Survivor: Blood vs. Water

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The more I think about it I wouldn't be surprised if next season was all new players either, with a team of meatheads, a team of dumb pretty blondes, and a team of nerds.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This turned out to be a very good season of Survivor. Not one of the best, but very solid. Redemption Island is still a fail gimmick that should never, ever be in the game. The finality of Tribal Council's is what makes the game pure and compelling. Ten thoughts about the conclusion and reunion.

1. Another season where the best player (Tyson) won. Thus a full-filling season.
  2. Monica is terrible at Survivor. She should have either distanced herself from the villains (Tyson/Gervase) or been one of them. Instead she hemmed and hawed, said she was not their lackey, but then went right on to do exactly what they told her to. She should have played up her own accomplishments, because she had a few. She played the middle ground to her own demise. Playing the swing vote role is great to get you to the end, but terrible if you are trying to win.
  3. They never crowned a fan favorite/player of the season... huh?
  4. Everyone (but Gervase's neice) got to talk during the reunion and it seemed much more under control/well run that some seasons.
  5. Gervase actually made some logical sense of his decisions. He hedged his bets that he and Tyson would not be able to run the table. He set Tyson up as the fall man, but they never fell. He was waiting for that one moment, that one opening, that never ultimately came because Tyson played such a great game.
  6. Kat, WTF. Just when you think she could not be any more dumb. She awkwardly tells Probst she got a boob job in order to "get on Haden's level". Probst, puzzled, uncomfortably say's "I have no idea what that means... and we are moving on."
  7. Caleb, when given the chance to defend Colton, and tell people what he is really like and what he see's in him, says "Colton just likes his comforts and doesn't react well when you take them away." That is not a reason to like someone, lol.
  8. Aras and Vytas were the most compelling and fascinating pair on the show. It feels like we were only scratching the surface on their relationship and gamesmanship.
  9. This was a season of shattering the mold. I'd like to give a hand to the women of this season, who in my opinion were the stars. They were the ones dominating challenges and making big moves.
  10. Cierra was my player of the year. At the beginning, I thought she was everything I despise about casting in this game. A pretty girl that would hitch her wagon to a strong player and hope to be there at the end... boy, did she prove me wrong. She was there to fight her heart out. There are many aspects of this game: Physical, mental, social, elements... all of which need to be managed. She used every tool in her bag. The best players don't always win the game. As evidenced by Tina (former winner) laying in to Monica and ultimately distancing her from the other girls. Cierra is a wise young lady and she knows how to talk to people. She played to win the game. That is all I ask from everyone who gets on the show.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
[*]Aras and Vytas were the most compelling and fascinating pair on the show. It feels like we were only scratching the surface on their relationship and gamesmanship.
I agree with most of your assessment, but not this. I found them completely uninteresting and found the "rivalry" to be a bit contrived for the show. Vytas was also kind of an annoying douche.

Sean_sl

shitlord
7. Caleb, when given the chance to defend Colton, and tell people what he is really like and what he see's in him, says "Colton just likes his comforts and doesn't react well when you take them away." That is not a reason to like someone, lol.

10. Cierra was my player of the year. At the beginning, I thought she was everything I despise about casting in this game. A pretty girl that would hitch her wagon to a strong player and hope to be there at the end... boy, did she prove me wrong. She was there to fight her heart out. There are many aspects of this game: Physical, mental, social, elements... all of which need to be managed. She used every tool in her bag. The best players don't always win the game. As evidenced by Tina (former winner) laying in to Monica and ultimately distancing her from the other girls. Cierra is a wise young lady and she knows how to talk to people. She played to win the game. That is all I ask from everyone who gets on the show.
Caleb/Colton - Yeah, what was up with that? I still think that Caleb being Colton's boyfriend is total bullshit and that there's some kind of financial arrangement there.

