Survivor

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I pity all of you, except for lindz who knows what is up. I used to watch Parv's Perfect10 boxing thing on a loop. It was as creepy as it sounds.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I would totally watch another season with Parvati and Amanda and James. They couldn't really do a Boston Rob vs. Russell type season with them though because Parv was a way better player than the other two.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Parvati looked weird in the reunion show. With that said, she's my favorite female player ever...her hotness has a lot to do with her attitude/personality. Listening to Morgan talk for any period of time would get on my nerves fast...her body is what I would consider perfect, but I'd take Parvati over her in a heartbeat.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, no doubt. I wasn't talking about a personality contest though. Angie, albeit super hot, is quite an air head. Morgan is smoking too, but her whole "I get anything I want because titties" persona is as offputting as it gets. Parvati has a solid head on her shoulders but as far as looks go, she just isn't best of.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I would totally watch another season with Parvati and Amanda and James. They couldn't really do a Boston Rob vs. Russell type season with them though because Parv was a way better player than the other two.
Amanda isn't that bad of a player. She did well in China, much better than Parvati did in her first season, and FvV was a wash between the two imo. Amanda did just as much as Parvati to keep that shit together outside of the Ozzy blindside. The Ice Cream Scooper move was totally on Amanda, for example. Amanda is just terrible at articulating her game in Tribal and I think that was just a carry over from the game. I don't think she lost based upon her Final Tribal terribleness (both of her Finals were horrible) but I think it shows that she wasn't as great socially as Parvati was.

The social game obviously isn't something you can ignore, so that's what makes Parvati a better player. Just not by leaps and bounds like they both are above James.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't believe they had the gall to put the guy on TV who came up with that terrible immunity idol.
The thing that frustrates me the most is Jeff has convinced himself that the only reason people didn't like that idol is because Tony found it. As we can even show in this very thread, people were complaining about that as soon as we heard about it. I know the Survivor Reddit was the same way. People hated itwaybefore Tony found it.

That jury's butthurt definitely went to 11. What exactly did they all believe Tony was swearing to again? That he would do his best to ensure that they would each win the million? You'd think after 20 something seasons of this that people'd know better.
It always amuses me how seriously people take swearing on something. Maybe I'm not the type of person that would win Survivor, but if I knew it was the only way I wasn't going to get voted out that week, I'd say whatever you wanted me to. If you're going to play Survivor, you need to learn to separate real life from the game, otherwise someone is going to fool you into letting down your guard just because they swore on some inanimate object or a ghost.

Jeff was complaining in his IAMA about the cast members going on Twitter rampages basically giving away aspects of the show (like revealing Morgan was out before we had seen it). Really hope they are able to rein them in on that, kind of annoying.
Jeff is right, and as one of the producers of the show, I'm not sure why they can't add it to the Survivor contract that they all have to sign that they can't use social media during the airing of the show. It's common sense, really.

Also lol @ the jury. Woo would have SWEPT the vote vs Kass. Would have been a terrible ending to a great season.
I sort of hate when Jeff asks questions like that. Not just because it's really shitty to the loser, but it's also something that ignores a lot of factors - the primary one being that we have no idea how the final tribal council really would've gone had the final immunity winner selected the other person. The final tribal council is one of the most important aspects of the game and can make or break people (eg Amanda), so you really can't ignore it and assume it would've really gone down the way people at the reunion said it would.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
That was actually Cirie's idea, and it one of the fans (Natalie) who executed it.
Didn't Amanda rope him in during a reward challenge and then seal the deal later with a blowjob or something?

About the social media shit: it was in the contracts forever. I don't think they got rid of it until HvV or maybe a season or two afterwards (right around the time that Twitter became a serious force) thinking that it'd help gain a bigger audience. Of course it doesn't, but whatever. Now that Jeff has spoken out against it, and Morgan really fucked up earlier this season, I think that it'll be gone again by season 30 (since contracts for 29 were already signed).

About the final tribal question during the reunion: Jeff HAS to ask that because it's so relevant and fresh in everyone's mind. It's the question everyone will be asking, anyway, so he might as well get out in front of it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I the only one that completely hated this Final episode format? No need to have Jeff stumbling around the live audience asking stupid fucking audience questions before the island material has been shown. I normally love Probst's work as a host, but it seemed like he was all crazy jacked up and on overdrive. Even announcing the Blood vs Water v2.0 he was going sports announcer level voice changes.

