Survivor: Blood vs. Water

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Monica is a challenge beast. Some people have issues with a woman in that position so they make excuses why the dudes are losing to her.

I think Gervase is the most delusional player this season. He has somehow convinced himself that if he gets to the end with Tyson people are going to vote for him even though everyone is telling him that they won't. He is the biggest obstacle to getting Tyson out at this point.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Gervase's ego is much larger than his brain. He has no shot against Tyson.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
When the episode started I told my wife Cierra was growing on me and I was starting to pull for her. And then she pulls the bonehead move of sharing the immunity idol secret with the group. That was fucking stupid, 100%. However, I was stoked when she sacked up at tribal and voted with the other 2. Should be a good finish

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cierra is shattering the "worthless, coat-tail riding girl" mold and doing everything within her power to play to win. I respect it and I love it. She has won me over and I am rooting for her to the end.

From day one she was probably the smallest and weakest player on the island. You had to question her emotional stability and smarts, being that she had a kid at 16. All signs pointed towards her going out in the first couple weeks, or being a leach on a power players ass to the end. She showed the jury this tribal that her destiny is her own and she is not content riding it out to a 2nd or 3rd place finish.

Tyson, Monica, and Gervase have a tough decision next week. Do they take out Cierra, out of spite? Or, do they remove the physical threat of Hayden? I can't believe that they will turn on each other now, such as the preview suggests. It just makes no sense.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Gervase is the most delusional player this season. He has somehow convinced himself that if he gets to the end with Tyson people are going to vote for him even though everyone is telling him that they won't. He is the biggest obstacle to getting Tyson out at this point.
Yeah, Gervase has no shot. Every time he talks, he screws himself and his alliance.

That said, I think the only person Tyson can beat is Gervase. It's possible he could win going up against Gervase/Monica, but I feel like Monica would take it. Looking at the jury last night, they all seem pretty pissed at Tyson. Add in Hayden and that's 4 who probably won't vote for him. Just takes one more butthurt to knock him out of contention. Not really sure how Tina and Katie would vote, but I'm almost positive they vote the same. More than likely, Katie convinces her mom to vote for anyone but Tyson.

Tyson probably WAS playing a good game, but lately he's been the poster child of the alliance and everyone sees him as the dick of the group. That's not good Survivor strategy. I'd say Hayden wins if he can pull off some timely immunity challenges, or if he breaks up the alliance gunning for him. Ciera has a shot if Hayden is gone. And Monica otherwise.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You could be right, but I'm not sensing those levels of butt hurt about Tyson myself. As big of a dick as he has been in confessionals, I don't feel like he has mistreated people the way that some of the bigger villains have. I can't personally see anyone but Cierra and *maybe* Hayden beating Tyson. Monica has been good in challenges but has zero game outside of that. I would be shocked if she won. I don't think Hayden can make much of a case either, but he might pull some votes from his buddies like Caleb and maybe Katie and her mom.

I can't see Hayden beating Cierra either. He was good last night, but nothing about his game has really stood out other than the fact that he seems pretty likable.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Based on the editing on the show so far I can't see anyone other than Tyson winning, unless Tyson's arch is that he falls just short of victory getting voted out at final 4 (his new idol pretty much assures him top 4) and I don't think we'll have a bitter jury this year preventing Tyson from getting a deserved win.

Hayden has taken over my favorite player this season on the strength of his last 2 episodes. Yes, his plans failed both times, but he has proven to be 1) A nice, likable guy who seems very genuine, 2) A player who wants to make moves and not sit idle as the game passes him by and 3) Someone who won't be bitter and knows everyone is playing a game (Probably because he's already won a million bucks). I'd like to see him win fan favorite, but he was probably too invisible for too long to get enough votes.

TL;DR : I think Tyson wins if he gets to the end, by a large margin in the vote and Hayden is too smart to be dating Kat.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Monica has more muscle mass than any of the other females, by far. I'm not sure how you can say she isn't fit.
well i guess i worded it wrong, she is really fit, but fit to the point of, kinda not easy to watch and you want to shove a hamburger in her kinda mal-nourished.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well i guess i worded it wrong, she is really fit, but fit to the point of, kinda not easy to watch and you want to shove a hamburger in her kinda mal-nourished.
Huh? Still don't get it... Monica is a beast. None of the people this season look all that malnourished, compared to other seasons.

