Summoner's War - Sky Arena

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't think it's too bad. I have 6 of the 8 already and there's still like a week left.

Spork

Upcoming Patch Info : summonerswar

New update coming soon, there will be a nerf to giants and dragons. No more gimmicks like Imp & Hwa team, normal balanced group can clear them. Also less scroll drops and more runes.

This is good news, always thought it was dumb to build all these badass 6 star monsters yet need to use a team of 2-3* monsters to beat the hardest content in game.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
looks like good changes, I wish they'd make some guild event, because right now the feature is 100% useless.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I guess I better run a bunch more with my Hwas then!

I'm glad to hear of the changes too...right after I started seriously building a Fire Viking to do Dragons with. Last time I tried Dragons (which was awhile ago) I couldn't get past B5, so it would be nice to finally be able to farm Violent runes too, as those don't seem to drop from Giants at all. If they do, I've had terrible luck because I've never gotten one, and I've got well over 50 Despair runes, so you see how much I've farmed Giants.

The one other thing they need to change in this game is make like a 5% chance for a Mystic Scroll to summon a Light/Dark creature. 90% of them are worthless anyway, so why is it such a big deal that they only let you get them a couple of times for free in the game?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Good change. I wasn't motivated at all to make a gimmick team for runes. Now I can reasonably set my sights on ToA higher levels.

Still need guild features though.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
New monsters on the horizon:

rrr_img_83481.jpg

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
Just started this, seems cool. Requested guild entry to rerolled. Any starter tips, i.e. what to buy with the mana stones?
Tip: Fill your friend's list with people from the first post of this thread. Those of us playing will have monsters that you can use once a day to help you crush things.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Just started this, seems cool. Requested guild entry to rerolled. Any starter tips, i.e. what to buy with the mana stones?
There seemed to be a sudden and simultaneous loss of interest for a lot of people here a little while ago, so not sure if the guild is still going or not. I'm still playing for about 30 minutes a day, so toss me (Balzmir) an invite for daily assistance. Give me your ID and tell me when you do it so I don't ignore it.

As for crystals, I'd spend them on crystal summons (75 each) until you get some decent monsters. Post results here and we'll help you decide.

Edit: The best tip I can give, and one that would have saved me a ridiculous amount of time if I'd adhered to it, is to NEVER use any 3* or higher monster for xp food. Use them to evolve or to level skills, but not for xp. Their scarcity (relative to 1 and 2*) wasn't clear to me when I first started until it was too late.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If you sent me (and others most likely) invites and we didn't accept, re-send them because I'm sure I had no idea who you were.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Patch notes:
Greetings from Com2uS!

Summoners War has been updated to v1.3.4!
Please read below for more info on this update.

* The v1.3.4 client is currently being shown as available on the App Store and on Google Play, but the update content will be implemented in the game after the maintenance.
Please read the maintenance notice for more info.

Update Details
? 4 new monsters added!
? Skill balancing.
?1_112.PNG

? Skill errors fixed and modificiations made for some monster skills.
?2_122.PNG

? Giant's Keep & Dragon's Lair Modifications
- Giant's stats have been downgraded.
- Dragon's stats have been downgraded.
- The stats of the monsters in the way in Giant's Keep have been slightly upgraded.
- The stats of the monsters in the way in Dragon's Lair have been slightly downgraded.
- The middle Bosses of Giant's Keep and Dragon's Lair have been slightly upgraded.
- The Giant will no longer counterattack with a critical hit. The Giant's rage will pile up as he's attacked and the Giant will counterattack when his rage fills up 7 times.
Rage will pile up with multiple hits and the Giant's counterattack will target one monster.
- The Giant's counterattack damage has been decreased.
- Mystic Scroll's drop rate has been decreased and Rune drop rate has been increased.
- The crystal's location and stats have been modified. The HP of some of the more dangerous crystals has been decreased.
- The invincible tower at the 10th floor of Dragon's Lair has been moved to the 8th floor.
- The drop rate of Runes will be increased and modified so that all Runes will be dropped with similar chances.
- Fixed so that Dragon won't counterattack with Disaster when the tower is destroyed with bombs or continuous damage in Dragon's Lair.

?Now you can select which tower to attack first when battling against the Boss.

?The Cairos Dungeon has been changed so that the last entered floor will show up when a Dungeon is selected.

?The Rune Inventory has been expanded to 150 slots.

?The Rune Inventory UI has been modified.
- NEW will show up in the Rune Menu when you get a new Rune.
- You can now view the total number of Runes in possession.

? You can now sell your unwanted Runes right away when you get it as a reward when the battle is over.

? The Draw Button will now show up faster than before.

? Opponents you can't battle will be deleted from the matching list when they show up.

? Fixed the problem of the counterattack and revenge skills being used on the Arena Towers.

? Now you can view the monsters of up to 50 friends when you enter battles.

? Fixed the problem of monsters that can't be Evolved Evolving.

? The Friend Invite Reward has been changed.
- Now you'll get 100 Energy for inviting 10 friends.

? Now you can only invite up to 10 friends per day.

? Users of Lv. 7 or below won't be able to use the chatting system. (Global)

? Package items renewed and new items added
- Mana Stones in the Energy Package increased. (50,000 -> 100,000)
- New Mana Stone Package and Energy + Mana Stone Package added
- Angelmon Package Renewed
New King Angelmon Pack - Twice the EXP compared to the previous Angelmon Pack
(7 Angelmons -> 5 King Angelmons)
* The renewed packages will be available starting December.

Xith

People seem pretty upset by the Giant/Dragon changes. I personally couldn't get past 7 before and still can't, though I really haven't put much effort into it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can still make it to the Giant B10 boss, but he one-hits everyone on my team except Light Bearman, and he only survives with a sliver. Of course, this was with the attack buff on the boss, but I have no way to remove that in my current team.

So this got me thinking. You pretty much have to have healing to survive this, unless your team is just godlike. For me, healing is Light Bearman; I have no one even close to his capability for healing. I would love a leader that increases hps for my team, but the best one I have is Water Warbear, and that's only 15%. I have a couple other element specific hp leaders, but none that I really have great creatures in. And as I said, Light Bearman is pretty much a requirement for my team, so any hp leader needs to be either Light or generic. However, Light Bearman has a leader skill of +30% defense for Light. Not great, but best I've got.

Combine that with Light Vagabond (15% damage reduction to group) and Inugami (group heal along with remove buffs from target (fuck that attack buff)), and maybe it is survivable. Add a 4th Light damage dealer (for me that might be Amazon, since it has two skills that do damage based on mob hp, but not sure that is available in an SD, I think I got mine from a L/D scroll), perhaps a Light Succubus that most of us got from the event or even Bounty Hunter from the reward.

Unfortunately I can't even begin to test this theory for awhile until I level everything up, so I'm hesitant to even begin. Any monochrome team with a specific hp leader might be feasible (wind obviously being best if you are doing B10). I have a Dark yeti that gives +25% hp to Dark. Combine that with Salamander (deals extra damage proportionate to target's max hp), Dark Phantom Thief from event (guaranteed stun on trash every 3 turns if you max crit), and then whatever dps you have might work too. Unfortunately I have zero other hp leaders for specific colors, but I'm sure someone does. Just a matter of seeing if it works. Haven't looked at Reddit lately to see their ideas, but I have to assume hps and/or defense is the name of the game now, right?

EDIT: Jesus, how could I forget there are 5 slots??