Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No. Not enough furries in the world to make that profitable. And even if there were would you really want to have them in close quarters with your children?
All I’m saying is half or more of Disney’s most beloved classics are talking animals. And half the shit that does well with kids now has talking animals. I’m not banking on furries for Star Fox anymore than I thought the Baloo drag scene in Tailspin tv show was a dog whistle for drag queens. Robin Hood from Disney was one of my faves growing up, but not once have I thought “man, I or my wife really need a buttplug Fox tail or a fursuit so we can yiff.”

Star Fox, marketed right and family friendly would do well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just recently learned that in Super Mario RPG if you have an invincibility star going and you swap characters at a precise time and the characters gain levels that come with new abilities those abilities go on different characters. You can start with Peach, get a star, swap to Geno, kill a room full of guys, level up and Peach gets Geno's big uber magic nuke. She's got the highest magic ability so that gives her the best heal with the best nuke.
That is one helluva glitch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's the kind of glitch that'll get me to pick it up again.
It's especially interesting because Geno's scaling kinda falls off in the later third of the game and Princess has a couple duds on her ability list that I'd gladly swap for Geno nukes.

Not that the game is hard enough to need that kind of powergaming but I could see it shaving time off a speedrun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
If it wasn't for the mario kart scene, I think other than looking otherwise gorgeous to watch I would have disliked this movie.

I don't know who in their right mind, thought a plot about
bowser wanting to marry peach
would ever make sense for more than a second. The only part of the movie that made sense was when he was rallying them after battle talking about being the greatest army of all, and then he's going to go do that... and his army goes ".... what?"

Bowser playing the piano tune of his castles, the various quotes/throwbacks to old games, Peach owning face (but in a way that isn't like Marvels GIRL POWEEERRRRRR), Mario hating mushrooms and being forced to eat them (hilarious).

That's all offset by that wtf plot sandwich.

Bowser wanting to marry Peach has been a thing since Mario Sunshine over 20 years ago. Well, in Sunshine it was Bowser Jr wanting to kidnap Peach because Bowser told him she was his "mama" (and she's not super surprised when he tells her that), and the latest Mario Odyssey has Bowser in a wedding suit during a battle and the entire game is him wanting to marry Peach (and Mario also wants to parry Peach), so yeah that's where the idea came from.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I’m
Pretty sure Mario 3 story is bowser kidnaps peach to be a mother for his 7 new kids, no?

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I’m
Pretty sure Mario 3 story is bowser kidnaps peach to be a mother for his 7 new kids, no?

The game story wasn't as developped at the time, but Mario 3 was the first time we knew about the koopalings yeah. And he has eight kids, the 7 koopalings and Bowser Jr. In the film there's at least one hint that they exist in this universe since the piano has the name Ludwig Von Koopa on it and that's one of his sons.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
back about 30 years ago there was a Super Mario comic in Nintendo Power where Bowser tries to wed Peach

IMG_4141.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So wait... if he kidnapped her - she didnt want to marry him, etc. How the fuck did they have koopalings? HRMMMMmmmm.. This shit could get real woke, real quick.

• 1Picard

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Next movie, Mario holds Peach’s hand while Bowser puts a Koopaling in her.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Super Mario RPG had the whole bit with Booster trying to marry her instead of Bowser, it's not a new concept.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Super Mario RPG had the whole bit with Booster trying to marry her instead of Bowser, it's not a new concept.
booster is at least... what looks like a human dude.

I don't remember any of the plotline to the early mario games other than remembering the games since I was a kid. For some reason I always thought he kidnapped peach to lure mario to try and kill him

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

We supposed to believe all of human history except for 9/11 happened in the movie? They supposed to have the twin towers there? The fuck kind of point is that person trying to make?

That's ignoring that they could easily make up any reason they want other than 9/11 for that building to exist if they felt the bizarre need to

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
We supposed to believe all of human history except for 9/11 happened in the movie? They supposed to have the twin towers there? The fuck kind of point is that person trying to make?

That's ignoring that they could easily make up any reason they want other than 9/11 for that building to exist if they felt the bizarre need to

Or the simple fact that the target audience for this movie wasn't born when the towers were still there. Hell, some of the PARENTS of the target audience of this movie might not have been born.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
are the 7 kids of Bowzer chiling out in the castles of 1-7 in SMB?

In SMB1, the castles are defended by Bowser dopplegangers (if you kill them using fireballs, you can see they are originally regular enemies like goombas, hammer bros, koopas, lakitus, etc..).

The Koopalings weren't in the games until SMB3 (SMB2 and the real SMB2 "Lost Levels" didn't have them).

In SMB3, the castles are defended by Boom-Boom enemies, and the Koopalings are in flying airships and each holds the scepter of a king transformed into a random creature by Kamek. Defeating a Koopaling destroys the airship, and Mario gets the scepter back and uses it to transform the kings back into humans (or mushroom kingdom equivalents at least).

They then returned in Super Mario World on SNES and each had their own fortress and they became more developped with specific quirks and personalities as the games kept coming.

They're also in New Super Mario World, which is more or less a Wii-era reboot of Super Mario World except not taking place in the Dinosaur Kingdom.

They generally don't share games with Bowser Jr.. If Bowser Jr is in a game, the Koopalings are often absent, and the other way around. At least in the main games I've played, I haven't played some of the DS/3DS games or some of the Paper Mario games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In SMB1, the castles are defended by Bowser dopplegangers (if you kill them using fireballs, you can see they are originally regular enemies like goombas, hammer bros, koopas, lakitus, etc..).

The Koopalings weren't in the games until SMB3 (SMB2 and the real SMB2 "Lost Levels" didn't have them).

In SMB3, the castles are defended by Boom-Boom enemies, and the Koopalings are in flying airships and each holds the scepter of a king transformed into a random creature by Kamek. Defeating a Koopaling destroys the airship, and Mario gets the scepter back and uses it to transform the kings back into humans (or mushroom kingdom equivalents at least).

They then returned in Super Mario World on SNES and each had their own fortress and they became more developped with specific quirks and personalities as the games kept coming.

They're also in New Super Mario World, which is more or less a Wii-era reboot of Super Mario World except not taking place in the Dinosaur Kingdom.

They generally don't share games with Bowser Jr.. If Bowser Jr is in a game, the Koopalings are often absent, and the other way around. At least in the main games I've played, I haven't played some of the DS/3DS games or some of the Paper Mario games.
Yes, now I remember those are doppelgangers, rather I don't remember that as much I thought it was a glitch in the game that they were different enemies. It's gotta be at least 30 years since I played SMB.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does she beat people with a Frying Pan in this movie?
No, this is the one easter egg that I noticed/griped about not being in it. Toad uses the frying pan instead

Other odd one is there is maybe 2 seconds of screen time for Yoshi, they pass by the island and see a ton of them in various colors and that was it.

• 1Like