Superman & Lois

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
WTF? That dudes great in everything I've seen him in. Dunno if he can pull off the intellectual side of Luthor but he looks the part, once bald, and hes a good actor.
yeah i agree. i initially didn't quite "get" him, but i like the take of him still being brilliant while being a fairly metal.

i mean... listen, i know gene hackman is kind of the gold standard for luthor, but i think michael rosenbaum is the definitive lex luthor with clancy brown coming in a VERY close second. i'm glad they aren't just doing a retread of what we've seen before while still keeping him familiar

Cybsled

I had heard mentions of massive budget cuts, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they were given an ultimatum of shoestring budget or no renewal

j00t

Canceled isnt quite accurate. I mean it is, but it's getting a final 10 episode season first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Good, I wanted to see how they resolved the end of last season and I still think this Luthor could be good.

j00t

Good, I wanted to see how they resolved the end of last season and I still think this Luthor could be good.
Same. I said it earlier in the thread but I didn't watch ANY of this until I saw some random recaps of season 3, so I binge watched it all and was really impressed. Tyler Hoechlin hasn't been talked about much but he is a GREAT superman and maybe even a better Clark.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I really disliked his version of Clark at the beginning but I have done a complete 180.

He initially came across as this skinny jeans effete soy flavored urbanite. I hated him at first. Where was the small town, grew up on a farm, traditional values Clark?

Over time I came to see that this is just their 'modern' take; what Clark Kent would be like in 2023. The modern urban asthetic is just soy flavored like that. It totally works for me now. I think the writing and acting for both him and Lois is great.

j00t

I really disliked his version of Clark at the beginning but I have done a complete 180.

He initially came across as this skinny jeans effete soy flavored urbanite. I hated him at first. Where was the small town, grew up on a farm, traditional values Clark?

Over time I came to see that this is just their 'modern' take; what Clark Kent would be like in 2023. The modern urban asthetic is just soy flavored like that. It totally works for me now. I think the writing and acting for both him and Lois is great.
Yeah, I didn't like him at all in the beginning. Kinda the same with Lois, I don't know why though. But they both REALLY grew on me. I loved their interactions in season 3. It humanized them while also showing why superman is superman. He always makes the right choice even when it's the hardest choice in the world. He's both completely inhuman while being the most human person in the world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

They actually distanced themselves from Arrowverse and said this show takes place in a different dimension than the other CW shows lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

They actually distanced themselves from Arrowverse and said this show takes place in a different dimension than the other CW shows lol
a bunch of them are in a different dimension. diggle showed up at the end of season 1 and beginning-ish of season 2, and without having seen most of the other shows from the arrowverse it just felt like it was in the same universe, but in a different city. then they made some comments here and there that made it pretty obvious they were claiming this was it's own, mostly unrelated thing with the exception of stuff leaking through due to arrow/flash multiverse stuff.

but i mean, smallville was technically retroactively brought into the arrowverse. the "arrowverse" really should only refer to arrow and the flash, and then secondarily all the connected parauniverse stuff like super girl, lois and superman, etc