Supergirl

Ganthorn

N00b
They are stretching the "four show crossover" a bit. More like 3 really. They should have had Team flash take over the role of the mom and do all the sciencey stuff at least.

Cybsled

Was an intro to a crossover if anything. Looks like the Flash will have a lot more of the Crossover stuff.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well, the portal thing popped up before the end. Hope this turns out decent, it's going to get me to watch an episode of Legends so success for them I suppose.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So the crossover involvement is essentially :
Barry shows up, says "Sup girl? got a minute?"
And they take off through a portal.

Right?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I sort of knew it would be lame like this since, as others pointed out, she's on a different Earth. It might have worked out better had the Dominators been a recurring issue in Supergirl so far this season, but that doesn't seem to be the case. In the spirit of things I watched the episode thinking maybe it would serve as a good way of bringing new people into the show, but after what I saw I won't be coming back. I mean they turned Mon-El into generic CW beta-male...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's what I was hoping would have happened, perfect excuse to have everyone in the same time line.

I guess, but it's hard to feel too threatened by the main villain on Arrow when you know Supergirl could just take him out instantly.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It would have been interesting to put Supergirl on Earth, but then they would have had to eliminate Superman or just macguffin him away for events like this.

They could at least toss Mon El onto the Legends or something.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
They should have just used Flashpoint to put Supergirl on the same Earth imo

I was originally hoping this. But now I think the theory is see how Supergirl fares for a season on the CW (Hopefully getting through some of the writing issues for instance, also seeing if it can hold it's own ratings-wise). If it passes that test and they plan on keeping it around then I suspect next seasons cross over event will be some concatenated version of Crisis, but without Supergirl's death being a thing in it. In the long run if they're going to integrate the "Arrow-verse" they will have to merge the worlds at some point, otherwise every single crossover will involve some version of that 60 second clip above and that's a horribly cheap plot device.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, it sort of seems like this season of The Flash is headed towards yet another timeline fuckery, and Legends is all about timeline fuckery (I believe, stopped watching after a couple episodes in Season 1), so it is entirely possible that they implement some sort of dimensional fuckery as well and bring Kara's world into the rest of the CW-verse. It would work well from a crossover standpoint too, because they could do another crossover of some sort at the end of the season, and possibly even the start of next season. I'm not sure how well it would work, but can you imagine a 4-night crossover to start next season? That would be pretty fucking cool if they did it properly, and might convince a few people to start watching more of the shows if they aren't already. The marketing and hype on that would be fucking insane, if you think about it. And once they are in the same universe, they could start tossing in random cameos/crossovers with just a character or two, like they did with Flash and Arrow at the beginning, so it isn't a big production each time, yet still makes a few people decide to watch the other shows. And plenty of times Arrow has fought people Barry could handle in a "flash" and they just ignore it, or at worst say something like Barry was busy with <Flash villain of the week>. Wouldn't be that hard to imply that Supergirl has her own shit to deal with most of the time too.

Cybsled

They already do that on Supergirl with Superman to explain why he isn't helping all the time, so it could work on the other DC shows I agree.

Although Supergirl and Martian Manhunter are crazy OP compared to the other DC show heroes ;p If the CW shows were a MMO, Supergirl would be a top tier raider with the best gear playing an OP class and everyone else would be guys wearing blue armor ;p

Ganthorn

N00b
One thing that drives me nuts on these shows with people with crazy powers is the trope of you can either catch me or save them! You can go faster than a speeding bullet, your super strong , etc and the person is at arms length. Grab that bitch under one arm and drop her on top of a building on your way up to the crane lol. They do it in flash too.