Survivor: Blood vs. Water

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My friends, our fears are confirmed. We have an awful season ahead of us.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Glad to see this thread is going to be a full season bitchfest.

The loved one thing definitely adds a different dynamic. Basically everything you do to help yourself potentially hurts your loved one, and it's clear that they're going to go out of their way to put people in positions where they have to choose between their loved ones and themselves in front of everyone.

Gervais or whatever the dude's name was had to be one of the most pathetic performances I've seen in a challenge. The returning players are supposed to have the advantage but between him and the blonde girl that was threatened with being hit over the head with a paddle they have some real dogs on their team.

Sucks that Marissa got voted off. She seemed nice and normal and she had a smokin body.

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
Definitely like the new player tribe more. The doctor guy has the look the typical arrogant douchebag but actually seems like an ok guy to root for. The former addict seems pretty interesting too.

Every time they show rupert's wife I have to stop myself from throwing up.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
So, I correctly picked the winner based off of the ep1 edit in the past two seasons, and I have a really good feeling about this prediction, too: Monica. She had a lot of airtime, a strong opening sound byte, and has a retard of a husband who is sitting in a good position on his tribe (majority alliance, at least).

Anyway, I'm not completely down on the season so far. I want Colton gone immediately, and I'm happy that my other two least favorites (Candice and Rupert) are already on RI. With the twist, RI has a chance of being semi-decent. I still hate it, but maybe it wont be so bad this time.

Things that could make this season work:

Colton getting taken out early. Rupert and Candice not lasting long at RI. Tyson and Aras lasting far beyond the merge. The Broliance sticking around for awhile (they're pretty funny in a dumb way). RI being eliminated after the merge.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
I don't have a clue who to get behind. This season is filled with people that i either don't like or don't care about. The heroin addict guy is about the one i want to win, and only because i think it would be hilarious to have a criminal as the survivor champion.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
A normal black chick gets voted off first and another that nearly drowns in a water challenge, welcome to Survivor.

Sad Tyson got such a bad edit, they need a tribe swap, which should be more dynamic now at least. Please let Colton get booted next.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is my first time watching survivor in a long time...

but i've watched big brother, and the big brother winner hayden in the noobies, is doing exactly what he did in big brother, not do anything to stick out, do well on challenges and let others talk. You just see him nodding his head the whole episode, he won big brother doing that and he's athletic.

i can see how no one likes that gay guy, wow he's just a sad human, i liked how he tried to use his gayness to gain popularity that night. "I'm gay in the south, boo hoo", what will be interesting is how vile his gay partner turns out to be, that'll be something to watch.

of course the black girl get's voted off first, she's... the black girl, that's like normal tv.

daughters seemed dumb on that puzzle, well at least the blond.

redemption:
i liked the old guy doing nothing lol, sounds like a good strategy to me.

i hope mean gay guy stays, otherwise it wouldn't be fun!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This was the worst first episode of Survivor I can remember. I'm not going to hate on the entire season yet, but Colton crying while telling his campfire confessional? The one chick talking about being a teen-mom? The dude talking about being a degenerate drug-addict? Is this Survivor or Celebrity Rehab?

Also, fuck Redemption "Island".

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Colton is 1000 times worse than he came across on this episode. It looks like the real Colton will be back next week. i am sort of interested in his partner just to see what kind of person voluntarily spends time with Colton.

Sean_sl

shitlord
this is my first time watching survivor in a long time...

i can see how no one likes that gay guy, wow he's just a sad human, i liked how he tried to use his gayness to gain popularity that night. "I'm gay in the south, boo hoo", what will be interesting is how vile his gay partner turns out to be, that'll be something to watch.

i hope mean gay guy stays, otherwise it wouldn't be fun!
If you saw him in his previous season there's no possible way you would want him to stay around. Like BrutulTM said he's 1000 times worse than that when he stops the act and fuck, that's really an understatement. The guy is a terrible fucking human being and pretty much the scum of the earth. He's a HUGE racist and classist bigot to boot.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I loved Brad's reasoning for the big bro-lliance (which is made even more hilarious that he is running it). "Us big studly menz gotta stick together! These weak women and little weak pussies like Cochran are winning survivor these days!" Goddamn, this guy is going to be fun to watch.