It is no secret that Survivor goes to great effort to put in challenges that benefit smaller frames, balance, and strength. She isn't winning by fluke. She would beat a wide swath of the general population at this stuff, not just her Survivor competitors.

I think Tyson, Gervase, and Monica fend off the rest of them to make final 3. Monica wins by default because the bitter jury hates the boys.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Yeah Tyson is a real idiot savant.

And I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to Ciera. As ballsy as her move was, it just put a huge target on her back and never really accomplished anything. I don't think she can beat Hayden in a final tribal and allying herself with him at this juncture really does nothing for her except piss of the alliance she dropped. If she was truly thinking about endgame, she would have wanted to keep floppy tits around to bring to the end with Gervase. But the people capable of beating her are still in the game. When you have a chance to take out a legitimate threat that is standing between you and the million, while keeping some shitty pawns around... just seemed like a no brainer to me.

My prediction for next week:
Hayden wins immunity and Ciera gets sent packing to RI.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you are down to 6 and you know that you are the 4th on the chopping block, it was a now or never situation for Cierra. A 3v3 tie was the only hope at removing someone from the top 3 out of the game. After that week it was down to 5 people and Tyson, Gervase, Monica could pick off who ever they wanted without threat of repercussion.

As for putting a target on her back... who cares? She took the gamble, it didn't pay off, but she did win favor with the jury. Maybe Hayden does beat her, but maybe not? People like him, but he is already a wealthy young man... while Cierra was a teenage mother, who took on 3 jobs, graduated highschool, and is now a student. She has a pretty compelling case to put in-front of a jury. Add some girl-tears in there and she could win in a landslide vote.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
seriously, good television will see hayden and cierra lasting to the end, those are the only 2 making moves, sure they all don't seem to pan out, but at least they're doing something...

look at katie, she's just sitting there, with no toenails and just going "oh well", i mean she's pretty much an worse contestant like her mom, tina has no game either, other than to follow aras, hell tina is probably wanting to come back into the game to still follow aras, she doesn't even know she's being played by laura, laura helping out tina, isn't about "team mom" nope laura is looking at vitas vs. tina and going, lol, who do i want to compete against next week!

plus those idol clues? wtf, i think those camera men are just telegraphing where the idols are to tyson.

bad tv is if we see either gervais or tyson in the end, sure one of them for the evil heel would be fine, but not both, gervais is just a dumb lacky and tyson is trying to earn jury votes lol.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tyson tells them he has the second idol so why doesn't the other two in his alliance see he needs to go? If he makes it to the end he wins.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I honestly think Monica has a shot... She's a challenge beast, and legitimately won them. She has staid true to her alliance, and could point to the fact that even though they were dicks she stuck to her word. Her weakness is not making any moves but then she could say she let Tyson get his hands bloody so she didn't have to. The only one that does not have a prayer, and it's not even close, is Gervase. Wow, that guy is six shades of stupid on top of two helpings of dumb.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gervase doesn't seem classically stupid to me, just delusional in an egotistical way.

Hayden's true strengths have been a solid social game and how he handled himself at the tribal councils, but ill say it again, dude sucks ass at challenges, or at best is middle of the pack. I know you guys have mentioned he won at Big Brother and I've never seen that show. Does it have interesting challenges or is it mostly social?

I'll give Tyson a ton of credit for keeping calm and controlling his emotions at tribal. Christ, this is the most unsure I have been at this stage of a Surv. season about who is probably going to win and who cannot win. (except Gervase, don't think he has a shot but who knows if the jury remains so butthurt against Tyson, and they simply don't like Monica, eh?)

