Survivor

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
What.. the.. fuck.. brains.... the dumbest tribe ever. Was laughing my ass off when J'Tia dumped the rice, I would have done the same if I knew I was getting voted out. Garrett is probably the worse poker player. At least there's no redemption island.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Craziest premier ever. Really pissed that I didn't get on this season now because I'd totally be on the beauty tribe and I want to see dem tits.

Btw on the Nuclear Engineer shit: she has a phd, which means that she's likely just teaching and not in the field. Engineers typically only go to grad school for executive mobility and go after phd's to teach.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Which is a good thing because Spencer hit on the head with his vote speech: the idea of her being anywhere near anything involving nuclear material is very very scary.

I was somewhat ok with David getting the ouster, until Garrett showed that he had no idea how to play this game. Now, the brains tribe is completely doomed. I just hope Spencer and Kass are the last two standing after it gets decimated and they get merged into the other two tribes. The other two tribes seem to be full of generally likeable people so far, of course I say that with a grain of salt since they have yet to meet any adversity. And holy cow to those tits, here's hoping to many wardrobe malfunctions that can be unblurred.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Craziest premier ever. Really pissed that I didn't get on this season now because I'd totally be on the beauty tribe and I want to see dem tits.

Btw on the Nuclear Engineer shit: she has a phd, which means that she's likely just teaching and not in the field. Engineers typically only go to grad school for executive mobility and go after phd's to teach.
She's a ridiculous person. She said "I'm a nuclear engineer, and I have an idea of how to build the shelter," and my immediate reaction was..."What??" If she were a structural or civil engineer I could see her being all cocky about it, but what the hell does a nuclear engineer know about building a shelter?

I'm going to be very serious about applying in the next round of casting. I wish they'd do away with, or at least lessen (maybe only 3-4 cast members), the amount of recruited cast. Most of these people are such failures.

This season is also very flawed. The Brains tribe really stood no chance to begin with, as they slotted it with people that were socially awkward and mostly physically weak. There's only a certain amount of intelligence needed for Survivor. It's not like any of the challenges are requiring superior intelligence. The Beauty and Brawns tribes, I'm sure, have members that are all more than capable of handling it, but their advantage is that they're all much more social and physically dominant. Plus, the Brains has "smart" people that include a fucking lawyer and accountant. Neither of those professions requires you to be particularly smart (not saying the individual cast members aren't), but they also don't confer traits that are necessarily advantageous. Then again, the one profession that I thoughtwouldconfer a strength is professional poker player and that blew up fast.

I'm curious, Adam, have you been through the casting process a few times? And insight into it?

Edit: Oh yeah, and this season is going to bemiserableif it continues to rain like it has the first 6(?) days. Not sure I've seen it rain this frequently in the Survivor premiere.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well crap, I swore I checked the casting thing recently, but apparently they're already doing casting for the next 2 seasons. Doubt I can get an application together in time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rain is stupid imo, it just leads to the thin girl quitting after toughing it out forever. i remember a tiny white girl did this and na onka did it as well. Probably a lot of close calls too. It wouldn't be bad if they showed you that it was day after day of rain (you find out later that ppl usually quit and think of quitting when it rains like 4 days in a row, that's basically 4 days sitting in a cold ass pool since you can't do anything but wither away).

speaking of girls, for big boobs cheerleader... i didn't find her hot, in fact i thought if she lost 10lbs, she'd be way hotter, it just didn't look right. (look i'm not a "sharp knees, would not hit ok)

here's the promo pic of her (with makeup/bikini)
rrr_img_61353.jpg

now there she looks amazing.
this is her 2010 nfl year
rrr_img_61354.jpg

then there are those tumblr/instagram pics (before show, where she can put on makeup)
rrr_img_61355.jpg
rrr_img_61356.jpg
rrr_img_61357.jpg

and this is like her first days on the beach
rrr_img_61358.jpg

idk, maybe she's smart, 1 week b4 going, she decided, krispy kreme, gotta get fat in me!, and imo that'd be a great strat. (mainly it was her arms that brought it to my attention)

Kleenex_sl

shitlord
For quite a few seasons now teams seem to vote off "physical threats" from the very beginning with no thought to the fact that they need that physical strength to win challenges. The team then gets decimated early on and there is a quicker than would have otherwise happened reshuffle or merge. I'd like to see them do away with that reshuffle and just let the decimated team disappear. If the team gets down to one person that one person has to fight for survival. If he/she loses there's no need for a tribal, just head off the beach. If he/she wins, they can hang on for another three days of doing everything for themselves around camp. If they did that for a few seasons players would start to think twice about getting rid of physical threats too early. There would be more strategic timing of looking for the appropriate time. If you go too early: trouble. If you wait too long: trouble. *Just a long time lurkers two cents.*

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
here's the promo pic of her (with makeup/bikini)
and this is like her first days on the beach
Newsflash: Women look ugly without makeup.

She actually looks much better than most women without it, which means with it she's hot.