I dont know, it just seemed way out of character and extremely fake to an otherwise guy who makes the hosting seem somewhat effortless and pro.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Am I the only one that completely hated this Final episode format? No need to have Jeff stumbling around the live audience asking stupid fucking audience questions before the island material has been shown. I normally love Probst's work as a host, but it seemed like he was all crazy jacked up and on overdrive. Even announcing the Blood vs Water v2.0 he was going sports announcer level voice changes.

I dont know, it just seemed way out of character and extremely fake to an otherwise guy who makes the hosting seem somewhat effortless and pro.
The shit while the actual finale was going on was terrible but I think (hope) it was an experiment. They try different things all of the time to see what works, and this failed. Hopefully they recognize that.

The reunion is always 9 parts terrible 1 part good. So it was a typical reunion show to me.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of Blood vs Water, I do not mind seeing it again this soon. If we remember, the true format was changed due to RC and her dad pulling out the day before filming was set to begin on island. (dad's medical issues) They flew in Candace and her husband John the same day to replace RC and her dad.

The actual format of blood vs water was supposed to consist of a tribe of relatives (blood) vs married couples (water). Because RC and her dad were "blood" and Candace and John were an extra "water" pairing, they changed the entire format to Vets vs loved ones.

So, I do not mind seeing this Blood vs Water 2 as it will be a dynamic we haven't exactly seen. If they go the original route, it will have the loved ones in their own tribe and could really have an interesting impact on alliances and votes. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I said as much about BvW2. I think it'll be fine.

Speaking of Parvati, btw, this is a really good interview (just look at Parvati during it and your eyes will be fine):

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
dont' forget parvati is also top 3 if not top as a physical player as well. she's one of the few girls that could actually swim well, and then have the endurance to do it over and over (probably from being a boxer). the other spot is def candance for physical, she also looks good but is godawful in social gaming. if we had another season with RC, i'd say she'd be number 3.

i mean there are other strong females like denise stahple (winner), but we're talking really hot and physical players right?

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Amanda has won just as many individual immunity challenges as Parvati (4 each), and was always one of the stronger female players in team challenges. All I'm saying is that they're very close to eachother overall. Yes, Parvati is better, but not by a large margin.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would smash Parvati hard.. I mean she would probably be dead afterwards. Morgan is on another level for me though.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
The social game obviously isn't something you can ignore, so that's what makes Parvati a better player. Just not by leaps and bounds like they both are above James.
That's true, James was a horrible player, I just found him entertaining.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It always amuses me how seriously people take swearing on something. Maybe I'm not the type of person that would win Survivor, but if I knew it was the only way I wasn't going to get voted out that week, I'd say whatever you wanted me to. If you're going to play Survivor, you need to learn to separate real life from the game, otherwise someone is going to fool you into letting down your guard just because they swore on some inanimate object or a ghost.
I have thought about this too. I think people are just so paranoid about being lied to all the time that they want to tell themselves that they can believe somebody because of X. It's also just a way to try to make people feel shitty after you got tricked by them.

Amanda has won just as many individual immunity challenges as Parvati (4 each), and was always one of the stronger female players in team challenges. All I'm saying is that they're very close to eachother overall. Yes, Parvati is better, but not by a large margin.
Plus there was that one challenge where Amanda's top came off and she just kept going. I always liked her but that cemented her in my heart forever.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I have thought about this too. I think people are just so paranoid about being lied to all the time that they want to tell themselves that they can believe somebody because of X. It's also just a way to try to make people feel shitty after you got tricked by them.
Yes. There are several types of juries, but the two that fall on the "bitter" side of things tend to either be "I'm bitter and FUCK YOU YOU'RE NOT GETTING MY VOTE" or "I'm going to vote for you but I'm totally going to make you feel like shit on TV while I can." Both are attention whoring plays for their last chance to be on national TV, and in a lot of cases I think they're playing for future seasons, too. Sue Hawk wouldn't have been on All-Stars if it wasn't for her snakes and rats speech at season 1's final tribal. Trish probably sealed a future season with her speech, but if she actually believed that shit then she's crazier than Kass says she is.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Big brother has a notorius guy doing this, swore on his wife kids and, gasp the bible, his cross. Did it work? Not only did he win but the second time around he got second, he plaiyed a better game but was up against spencer, basically, nerdy underdog.

Those who believe are dumb.