Supergirl

Malkav

French Madman
God was that episode predictable. I was calling that shit halfway through.

Fucking bitch queen.

Cybsled

Kevin Sorbo is like the new Kenny. Every role he gets involves his character dying lol

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She is awesome.

woIWzIs.jpg

ShakyJake

<Donor>
You know, that was actually a pretty bad-ass premiere. Lots cool Superman-esque action and poses going on.

Malkav

French Madman
Who the fuck does the following in a year :
- become lesbian
- start leaving with her girlfriend
- get engaged
- Set up the wedding and have a bridal shower
All without ever having a serious discussion about wanting kids with her partner, only to dump her because, well, she doesn't want some.

Good god CW, this kind of stupid drama just makes your characters sound even more retarded.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I tend to just fast forward through the lesbo parts now, it's pretty forced and stupid at this point.
Rest of the show ain't much better. Did they drop Guardian already after 1 season? or did I forget something happening last season about it lol.

Cybsled

Who the fuck does the following in a year :
- become lesbian
- start leaving with her girlfriend
- get engaged
- Set up the wedding and have a bridal shower
All without ever having a serious discussion about wanting kids with her partner, only to dump her because, well, she doesn't want some.

Good god CW, this kind of stupid drama just makes your characters sound even more retarded.

Apparently the actress who plays the cop girlfriend/fiance was going to be leaving the show, so they had to write in something to remove the character. Given your only good options are death or breakup, they probably decided on the later just because it keeps the door open.

Malkav

French Madman
Apparently the actress who plays the cop girlfriend/fiance was going to be leaving the show, so they had to write in something to remove the character. Given your only good options are death or breakup, they probably decided on the later just because it keeps the door open.

Kinda half guessed that.

Is it me or CW shows have a huge turnover for supporting cast? You have prominent secondary characters always disappearing from a season to the next.
While somehow, they manage to still use Damian Darhk every fucking season.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's probably because any other acting job is better than a CW show, so actors jump at the chance to go to a real network.

I'm not complaining, I watch all this CW garbage.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This coming season is the last for Supergirl. Looks like it's finally done. They are getting an extended 20 episode season, unlike the 13 eps for the other CW shows this season.

Cybsled

Show has been on for a bit and have seen lots of cast turnover. With a new Superman show coming, seems like a good time to end the SG run and have characters from the show cameo or move to Superman

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Show has been on for a bit and have seen lots of cast turnover. With a new Superman show coming, seems like a good time to end the SG run and have characters from the show cameo or move to Superman

They're also in the merged universe with the Flash/Legends so there will be plenty of cameo space.

Cybsled

She actually has pretty good chemistry with The Flash, so would be cool to get the occasional cameo there

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
She actually has pretty good chemistry with The Flash, so would be cool to get the occasional cameo there
This show was ruined when they stopped being soft SJW and went for it. The gun episode from a couple seasons ago was the one where I said fuck it and didn't care what happened to the show anymore.

Besides Supergirl and her sister the rest of the cast was just alright. They didn't have as strong a supporting cast as the other shows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Kinda half guessed that.

Is it me or CW shows have a huge turnover for supporting cast? You have prominent secondary characters always disappearing from a season to the next.
While somehow, they manage to still use Damian Darhk every fucking season.

Terrible pay and long working hours. I'm surprised any show there lasts longer than a season.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Terrible pay and long working hours. I'm surprised any show there lasts longer than a season.

Almost every actor that left was because they wanted to do other shit. You can't do that when you are spending over half a year in Vancouver. This is why Amell wanted out so badly and Gustin is in the same spot. They are passing up movie roles cuz of the shows. This isn't as big a problem when you are shooting in LA or Atlanta or something.

Goatface

was listening to a youtuber saying for non main stars, shows can pay per show or per day. apparently someone on one of the comic book series, said they were getting paid per show and after expenses he was getting just above min wage in the area.

Cybsled

This show was ruined when they stopped being soft SJW and went for it. The gun episode from a couple seasons ago was the one where I said fuck it and didn't care what happened to the show anymore.

Besides Supergirl and her sister the rest of the cast was just alright. They didn't have as strong a supporting cast as the other shows.

Ya, they went overt SJW around that time and just went full throttle. You want SJW stuff in your show, great, but don't be so fucking on the nose about it (which Supergirl was). It sort of took you out of the show kind of like an extreme product placement in a show took you out of it. When the show Chuck was desperate for funding, they literally spend like a minute+ gushing about the features of some Toyota or Nissan car.

Supergirl kind of felt like that, except with whatever message of the day they were trying to spend. Skillful writers can essentially sneak it into the show and get the audience to sympathize or think about whatever the message is. But when they just toss it on the plate half raw, don't be surprised when a lot of the audience doesn't find it edible.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users