And yeah, Kleenex, I agree. It's these idiots who start playing 10 steps ahead of where they should be and end up crippling themselves. David was awful about this. Yes, let's vote off the biggest looking guy on the tribe because he may be a threat in 3 weeks. Oh, you didn't last that long so it didn't matter? Whoops. And now that entire tribe will have to be saved by the producers because they're overthinking it. J'Tia should have been the first out, but they can't do anything right.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Garret was such an idiot, everyone was ready to vote out jetea after that challenge. Then he goes and tries to act like a dictator and doesnt want anyone to talk etc. completely blew it. And then not to have the foresight to play the immunity idol. How can you not tell everyone is annoyed with how you're acting?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yup, he's terrible. I'm pulling for Spencer, though he really got hosed with getting that team.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't care what Garrett said at tribal council...you're voting to keep the person that swam the slowest, had an attitude problem in camp and thinks a nuclear engineering degree makes her an expert on shelter building, blew a HUGE lead on a puzzle, AND DUMPED ALL THE RICE?!?
I kinda feel bad for the chess kid, but he should have stepped up to do the puzzle and/or got Garrett under control in camp. Not sure if he has no leadership abilities or was just trying to stay out of that role on purpose, but that tribe is done now. He just needs to hope the producers split them up and shuffle them into the other groups or something.

As for the cheerleader, I think she looks better on the island than in those instagram pics.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For quite a few seasons now teams seem to vote off "physical threats" from the very beginning with no thought to the fact that they need that physical strength to win challenges. The team then gets decimated early on and there is a quicker than would have otherwise happened reshuffle or merge. I'd like to see them do away with that reshuffle and just let the decimated team disappear. If the team gets down to one person that one person has to fight for survival. If he/she loses there's no need for a tribal, just head off the beach. If he/she wins, they can hang on for another three days of doing everything for themselves around camp. If they did that for a few seasons players would start to think twice about getting rid of physical threats too early. There would be more strategic timing of looking for the appropriate time. If you go too early: trouble. If you wait too long: trouble. *Just a long time lurkers two cents.*
They did this in Palau, except for the final person just leaving part. But, it's the only season I can remember, where they let the other tribe just get whittled down to 1 person.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Elurin: I've been to open casting once and have submitted videos on 2 separate occasions now. Made it to the first callback on the open casting, and the 2nd callback interview for this current season (my 2nd video submission). I think the round after the 2nd callback is where they fly you out to LA to interview with the producers in person, but maybe there's another phone interview. I have no idea how close I've been to getting to the LA stage, but I feel like the phone interviews have gone pretty well. From what I've read and what I've seen they're only taking about a third of the cast from these methods while the rest are "ringers." I really don't know what kind of advice I can give on it since I have no clue what combination of shit they're looking for.

Brain Team: book smart doesn't mean shit here. Because you understand physics and engineering doesn't mean you know how to apply that shit, which is why I brought up the phd thing and the likelihood that Dr. Na'Onka has never left school. Garrett should also know better that to show his hand but whatever. He obviously wasn't into the game at all, and had 0 self awareness which is always a killer.

The last time something like this happened with 3 tribes wasn't that long ago. It was the Penner/Skupin/Black Russell season when Malcolm's tribe got decimated and Malcolm and Denise ended up getting split between the two remaining tribes. I hope something similar happens here. Production bailing these retards out wouldn't be fun.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Care to share what you've included with your application Adam12 that got you that far? I'm sick of these recruited morons ruining the game. Jarrett may be the worst in a long time. And can we get a non-stereotypical black chick with an attitude for once? Jesus Christ.

I'd love to go school these morons.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
...said every person who had never played Survivor yet.

I have to say that keeping the bitch who just destroyed your food supply is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen on this show.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't understand how having a PhD in nuclear engineering translates to building a shelter. Or how a pro poker player is on the brains tribe. It's weird.

Was mildly entertained, more so than the last few seasons.

Any idea why comcast blocked this show on several channels in our area?

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Care to share what you've included with your application Adam12 that got you that far? I'm sick of these recruited morons ruining the game. Jarrett may be the worst in a long time. And can we get a non-stereotypical black chick with an attitude for once? Jesus Christ.

Open casting I was pretty nervous as I had just stood in a line for a few hours in the cold, and everything was done outside. I just talked about being a fan, a little background (former military currently attending university), and tried to speak clearly and have a presence. By that I mean I smiled, used hand gestures so I didn't seem uncomfortable while remaining confident and made fun of myself a little bit to show a sense of humor. They only gave us 2 minutes to speak so the real trick was more about projecting who I am than trying to cram in a ton of information as quickly as possible.

You get 5 minutes for the videos, so you get more time. I did both in the backyard and just talked about myself as comfortably and confidently as I could. What I keep hearing from people is to just be yourself and don't try to show something you aren't. If you're crazy, show them crazy. If you're a "normal" dude, just show that. Easiest way to get on the show apparently is to be a black woman with a degree, so if you're that then you should be golden.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did it say what that first short guy that was voted off did on the show? I just read on ESPN he is the president of the Miami Marlins and is worth like $200 million. I don't want some already rich person winning the show.