Super Mario Bros. (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
oh, Peach is worse than Mario. Plotwise, not a fan from what we see. The Wreck it ralph comparison is good. its just a bunch of referances, and doesn't seem like a coherent world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh, Peach is worse than Mario. Plotwise, not a fan from what we see. The Wreck it ralph comparison is good. its just a bunch of referances, and doesn't seem like a coherent world.
Honestly that’s all I’m here for though. If there are a ton of references and Easter eggs and the animation is on point, that’s good enough for me. Kids will be all over this which is ultimately the bottom line for Nintendo.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i mean the whole premise is kinda stupid, but it is a video game.

first mario was a king kong style for the story. kong falls in love with the girl takes the girl... mario gets girl from kong

however, the story has "evolved" over the past 40 ish years.

i'll watch it cuz well, i love nintendo and the mario character.. probably stream it though rather than the theatre, depends on whether or not my wife wants to see it. my 3 kids are all in college(2 freshmen, one "senior" (changed major so he has 2 semesters to go instead of just the spring he MIGHT be able to graduate this spring, he is taking 18 credits next semester), so the built in excuse to see a kids movie is gone now.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
i mean the whole premise is kinda stupid, but it is a video game.

first mario was a king kong style for the story. kong falls in love with the girl takes the girl... mario gets girl from kong

however, the story has "evolved" over the past 40 ish years.

i'll watch it cuz well, i love nintendo and the mario character.. probably stream it though rather than the theatre, depends on whether or not my wife wants to see it. my 3 kids are all in college(2 freshmen, one "senior" (changed major so he has 2 semesters to go instead of just the spring he MIGHT be able to graduate this spring, he is taking 18 credits next semester), so the built in excuse to see a kids movie is gone now.
Thanks for the great update on your kids graduation path. Super useful

• 3Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My 7 year old heard the voice and said "that's not Mario" and turned away.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

I will wait for the edited version that has Nicolas Cage dubbed over every Chris Pratt line.

• 3Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
after all these years, who is still demanding to see a Mario Brothers movie? i rather see a Dragon Warrior or Gauntlet movie. of course we all would want an Everquest movie more than anything.
Dragon Warrior was such an awesome NES game. Sure, Zelda got all the accolades, but Dragon Warrior was tits. Fuck, a Metal Slime!

1669875548067.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
New trailer giving me Wreck It Ralph vibes that it's going to have tons of references and easter eggs to everything that ever had Mario stamped on it. Looks fun honestly, my kid's gonna love it for sure.
yeah, same here. Wreck It Ralph was a lot of fun. maybe this wont suck, though stunning and brave princess was kind of lame. that trailer showed a lot of spoilery stuff. beware.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dragon Warrior wasnt that hard. it also wasnt that advanced. Shining In The Darkness was my jam, but DW yeah that game gave me the first taste of an RPG and i liked it a lot.
LOVED those early shining games.

• 1Like

Caliane

Also for reference to that discussion. there is a Dragon quest movie. its on netflix if you want. came out in 2019. based on DQ 5. Didn't love it personally. it goes meta in a "meh" way.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Glad to see yet another movie aimed toward kids that reinforces the woke feminazi strong, infallible, woman and bumbling, stupid, man paradigm.

• 1Like