Give me your speculations. I want to know what some of you alll think.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I agree, Gervase has no chance. He never goes in front of the jury without making an ass of himself. Not stupid, just a douche. I think everyone else has a shot. If Cierra makes it to the end she is definitely in my top 10 all time favorite players. Pulling an individual immunity win out of her ass tonight is the last thing I would have expected and she really did get to Monica, just not quite enough. I can't really see Monica jumping ship now after she stayed true tonight but who knows. I don't actually think it's all that important who comes back because I think either Laura or Hayden will be with Cierra for sure and Tina really has no reason to try to appease the big 3. The chances of Cierra getting through another tribal and then winning the final immunity are pretty remote, but it is usually a balance type endurance challenge so she's not automatically out of it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
GI know you guys have mentioned he won at Big Brother and I've never seen that show. Does it have interesting challenges or is it mostly social?
there is actually the possibility for MORE with big brother challenges, i only say this because all the challenges are done in the big brother house (they are all in a secluded house/lot and most of the challenges are done in the backyard) but it's not a ghetto backyard, they can almost create theme park attractions. the reason why i say there's more possiblity for BB challenges is that they can use electricity, lol.

like they can have you stand on a ledge the size of a book and shoot automatic baseballs at you.

i'd say it's like the same mix of survivor challenges/good show.

big brother, you spend like 70 days? but unlike survivor, you have NOTHING to do, at least in survivor you can fish or run along the beach. these ppl get fed daily (no need to "survive") and run around circles in the backyard. so there's probably tons more social game to big brother than survivor, since you have nothing to do but talk and talk and talk.

again hayden did win the most challenges for his season, but he was also protected by one of the best alliances in BB history, his super bro alliance was 99% super strong and took out everyone.

while here in survivor tyson is taking out any possible alliance hayden might have.

warning don't click possible spoiler from bb on the final four
i said it before but a big brother castmate who know has a sister that knows everyone said on big brother (they were filming) that hayden made it to the final four right before she got on the show (survivor was filming at the same time), so i'm thinking if this is still true then he'll beat out the women and come back, but it looks like a balance challenge? does not seem possible for him to win against, basically the fucking redemption island mom queens

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really sad for the Wesson's, that Tina and Katie lost their 25 year old son/brother last week. With that in mind, I'll just say that Katie is a strong person to make it out there for a month and she is a beautiful young lady.

Gervase has a short emotional fuse and is completely delusional about his contributions to the game. It goes back to the first episode when he nearly cost his team the challenge, yet he was the one at the end rubbing the other teams nose in it. I know it is strange to think of strong man, with a big mouth as a coattail rider, but if the shoe fits... He won't receive 1 vote from the jury.

Tyson wants to think he has played a perfect game, but he has no friends or allies on the jury. He has to hope and rely on Outplay, Outwit, and Outlast to be his saving grace. It won't work.

Monica, as troubled and unsure as she looked at tonight's tribal made the obvious and correct choice. She has put herself in position to be the "best of the worst" alternative decision for the jury.

I love Cierra's game, but she has taken it as far as she can. It's over now. Maybe we get to see her again in a future season.

The Monica, Tyson, Gervase trio stays strong. One of them steps up and gets the immunity at the final 4 challenge. We get a mostly lack luster final tribal and the bitter jury gives Monica the $1 million.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gervase doesn't seem classically stupid to me, just delusional in an egotistical way.

Hayden's true strengths have been a solid social game and how he handled himself at the tribal councils, but ill say it again, dude sucks ass at challenges, or at best is middle of the pack. I know you guys have mentioned he won at Big Brother and I've never seen that show. Does it have interesting challenges or is it mostly social?
The game is very largely social. The challenges don't really become vital until the final four or five. The voting dynamic is much different in BB. Winning a challenge in that game gives someone the power to choose who votes go to, and it's only two people (or three for last season). A second challenge gives the winner the opportunity to remove one of the original picks, and the original winner has to pick another replacement. Each round (from tribal to tribal) is 3 days in survivor, where it is 7 days in BB. To me the game is orders of magnitude more social than survivor.

That is funny about Hayden, I don't remember him winning many challenges in BB until the final (and most important) ones. His biggest strength was his alliance that is for sure (as someone else stated), and he almost pulled that off early in this season of Survivor. The tribe swap really hurt him and Caleb the most, and Vyttas and Aras went with Aras' alliance instead of Vyttas' and it ended up costing all of them the game.