Survivor

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wife wanted to see more survivor...
s19:samoa

I didn't say shit about, i just said it's the best season.

two things.
1. 1st eps she's like wow this russell guy is awesome
2. natale says something like "russell will take me to the end" she laughed "yea right"

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
lol. I wouldn't call s19 the best, but it is damn good. Too bad Laura M. is the worst person of all time.

lindz

#DDs
How can you not add Boston Rob to the best player list. Yeah he was a bit of an idiot in his first season but allstars he was awesome and his last season (tho it was boring as hell) was masterful.

Alexis and Parvati definitely my top two girls.

And omg All-stars is definitely a top 5.

Hmm mine would be HvV, All-stars, Borneo, Fans v Favs and Cook Islands for me.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The fact that Tony went around making secret spy shacks should get him on the top 5 list of best players.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The fact that Tony went around making secret spy shacks should get him on the top 5 list of best players.
Apparently production tried to not tip people off on them, too, so they didn't film him in there a lot. Apparently he'd spend several hours in there at a time by using Trish as bait to get people talking in the shelter.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
re-watching s20, man this jury is the most emo bitter jury, probably cuz russell made them check their survivor egos.

if russell played in s28, he'd probably win and be respected.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
re-watching s20, man this jury is the most emo bitter jury, probably cuz russell made them check their survivor egos.

if russell played in s28, he'd probably win and be respected.
Russell was a dick for no reason, Tony tried to be kind to pretty much everyone while still kicking them out.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Russell was a dick for no reason, Tony tried to be kind to pretty much everyone while still kicking them out.
This. No matter how good Russel was at finding idols and knowing when to play them, he was a massive douchebag. You can't forego the social game and he clearly didn't learn that after his first finale loss.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
This. No matter how good Russel was at finding idols and knowing when to play them, he was a massive douchebag. You can't forego the social game and he clearly didn't learn that after his first finale loss.
He had no idea that he lost s19 when he played s20, which is why he always said "I didn't play 2 seasons, I played 1 very long season." When HvV wrapped, he thought that he had won 2 seasons in a row.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Russell was the epitome of 'sore loser' in both of those seasons. Instantly lost all respect for him when I saw him in the finale of both seasons.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
He had no idea that he lost s19 when he played s20, which is why he always said "I didn't play 2 seasons, I played 1 very long season." When HvV wrapped, he thought that he had won 2 seasons in a row.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Unfortunately for him, his 3rd time around he didn't even really get a chance to be a dick or change his ways!

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Unfortunately for him, his 3rd time around he didn't even really get a chance to be a dick or change his ways!
Well yeah, his tribe didn't give him much of a chance BUT he did have about a week there (I think Rob's tribe lost the first 2 challenges) and all he did was form an obvious alliance with the young/hot chicks and tell everyone else to fuck off. So in other words, his tribe was completely correct and Russell hadn't/wouldn't change. Maybe it would have worked if those chicks were Parvati and Danielle (underrated imo), but they weren't even close.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Russell's problem was he never realized his game is too reliant on everyone else being in the dark. Once people realized his strategy was one of divide and conquer, they knew where to look when cracks started to form. And that was the double-edged sword of him getting on HvV immediately following his first season. He had the advantage of going into a second season with no one knowing how he worked, but he it also gave him the impression that he could execute the same strategy multiple times. Now that he's had a third season to dispel that notion, it makes me wonder how (or if) he'd change how he plays if given another chance.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
No fan or returning player would want to ally with him (unless they're another Parvati), his fourth attempt will be the exact same as his third.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most likely, though when you think about it, who better to form an alliance with than Russell? Get him to do all the heavy lifting, allow him to make all the big moves, and just sit back letting him to think you are the one who is the goat. Imagine someone intentionally playing the game like a Natalie White, knowing they can just ride his coattails to a million dollars.

But really, it's the same reason I think Tony should avoid the temptation of playing another season unless he can drastically change how he plays. Too much of his strategy was contingent on a level of trust he'll never be able to achieve again. Going into the game, people will immediately know he's someone that will promise you the world and then turn around and backstab you the very next vote. And obviously things like the spy shack and his "bag of tricks" will be much more difficult to execute. Better for him to go out being remembered as a deserving winner rather than ending up like a Colby or Rupert, where people start to question how they were ever able to make it as far as they did.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea tony should just not survivor anymore, maybe get his wife, go on amazing race or whatever, but winners shouldn't come back. at best you'd be the initial target like tina was in s8, then in s20 they had to load up the list with even more winners so they wouldn't be totally out.

or you can be a returning winner, and instead of being remembered for the "innocent southern boy", try to make moves and give away the idol to russell to be the dumbest player.

i'm pretty sure the problem with russell is that he plays the game for the viewer and he didn't have someone like trish. most post interviews with s28 is that tony would make a move, blindside the alliance and trish was stuck doing damage control for 14hours laying in the hut, or dipping in the pool.

oh thats another thing, my wife asked me, if theres a girl/woman who made it to/past the merge and actually did shit/camp work, or did they all just lay in the hut?

i thought about it, and denise stahple (winner) is the only one that comes to mind. the rest are portrayed as sunbathing.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The prices on that shit is unreal. People with lot's of disposable money must watch Survivor.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
'Survivor' contestant Caleb Bankston killed in train accident - MSN TV News

Damn...
rrr_img_69869.jpg

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit, I can't believe Colton pushed him in front of a train!

Edit: Nevermind, apparently he caused the train to get derailed. That sounds much more like him.