Supergirl

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I like their version of Superman.

Enjoyed the episode, the special effects were not as good as before, but it was still pretty decent.

I like seeing Katie McGrath as Lex's sister, I liked her in Merlin.
that was her? oh man, she was volcano hot in Merlin, this is just a pale memory of that hotness. the effects are crappy this season, but i am enjoying it more. i like their superman much better than the movies.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The body armor plot point was pretty weak. It was entirely luck based that the Metallo robot guys shot the kryptonite beam right at that chest guard. Aside from that, it would be useless.

Ganthorn

N00b
The body armor plot point was pretty weak. It was entirely luck based that the Metallo robot guys shot the kryptonite beam right at that chest guard. Aside from that, it would be useless.
It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they didn't just stand there staring at it for like 5 minutes before retaliating. Made it super obvious lol. Let me just aim this a bit toward the face. At least if they got hit and immediately flew forward and stomped them it would be 5% better

Malkav

French Madman
I'm gonna enjoy Kara getting humiliated by Snapper every episode.

Though the whole Supergirl SJW thing is gonna get old fast.

Lena Luthor is hot, Linda Carter got old (but lol at the "you haven't seen my other jet" thing), liked the detective, and hope they do something interesting with M'gann M'orzz.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dont watch this show and find it terrible but it does get the characters right. The could have easily made Parasite a cheap villain and didnt.

supergirl-first-look-at-parasite-209965.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The first season really wasn't terrible, but I couldn't fault anyone for not liking it. My tolerance is pretty high. This second season on CW though had been pretty terrible. It has always been annoyingly close to over bearing grrrrlll power, CW has ramped that up to 11. And every week has been some political message about immigrants, gun control, culture, etc... It is pretty barf.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have the unique ability to mostly ignore that sort of thing in shows that I otherwise enjoy. Sometimes it is so blatant that even I roll my eyes at it, but for the most part I don't let it get to me. I'm not saying that others should be like me, but I've come to realize that I would have a lot fewer shows to watch if I didn't. My best friend can't look past a lot of that, and even something like the ubiquitous "large corporation is inherently evil" trope can set him off.

It's sort of the same with actors and their political views. If I let what Alec Baldwin, for example, believes sway my viewing habits, I'd miss out on some really great stuff.

However, I agree that this show is getting pretty heavy-handed with this stuff. But, it has enough to keep me tuning in each week. Mainly because of Supergirl and her (newly gay) sister being so hot, but that's enough for a shallow person like myself!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Jacked supermodel Jimmy Olsen was dumb enough, but now we have super hero Jimmy Olsen? I like this show, but come on, enough with trying to push Olsen on us. What's wrong with having him stick to the office-related story lines? I don't mind getting Guardian, but why did it have to be Olsen? Just stuuuuuuuupid.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since I'm reminded, the feels were way over the top on this latest episode, even for me, and I just wrote above how I can typically overlook it and just enjoy things. That shit with her being gay then being friendzoned then being angsty...yeah even I was rolling my eyes.

I just want Kara being nerdy but adorable (which she still is even when everyone else around her is terrible), Alex to be supportive and hot, nerdy tech guy to stay exactly like he is, Jimmy to umm, maybe go away? If not go away, just fade into the background and be a sad replacement for Cat. And I want Cat back, but I know why that isn't in the cards. And have Martian Manhunter be like their dad, with growing affection for the two girls. Get rid of the new Daxian (sp) guy even though him banging Ms. Tessmacher was pretty hilarious. More Lana Luthor. Then just give me monster of the week with a vague overarching story that doesn't involve feels, like an actual arch villain. I'm even ok with "grrrl power" as long as it is just Kara being Super.

That's all I want from this fucking show. Is that so hard? Stop with all the other bullshit!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I agree with less Jimmy, or none at all.

I don't mind Alex being gay, but that storyline took too much of the episode...was almost half the time dedicated to it, and too much happened too fast.

I agree we need more Lana, and that the Cadmus overarching storyline should be brought a bit more to the front.

The show is still enjoyable because Melissa is doing such a great job as Kara/Supergirl. Wynn and Martian are also great supporting cast.

Hopefully now that Alex came out, that storyline is done with.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm just hoping I can deal with watching one episode in a couple weeks as part of the yearly crossover.. Tried watching season on and the wife and I got 2 episodes in. Hearing they've amped up the "we have a social commentary" and SJW stuff more in season 2 does not bode well for me.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The first season really wasn't terrible, but I couldn't fault anyone for not liking it. My tolerance is pretty high. This second season on CW though had been pretty terrible. It has always been annoyingly close to over bearing grrrrlll power, CW has ramped that up to 11. And every week has been some political message about immigrants, gun control, culture, etc... It is pretty barf.

...and yet they managed to have a character (journo guy) that is taking a really big hammer to the "feels journalism" that Kara first spat out when she dived into reporting. Now, if this stays the path and eventually Kara starts reporting like a reporter should do, and we get some objective non-biased reporting then we'll know the writers actually give a shit. If the inner SJW in Kara manages to sway the boss? Yeah, that's when the show is going to jump the shark.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
A promo for the 4-show crossover starting on November 28. The "Heroes vs Aliens" promo sees Supergirl enlisted to help the heroes of "Arrow", "The Flash" and "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" fight the invasion by the alien Dominators.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
...and yet they managed to have a character (journo guy) that is taking a really big hammer to the "feels journalism" that Kara first spat out when she dived into reporting. Now, if this stays the path and eventually Kara starts reporting like a reporter should do, and we get some objective non-biased reporting then we'll know the writers actually give a shit. If the inner SJW in Kara manages to sway the boss? Yeah, that's when the show is going to jump the shark.

I'm still behind on this show. 4 1 hour dramas is just too much for me to watch, and SG is the worst of the 4 on CW. But, I just got to that episode and I fucking loved it. I didn't realize any writer anywhere still knew what reporting was. Whoever wrote that scene needs to be put in charge of all major news outlets or something.

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this for the first time to see the crossover shit. Wish I knew I could've just jumped to the last 60 seconds. i liked Kara/Supergirl's character just fine and she's hot and all but WOW is the rest of this show hot Gar-Bage.