Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
are the 7 kids of Bowzer chiling out in the castles of 1-7 in SMB?
Our current story is that the seven Koopalings are not Bowser's children. Bowser's only child is Bowser Jr., and we do not know who the mother is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What a strange bit of lore. Star Wars can't keep their shit straight, but a fucking video game has a better grasp of continuity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What a strange bit of lore. Star Wars can't keep their shit straight, but a fucking video game has a better grasp of continuity.

Crazy how stories comprised of a couple sentences is able to keep it together more easily than a franchise with something like 30 movies/TV shows

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Miyamoto created these things. He cares. He has carefully picked he’s successors. They care.

Lucas created the prequels and cared enough to not shit on his baby. But then he whored out his creations for a dollar like a meth addicted absentee parent. His successors do not care. They were not selected. It was profit over integrity and standards.

Yes I’m aware of nintendo doing some shady shit with their online stores, refusing to make up to date hardware (though their shit rarely breaks - I think my SNES just needs some minor repairs to work again), etc. But Miyamoto seems to really care as do his protégés.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
In SMB1, the castles are defended by Bowser dopplegangers (if you kill them using fireballs, you can see they are originally regular enemies like goombas, hammer bros, koopas, lakitus, etc..).

The Koopalings weren't in the games until SMB3 (SMB2 and the real SMB2 "Lost Levels" didn't have them).

Yes, since SMB2 was just a dream and didn't have bowser in it.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yes, since SMB2 was just a dream and didn't have bowser in it.

Super Mario Bros 2 film should have Wart as a secondary villain, except every single scheme and villainous action he does is never noticed by any of the main characters.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

apparently the japanese script is slightly different to account for japanese jokes/taste, curious what is actually different. explains though why the movie is releasing in japan 3-4 weeks after its intl release.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
No, this is the one easter egg that I noticed/griped about not being in it. Toad uses the frying pan instead

Other odd one is there is maybe 2 seconds of screen time for Yoshi, they pass by the island and see a ton of them in various colors and that was it.

You then didn’t see the post credit scene where Yoshis Egg is in the sewers of NY.

It’s being setuo that Yoshi or Yoshi Island is the theme of the sequel

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You then didn’t see the post credit scene where Yoshis Egg is in the sewers of NY.

It’s being setuo that Yoshi or Yoshi Island is the theme of the sequel
Sure didn't, 5 year old was already doing the chair dance so we just upped and left. Given the popularity of Yoshi it would make sense to put that in a sequel teaser

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Sure didn't, 5 year old was already doing the chair dance so we just upped and left. Given the popularity of Yoshi it would make sense to put that in a sequel teaser

Yeah seems to be a well run franchise perhaps. Setup a proper sequel, still plenty of characters to base another 2-3 movies on.

Yoshi Island stuff, Wart and Mario 2 if they want, Koopalings, all the other shit post Mario 64 I never played, and then all leading up to a Wario Movie

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah seems to be a well run franchise perhaps. Setup a proper sequel, still plenty of characters to base another 2-3 movies on.

Yoshi Island stuff, Wart and Mario 2 if they want, Koopalings, all the other shit post Mario 64 I never played, and then all leading up to a Wario Movie
Kid Icarus crossover!

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>

apparently the japanese script is slightly different to account for japanese jokes/taste, curious what is actually different. explains though why the movie is releasing in japan 3-4 weeks after its intl release.

INC Racist AF Mario.....