp, Light Bearman, and Light Fairy. Even after the nerf the Bearman is healing for over 3k a hit. I just need to max his crit to finalize his awesome. I'd like to eventually move Water Sylph into the Fairy spot once I get some runes going, but she's been damn useful. Invulnerability is such a lifesaver. I'm using the same team for defense, but I realize it isn't the best suited for it. I'm thinking of a stalling tactic team too, just so people avoid me more than anything. I know spork is going to hate me, but I picked up a second Light Bearman, and am seriously considering two of those, a Fire Epikion Priest, and then something DPS oriented. Or maybe even a rezzer. God that would be an absolute nightmare to fight I think. I know I'd pretty much just pass if I saw that.

As you can see, I'm super bored at work and have been theory-crafting a bit between masturbating to the Marvel movie thread. Sorry for the spam.

OneofOne

I fought a healing/3x rezzer/HPs-through-the-roof team the other day, and fuck, NEVER AGAIN. God damn was that frustrating. Try it, see if you get attacked less!

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Bearman in arena always struck me as a free win also.

I've been leveling my wind drunken master to 35, and he's actually a pretty sturdy dps. With the right support members he can usually one shot an opposing teams DPS. His third skill is hitting for 5-9k.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I fought a healing/3x rezzer/HPs-through-the-roof team the other day, and fuck, NEVER AGAIN. God damn was that frustrating. Try it, see if you get attacked less!
Been testing Wind DK in my D team and his rez+health balance seems to scare people away with my other healer