Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I got a digital copy for the kid, he loved it.

It was OK. Definitely more of an actual Mario movie than that incoherent fucking mess they came out with in the 90s.

1684581068041.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ya I got a digital copy for the kid, he loved it.

It was OK. Definitely more of an actual Mario movie than that incoherent fucking mess they came out with in the 90s.

View attachment 474314
that 90s movie actually made me hate Nintendo as much as their bullshit version of Mortal Kombat. go Sega for their extra blood version.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I actually remember most of the neutered fatalities lol

Kano I think was the one they phoned in the most, just a blatant censorship

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I dont follow Jack Black, but he appeared on Mando with Lizzo and Im just assuming from that, that hes some woke degenerate now. Thats probably why? Im guessing?

The only thing that really throws me off is grown ass people judging a childrens movie, expecting it to be more than it is. G/f and I was watching my nieces and we took them to see it - all of us enjoyed it. Was just an all around, good, family movie.

I personally, always get a kick out of the apes riding off-road vehicles on the road - because Im racist af and see the connection I guess? But overall, I think if you sat on your media room, living room, whatever, instead of going to the theatre to see it - you did yourself a disservice.
Nah I’ve always felt the same way about Jack Black. I don’t hate him or anything I just don’t think he’s funny. Bowser singing terribly was the only part I didn’t like about the SMB movie. I didn’t have an issue with him as bowser other than that part. I’ve never thought any of his singing humor was funny. I enjoyed him in School of Rock but everything else I’ve seen him in he was forgettable (I seriously can’t think of other movies he was in except anchorman).

I thought the SMB movie was good overall. Bright colors, good animation, lots of Easter eggs. The humor throughout was pretty weak but that’s ok. The blue ghost was funny.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't have a problem with Jack Black in particular, I just hated almost everything about the way Bowser was portrayed in this movie. He actually did a solid job coming up with a distinct Bowser voice that wasn't just the normal speaking voice like he does in Kung Fu Panda, but the character motivation and cringeworthy singing was unbearable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The only thing that really throws me off is grown ass people judging a childrens movie, expecting it to be more than it is. G/f and I was watching my nieces and we took them to see it - all of us enjoyed it. Was just an all around, good, family movie.

Before Disney/Pixar went to shit they proved over and over that just because it's a "kids movie" doesn't mean it can't be high quality.

It's not crazy to expect that out of a billion dollar movie powered by 40 years of nostalgia

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Before Disney/Pixar went to shit they proved over and over that just because it's a "kids movie" doesn't mean it can't be high quality.

It's not crazy to expect that out of a billion dollar movie powered by 40 years of nostalgia
Throwing money at something doesnt mean it'll be better, obviously. How much did this cost per episode? Exactly. Im just saying, the target audience is not fucking 40+ year olds.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Throwing money at something doesnt mean it'll be better, obviously. How much did this cost per episode? Exactly. Im just saying, the target audience is not fucking 40+ year olds.

I forgot that existed thanks

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I'm talking about what it made, not what it cost to make.

Most of what I've seen is people expecting a Toy Story level movie based on the hype and it instead being a little above average.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Top 3 grossing animated film of all time. Not too bad for a hundred million dollar film.
“The Super Mario Bros. Movie” took the No. 3 spot with $9.7 million, bringing its North American tally to $549 million. It’s still the biggest movie of the year with with $1.248 billion and crossed “The Incredibles 2” ($1.243 billion) to become the third-highest grossing animated movie ever.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Thought this was pretty mid and way overhyped.
If you jerk off to Nintendo then you'll love this. Was more for kids I think. I can see someone not familiar with the characters and games thinking WTF is going on. Cat suits, flying bombs, go karts, etc. Probably weird as fuck from their perspective.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Thought this was pretty mid and way overhyped.
The bar for movies has been going down over the last decade or so.

I liked Mario movie as a children's movie. But the competition is embarasing overall heh

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you jerk off to Nintendo then you'll love this. Was more for kids I think. I can see someone not familiar with the characters and games thinking WTF is going on. Cat suits, flying bombs, go karts, etc. Probably weird as fuck from their perspective.
Soygen Soygen what say you? Can you fap to this?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Nah I’ve always felt the same way about Jack Black. I don’t hate him or anything I just don’t think he’s funny. Bowser singing terribly was the only part I didn’t like about the SMB movie. I didn’t have an issue with him as bowser other than that part. I’ve never thought any of his singing humor was funny. I enjoyed him in School of Rock but everything else I’ve seen him in he was forgettable (I seriously can’t think of other movies he was in except anchorman).

I thought the SMB movie was good overall. Bright colors, good animation, lots of Easter eggs. The humor throughout was pretty weak but that’s ok. The blue ghost was funny.
Tropic thunder. His character in that was played pretty well

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Yeah there was a ton of Easter eggs for the adults.

I typically hate all this animated movie schlock they churn out by the barrel each year but this one was solid.

It wasn't too kiddie, but had lots of stuff for kids. Had references to just about SMB video game I can think of (super Mario world, SMB 3, Mario kart, etc.). It didn't drag and the animation was great.

I thought they did Bowser really well. It wasn't a serious movie, no point in having a serious villain. Bumbling Bowser was just fine.

Not sure what more people wanted out of this movie

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only thing I think I'd want to see changed would be more of a hardcore Bowser, deeper voice, menacing, an actual villain.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Perfect fan service movie with no wokeness. Only thing they missed was making Pratt recreate this classic in the end credits:

But they actually had part of the theme song from the old show in the commercial at the start. I made my wife aware of this shows existence and now sing Do the Mario to her randomly to annoy her.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users