I'd like the drug addict criminal better if he was more sneaky and mysterious. What the fuck is with the compulsive need to tell everyone your life's story within 10 minutes of meeting them? Reminds me of Chunk from the Goonies.

What really soured me on that episode was 2 people being made to go to RI right off the bat for no other reason than the producers thought that would be a clever exciting start. That said, I am not a fan of Rupert so I hope he goes first. He's always working that passive aggressive "whah! poor me, my sob story is worst and I have it tougher than anyone!" emotional angle and I hate that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I did laugh a little at Rupert's "I'm not doing shit" attitude.

I'm trying to remember what Colton said.. but didn't Jeff ask him if he knew any black people and he said his housekeeper or something. Guy is a major dick and doesn't get it, at all. No one gives a fuck that you're gay, and crying is a nice sign of weakness on night 1. If the tribe is smart they'll remember how he was and get rid of him immediately. Queen Colton cannot persevere.

I found it interesting that the druggy and his brother had completely different motivations. The normal brother acted like he wanted to rub it in his brother's face if he wins, and the drug addict said he thought it was cool because they could bond playing survivor together. I'm hoping the drug addict wins just for that.

I'm still on the fence whether or not I'll watch this season or not, right now I'm just catching the episodes as my wife watches them - if they get more interesting I might pay more attention.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
h0vjv47.gif

twR99ol.gif

4b64Bz6.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm also a bit confused by the whole winning thing, unless I'm missing something. If a husband or a wife win, I know there's some contract where they aren't allowed to share winnings but realistically nothing will happen. Doesn't being on the show with a close family member basically double your chance of winning? SOrry if it's been pointed out.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm also a bit confused by the whole winning thing, unless I'm missing something. If a husband or a wife win, I know there's some contract where they aren't allowed to share winnings but realistically nothing will happen. Doesn't being on the show with a close family member basically double your chance of winning? SOrry if it's been pointed out.
Well that's sort of the twist, I guess. You have a built-in alliance, but you guys have to make it to the merge and then will you really stick with your family member? WE SHALL SEE!! Dun-dun-dunnnn.

Clearly you are sharing the winnings with your wife/husband. I'm sure they have amended the rule in that regard for this season.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think it'll be like what happened in big brother spoiler if you haven't watched big brother 8? like 8 years ago
the final two was a father and daughter, father won, he wasn't allowed to give/split money with daughter but he could pay for college buy a car.

i'm a survivor noob so whats with rupert? why'd they all pick his wife and why they all want him on the team (i guess he was survivorman?)

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The minute I heard the overall theme I instantly cooled to the idea... But now that it's revealed it's actually really just a fans vs favorites season (and honestly I can see why they did this, because fans vs favorites were two popular seasons). I was on the hardcore no returning players boat as well, until after this season of big brother. I don't think the casting folks for these shows have it in them to truly cast anymore... This season of Big Brother blew, and honestly the most recent seasons of Survivor with all new players have been pretty bad too. As long as there are recruits, a show full of newbies will suck.

Redemption island is a terrible idea, has always been a terrible idea, and I could have sworn that Survivor's producers realized this. I guess not
frown.png
I am holding out hope that this season won't completely suck, but I don't think that is possible. And if Colton goes all queen dick on everyone, then his ass is gone. He does have others from his season on there (and not even what few good ones there were either wtf??) and I don't think they will put up with his shit.

And Gervis: I know this is racial as hell, but almost completely true: what is it with black people, guys in particular, and swimming? It's like the vast majority of them really suck at it or can't swim at all. I mean hell Gervis about friggin drowned for Christ's sake.

Rooting for Drug Addict too, I love good comeback stories, and it really sounds like the dude has been trying to get past that for 14 years now.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
bio said gervis is 43, i don't know if that plays a factor... but why wasn't there others helping him more (strong swimmers), but then you're a veteran, you should know you have to keep in shape before the show. but yea black, just like in big brother the biggest strongest guy there couldn't paddle his way out of the pool in the first challenge and he was black too.

yea, what's with the drug addicts brothers story? he sounds like an ass just so he can beat his druggie brother who seems grateful at a second chance for living. I mean very few ppl sound sincere on reality tv, but he really sounded sincere when he said he was glad they took him to jail and straightened him out.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am a big Probst fan, but god damnit if he didn't annoy the shit out of me this first episode.

This fuckin season...