Cierra - 100% agree. She was fantastic and I'm glad that she totally broke the mold that most female players fall into and really played the game. I don't know why there wasn't a Fan Favorite/Player of the Season reward this season, but it should definitely go to her.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What about Kat going fullest of full retards. Probst had to pull the ripcord to get out of that stupid interview. What the fuck was she even saying?!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6. Kat, WTF. Just when you think she could not be any more dumb. She awkwardly tells Probst she got a boob job in order to "get on Haden's level". Probst, puzzled, uncomfortably say's "I have no idea what that means... and we are moving on."
LOL! I think she is straight up brain damaged.

I don't know who's relationship is more inexplicable... Caleb/Colton's or Haden/Kat's. I'm leaning towards Haden/Kat's.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
[*]Cierra was my player of the year. At the beginning, I thought she was everything I despise about casting in this game. A pretty girl that would hitch her wagon to a strong player and hope to be there at the end... boy, did she prove me wrong. She was there to fight her heart out. There are many aspects of this game: Physical, mental, social, elements... all of which need to be managed. She used every tool in her bag. The best players don't always win the game. As evidenced by Tina (former winner) laying in to Monica and ultimately distancing her from the other girls. Cierra is a wise young lady and she knows how to talk to people. She played to win the game. That is all I ask from everyone who gets on the show.
Turning point for me with Cierra was when she completely out talked Katie when Katie tried to claim she had an idol. That was an awesome scene.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probst confirmed, there are NO returning players for Brawn, Brains, Beauty. Sounds good to me.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I agree with most of your assessment, but not this. I found them completely uninteresting and found the "rivalry" to be a bit contrived for the show. Vytas was also kind of an annoying douche.
Vytas was bitter as fuck, and was tweeting like a butthurt jury member during all of the episodes. Then when he gets called out on it, "just relax man, yoga, etc.".

Their entire relationship was Jeff giving commentary aside from maybe two moments.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Final episode with no dumb final "walk to remember" where they summarize all the players they voted out....so glad it was left out, and hope it stays out! NOw we just need Redemption Island to go.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The best man won.

Now to wait for the real a survivor show to start up again: Naked and Afraid.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Heh, I wouldn't say that I like the walk of remembrance, but when they don't do it, it seems like there is something missing.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once again, Cierra proving she is beyond her years in wisdom. When Tina came back and started strong arming Monica, Cierra's reaction to that (in the interview) was nailed with precision. She not only knew that Monica needed a different approach, but exactly which buttons to push. That is rock solid social gameplay. All of her highlights of the season really places her in my top 3 favorite players of all time. Absolutely impressive considering her age and the fact she was doing this vs hardened Survivor vets as a noobie to the game.

Kills me she didn't get a fan favorite award prize. I can't think of anyone more deserving in recent memory.

Of the final 3, of course Tyson was a no brainer. Monica, while solid at immunity challenges, lacked at everything else. She was given the opportunity to make moves and refused to do so. I can see the decision of making moves vs loyalty going either way in any other circumstance, but when everyone is saying you are a lap dog.. you need to make a fucking move. Refusing to do so sealed her fate. Gervase? Never stood a chance. I honestly have no idea how he thought he was in any position to gain votes. Textbook definition of coat-tail rider.

Overall, an enjoyable season.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Turning point for me with Cierra was when she completely out talked Katie when Katie tried to claim she had an idol. That was an awesome scene.
Totally. That was a great scene, and a great play on her part. She didn't miss a beat and called out Katie perfectly. I really hope Cierra gets called back for future shows, and I think its a possibility with how much she impressed Jeff.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll tell you what Cierra is my #1 imaginary GF. She was pretty awesome for a pretty good season but man the last episode was such a letdown just because Monica didn't make a move. Monica really had no case imho for winning. She has numerous chances to make a big move but kept with the status quo. The final immunity sealed it for Tyson and no one could win an argument against him. Before that final immunity that he won you might have had a case but not after that. Monica had the option of never letting that happen but she was just a follower in the end and that doesn't win this game. Hopefully this sets a precedent for future seasons in in that you can't ride coattails to the end and shake things up. People are going to remember Cierra and Hayden but not Monica. I really like Kat but really boob job just to keep a guy? Die in a fire please.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
rrr_img_53608.jpg